Alternative to DJI app since no 1080p recording avail. for my phone
816 2 2019-8-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Em Dblyou
lvl.1

United States

Hi guys,

I wanted to use my Osmo Mobile 2 again with my new Android phone (Moto G7 Play - came out maybe 3 months ago). I used to use my Osmo 2 with the DJI app with my iPhone 7 and the video would record in 1080p, plus I had the ability to change the video resolution. I am now using a Moto G7 Play, and I find that it only records video in 720p when using the DJI app. When I switch to my regular camera app that comes with my phone, I can record in 1080p, 1080p with 60fps, and also in 4K. I find that the DJI app has no settings as to where you can change the resolution of the video recording, yet it did when I had my 2 year old iPhone 7.

I emialed DJI and all they said is that at this point it only supports certain phones, and that they're constantly working on supporting and adding more phones so the DJI app will be compatible with them. I don't think their list even included new iPhone 10X or Samsung Galaxy S10, so at this rate it will be years before my phone will be supported.

My questions is, is there another app that I can use with Osmo that has the tracking option like in the DJI app? I know I can use the photo app that comes with my phone that will record in 1080p and higher, which still works with Osmo, but it doesn't have the tracking option which I find I use the most. Any other alternatives?

Thanks!

2019-8-20
Use props
Mavic57pro2
First Officer
Flight distance : 3772247 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Check Filmic Pro, it's not free, be sure it suits your needs before buying. They have an app that you can use for free and it checks what options are available for your phone.
2019-8-21
Use props
Em Dblyou
lvl.1

United States

Mavic57pro2 Posted at 8-21 12:27
Check Filmic Pro, it's not free, be sure it suits your needs before buying. They have an app that you can use for free and it checks what options are available for your phone.

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried their app to see what my phone can handle, but it doesn't say anything about active tracking. Do you know if Filmic Pro offers that option in their app? There is no way to try it for free first unfortunately.
2019-8-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules