123Next >
45442 108 2019-8-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Once again I ask, tell me which camera app offers this feature on Android phones?  As far as I am aware, none.  And the compatibility list is very clear on the point.  So there should be no disappointment.
2019-12-1
Use props
AlanHd
First Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

fansfe82067d Posted at 12-1 12:27
Once again I ask, tell me which camera app offers this feature on Android phones?  As far as I am aware, none.  And the compatibility list is very clear on the point.  So there should be no disappointment.

Are you talking about 4K 60fps, filmic pro supports this on the S10 plus.
2019-12-1
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Here's some interesting reading illustrating that this is not a simple matter -

https://filmicpro.helpscoutdocs. ... compatibility-guide
2019-12-1
Use props
bugcrush3r
New

Canada

It would be nice if DJI was honest enough to tell us if they are at least working on the 4k60FPS issue and whether they are working on enabling the 3 cameras on the S10/S10+ in the future.  This is a deal breaker for me I needed sport mode to work with my wide angle lens  (((
2019-12-15
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I think the question is, are the phone makers working on API's to enable third parties like DJI to access these functions on their individual devices?
2019-12-15
Use props
jpxavier
New

United States

Zhiyun Smooth Q2 is the answer. Their app supports 4K on Android. Return the plasticky DJI Osmo. Smooth Q2 looks quite professional and replaceable battery..
2019-12-18
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

jpxavier Posted at 12-18 07:56
Zhiyun Smooth Q2 is the answer. Their app supports 4K on Android. Return the plasticky DJI Osmo. Smooth Q2 looks quite professional and replaceable battery..

Have you seen the app reviews?  Not exactly encouraging.  And people complaining about lack of 4K60 - I don't know whether it has it or not, but some people at least can't find it.
2019-12-18
Use props
djiuser_rS52wbdNZawm
lvl.1

Portugal

Comparing DJI osmo 3 with zhiyun smooth4 we saw that OSMO 3 is just a toy! That's why any adult who uses it can only be mentally retarded! So as i buy one  I have two options or I offer it to my 2 year old son or I pretend to be mentally retarded and I walk with him filming on the street ...
2019-12-21
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Curious these new posters pushing rival products here.  Hmmm.
2019-12-21
Use props
djiuser_xbWNIuMR0SPS
lvl.1

Yemen

I have s9 plus but i can't use 4k 60fps on mimo app
My question  
Can i use 4k 60fps and zoom by native camera on osmo mobile 3 ???? Please help i want 4k60fps and zooming by using osmo even by native camera
2019-12-23
Use props
djiuser_xbWNIuMR0SPS
lvl.1

Yemen

My question  
Can i use 4k 60fps and zoom by native camera on osmo mobile 3 ???? Please help i want 4k60fps and zooming by using osmo even by native camera
2019-12-23
Use props
djiuser_xbWNIuMR0SPS
lvl.1

Yemen

My question  
2019-12-23
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

You need to use the Mimo app to zoom using the control on the gimbal.
2019-12-23
Use props
djiuser_xbWNIuMR0SPS
lvl.1

Yemen

Can i use native Samsung camera app ?
2019-12-23
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

The gimbal will stabilise any phone which is not too large nor too heavy.  You can use any app you want, but if you want to use features of the Mimo app, that's the only way to go.  You have to decide on what' most important - the features of the native app (or other) or the features of the Mimo app.  There is no single app which offers every single desirable feature.
2019-12-24
Use props
djiuser_xbWNIuMR0SPS
lvl.1

Yemen

DJI Mindy Posted at 8-23 00:41
No, most of Android phones only support take photos/video in the native camera APP via the Osmo Mobile 3, Active Track is not available.

What about zoom
2019-12-24
Use props
AlanHd
First Officer
United Kingdom

For zoom you have to use the Mimo, but it’s much better to zoom post production anyway, the zoom is not good on android anyway, it’s not smooth but to be fair to DJI that seams to be an android issue as it’s the same with my smooth 4.
2019-12-25
Use props
cartoshca
lvl.2
Russia

fansfe82067d Posted at 12-21 04:00
Curious these new posters pushing rival products here.  Hmmm.

Curious how? It's really not that obvious that Mimo app does not have 4k60fps support on a phone that otherwise supports it with native/other third party apps. Obviously newcomers are going to flock to official forums for answers and get disgruntled after getting nothing substantial from DJI reps.

I got a question for Osmo mobile 3 users on android: have you tried moment camera app with Osmo mobile 3? I found it recently and I was hoping it supports 4k60fps on androids.
I'm really itching to switch from an iPhone and I'm willing to sacrifice activetrack if I can get 4k60fps with a moment app + OM3 combo on an android.
2019-12-25
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

To get 4k60fps on Android you need to use the native camera app.  End of story.  Unless a 3rd party app developer happens to have worked with the developers of your particular phone to incorporate that feature.    On my particular phone (Pocophone F1, well regarded for its camera quality) when you use the option in Moment to display the supported features, it offers Video 720p, 1080p or 4K all at 30fps.  The native camera app offers 30fps and 60fps at these qualities (except for 720p which is limited to 30fps).  This illustrates very well the point I keep making in this thread.
2019-12-26
Use props
AlanHd
First Officer
United Kingdom

cartoshca Posted at 12-25 23:27
Curious how? It's really not that obvious that Mimo app does not have 4k60fps support on a phone that otherwise supports it with native/other third party apps. Obviously newcomers are going to flock to official forums for answers and get disgruntled after getting nothing substantial from DJI reps.

I got a question for Osmo mobile 3 users on android: have you tried moment camera app with Osmo mobile 3? I found it recently and I was hoping it supports 4k60fps on androids.

I’ve just checked on my S10 plus, the moment camera only offers 4K 24 or 30 FPS, filmicpro does offer 4K 60fps though on my phone.
2019-12-26
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

AlanHd Posted at 12-26 02:16
I’ve just checked on my S10 plus, the moment camera only offers 4K 24 or 30 FPS, filmicpro does offer 4K 60fps though on my phone.

"S9, Note 9, and S10 series device variants containing the Exynos chipset currently support 60fps at some resolutions."  (That's a quote from Filmic taken from https://filmicpro.helpscoutdocs. ... evice-compatibility).

They have found a workaround that enables them to support 60fps on Exynos chipsets, but not on Snapdragon chipsets.  So, getting this to work requires the app developer to puzzle out the workaround, but it also requires the phone to have a particular chipset.  The whole Filmic article linked above really is required reading for anyone interested in particular frame rates or lens choices on their device.  It seems to be an absolute minefield.  Bottom line - if you want predictable camera features on a phone in any situation, Android is not the way to go.  And I say that as one who is not a iOS fan!
2019-12-26
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

cartoshca Posted at 12-25 23:27
Curious how? It's really not that obvious that Mimo app does not have 4k60fps support on a phone that otherwise supports it with native/other third party apps. Obviously newcomers are going to flock to official forums for answers and get disgruntled after getting nothing substantial from DJI reps.

I got a question for Osmo mobile 3 users on android: have you tried moment camera app with Osmo mobile 3? I found it recently and I was hoping it supports 4k60fps on androids.

The posts I refer to as "curious" both pushed Zhiyun  gimbals - one said nothing about the actual topic of this thread and the other claimed incorrectly that Zhiyun gimbals offer 4K60fps on Android.  I would have called those post something stronger than 'curious' but I am offering a tiny bit of benefit of doubt, as it's Christmas.
2019-12-26
Use props
korengger
lvl.1
Malaysia

I am just echoing the sentiments here....and yes, together with all the Android users, we need 60FPS (at least on 1080) on the Mimo app to do some cinematic slow-mo in post. Using the native camera app is the alternative but it takes away some key features that the OM3 offers (which many bought the gimbal in the first place), and becomes and two-handed operation - one to hold the gimbal, and the other to tap the phone screen record button. Being right-handed, I have to "cross" my hands for this...looks weird, feels weird...its plain weird.

DJI team...the OM3 is a great product and there is a large Android market out there. Pretty please?
2020-1-6
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm sure it can be done if we can just get hold of the SDK?
2020-1-6
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

You'd also need the necessary code from EACH phone manufacturer to hook into their particular way of doing 4K60.  How many are there?  What is the chance of them releasing their proprietary code?  If Filmic Pro can't do it except in a few specific cases, then DJI hasn't much of a hope.  

As for needing to use the on-screen record button with native apps instead of the gimbal button, that shouldn't be necessary if the native app has an option, or built in function, to accept volume key as shutter button.  I believe most do.  Sure that leaves a lot else not working, but as you (or someone) mentioned that particular one, that's the answer.

(The minute someone points out ANY phone gimbal that has 4K60 with all Anddroid phones, I'll shut up!)
2020-1-6
Use props
SandroAlex
lvl.1

United States

bcs DJI made full ... last time. 2 years ago I was happy to buy Samsung Note 8 and Osmo Mobile. I had 4K 30fps. But when I bought Samsung Note 9 with 60fps this full ... from Osmo doesn't  make video 60fps. Also its a full ..., bcs they make more features for Iphone. And Android cant make video with custom settings. Its is corruption - DJI make not unfair competition
2020-2-12
Use props
SandroAlex
lvl.1

United States

bcs DJI made full sht last time. 2 years ago I was happy to buy Samsung Note 8 and Osmo Mobile. I had 4K 30fps. But when I bought Samsung Note 9 with 60fps this full sht from Osmo doesn't  make video 60fps. Also its a full sht, bcs they make more features for Iphone. And Android cant make video with custom settings. Its is corruption - DJI make not unfair competition. Now I want to buy Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra with 8K. And I know that DJI will do NOTHING. DJI lives in 2017. They forgot that all other people live in 2020.
2020-2-12
Use props
Callatis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 511112 ft
Canada

I may have to use the camera app in order to film at 60fps. Before Osmo Mobile 3 I had a Freevision gimbal, same issue, it wasn't shooting 60fps.
2020-2-17
Use props
TomZ_Am
lvl.1

United States

Can the OM3 be used without the MIMO app?
2020-2-18
Use props
AlanHd
First Officer
United Kingdom

TomZ_Am Posted at 2-18 14:39
Can the OM3 be used without the MIMO app?

You can use whichever app you like, you’ll just not have any access to things like active track etc.
2020-2-18
Use props
Dj Christian Vanill
New

Greece

Hello guys Im Chris and i am from Greece i just take the osmo mobile 3. i have the samsung galaxy a80 and the mimo app dont have 4k in options... #osmo DJI please do something for this...I have a 600 euro Mobile phone and the result from the video is not good. Only the people with ios have the full camera options... #dji #osmo We dont deserve that.
2020-4-24
Use props
Nigelbrinkmann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

Dj Christian Vanill Posted at 4-24 13:30
Hello guys Im Chris and i am from Greece i just take the osmo mobile 3. i have the samsung galaxy a80 and the mimo app dont have 4k in options... #osmo DJI please do something for this...I have a 600 euro Mobile phone and the result from the video is not good. Only the people with ios have the full camera options... #dji #osmo We dont deserve that.

Hi, have a look here https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... ibility_List_en.pdf
This is the compatible device list, also take note of all the android platforms, as all these platforms make it hard to develop for each different android device, each manufacture using android has a slightly different operating system.
As for iOS they only have one platform and one operating system.
2020-4-30
Use props
djiuser_K0r9QPVD3vJS
New
United States

Just wondering im on the note 10+ I read that the mimo app had released an update to allow the switching of the front and back cameras while recording is this still possible I'm not able to do it, dosent even give me the common error of can't switch while recording.
2020-5-23
Use props
djiuser_bI9B295bd0nR
lvl.1
Kazakhstan

July 2020 and legends say that DJI engineers are still trying to give us 60fps on Android
2020-7-19
Use props
asylalim
lvl.1
Kazakhstan

July 2020 and legends say that DJI engineers are still trying to give us 60fps on Android
2020-7-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

asylalim Posted at 7-19 01:13
July 2020 and legends say that DJI engineers are still trying to give us 60fps on Android

DJI MIMO APP V1.3.0 has added 60fps to some Android phones.
Here is the list of phones which support 1080P 60fps: Huawei Mate 30、Mate 30 Pro、Mate 20 Pro、Mate 20 X、Mate 20、Mate 10、Mate 9、P40 Pro、P40、P30 Pro、P30、P20 Pro、P20、HONOR 30 pro、HONOR 30、HONOR V20、HONOR20.
HONOR 8X supports 720P 60fps.
2020-7-19
Use props
asylalim
lvl.1
Kazakhstan

DJI Mindy Posted at 7-19 03:46
DJI MIMO APP V1.3.0 has added 60fps to some Android phones.
Here is the list of phones which support 1080P 60fps: Huawei Mate 30、Mate 30 Pro、Mate 20 Pro、Mate 20 X、Mate 20、Mate 10、Mate 9、P40 Pro、P40、P30 Pro、P30、P20 Pro、P20、HONOR 30 pro、HONOR 30、HONOR V20、HONOR20.
HONOR 8X supports 720P 60fps.

And what about Xiaomi flagships as Mi 10,  Mi Note 10 etc?
2020-7-19
Use props
zbigzbig20
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Where is Samsung ? Hardware in Samsung phones is enough to record in 60fps
2020-7-19
Use props
chris1269
lvl.3
Germany

What about the Oppo Find X2 Pro in terms of 4K60 FPS and further support for the Mimo app?
2020-7-19
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

They will have had support from the relevant manufacturers to do this as 60fps is implemented in different non-standard ways on different Android phones.  Not all manufacturers  may have co-operated with them.
2020-7-20
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules