1200 10 2019-8-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RGMGFitness
First Officer
Flight distance : 233757 ft
  • >>>
United States

We'll, it finally happened.  I was on vacation in Ocean City, MD (USA) and getting a little creative with my Mavic Air shots.  She was a good drone...but went down in the water.  I love this little drone so much I ordered a new one!  Gotta love Amazon Prime...back up and running in 2-days.  Yes, this was entirely my fault! No risk...no reward.   

P.S.  One major difference I noticed between my original Mavic Air (#1 - Red) and my new Mavic Air (#2 - Black) aside from the color of course.  Was I get more "SIGNAL INTERFERENCE" warnings on the newer version.  Now, it's woth noting I was running an older version of firmware on #1 and #2 is running the newest Mavic Air firmware but I don't recall anything in the firmware releases regarding any changes here.  It's worth noting that when I ENABLE 'Airplane Mode' on my iPhone 7Plus the warning messages disappear.  Just an observation......

2019-8-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

Sorry for your loss, but good luck with the new bird.
2019-8-21
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Sorry to hear, but good to have you back already!
2019-8-21
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Flight distance : 10321657 ft
Canada

sorry to hear that you loss your drone however I must congratulate you on your honesty,  most people will blame someone or something else.
2019-8-21
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sorry to hear, but also happy your back flying
2019-8-21
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sorry to read that - hope the new one performs better for you
2019-8-22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out and we are deeply sorry about the loss of your previous DJI Mavic Air but we are glad that you purchased a new one and continued supporting us. Regarding the error that you are receiving, the location where you are flying the said drone might have signal interference that is affecting the drone and its connection. Most causes of the interferences would be any wireless signal that interfering signals from the Remote Controller to the Aircraft. Also, you can try to fly in a different location to check if the issue will still persist. Please make sure also that you are using an updated firmware for your both aircraft and RC to avoid any issues and problems. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have any inquiries or concern and we are more than happy to help. Cheers!
2019-8-22
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Yup, sorry to hear that, but good news your back in the swing quickly. Good ending.
2019-8-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Tough break, but cann you imagine you lose signal while flying from a boat, your craft is not going to fly back to you, simply because when flying back You are still moving, without signal it will fly to last point set and unless you regain signal it will just land in the water.

Using Rth when your on a boat is always going to be fraught with some risk, for loss of signal it’s always best to set to hover, this way you can go to craft, if you don’t regain signal you can just place boat underneath drone and wait for it to land. Hover should always be the default for loss of signal over water if your on a boat, and Rth can be initiated but probably should be canceled as soon as you have sight of drone .
2019-8-22
Use props
maddox
Captain
Malaysia

Sorry to know that
2019-8-23
Use props
GroTToFlyeR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1148937 ft
United States

Cool video not sure what’s worse dog bite or mav loss ?  Good to see your positive attitude about it all
Cheers to your future endeavors
2019-8-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules