A-B move without timelapse?
874 11 2019-8-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wisnaeme
lvl.1
Netherlands

Hi all,

Once thing I think is missing from the Osmo Mobile 3 and the software is the ability to do an A-B move when shooting normal video.
I'd really like/need this feature for much of what I do. The feature works in Timelapse mode but obviously isn't the shooting style needed.
There's no automatic way to do a, say, 10 second pan from A-B while recording someone walking across camera. Seems very limited.
Using the stick isn't really great as it creates lumpy movement. Hand panning and target follow can be done but again, not the smoothest option.

Some feature requests:
A-B movement in normal video mode.
In Any A-B move, in any mode, please allow more granular time settings. I might want the move to last 3 seconds or 30. Give the user the choice in second intervals.

2019-8-21
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

A similar request has been made (several times I think) in respect of the Osmo Pocket, which of course also uses the Mimo app.  If they can do it for the Pocket, then I guess they could do it for the Mobile 3.  A lot of people seem to want it, and on the face of it, it shouldn't be a big ask.
2019-8-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

+1 for that idea,  that would be a very useful feature.
2019-8-21
Use props
Joseph Buck
New

United States

I also would find this useful.
2019-8-21
Use props
marctronixx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 210118 ft
  • >>>
United States

Why not post your request in the unofficial thread so that its easy to keep these things trackable and easy to find in one spot: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=196114
2019-8-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Panning using manual can work out pretty smooth, check your settings and with a bit of practice you can pan without the “lumps”
2019-8-21
Use props
Wisnaeme
lvl.1
Netherlands

marctronixx Posted at 8-21 06:30
Why not post your request in the unofficial thread so that its easy to keep these things trackable and easy to find in one spot: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=196114

I think that's a post about a feature rather than a global "Feature" post.
2019-8-22
Use props
Wisnaeme
lvl.1
Netherlands

Another feature request I just remembered...

Having the ability to lock focus on the trigger would be good. One of my phones tracks and hunts a lot it can be annoying in use.
"Long touching" the screen to lock focus isn't exactly hard, but it's quite inconvenient. It'd be far better to be able to point until in focus followed by a tap(whatever) on the trigger to lock.
At the moment I feel the trigger in underused as a function.
2019-8-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Wisnaeme, those are very good suggestions, we will transfer to our engineers for attention in the future development, thank you so much for your feedback.
2019-8-22
Use props
marctronixx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 210118 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wisnaeme Posted at 8-22 00:44
I think that's a post about a feature rather than a global "Feature" post.

A wanted feature may be a wanted feature for others too.
2019-8-23
Use props
David Martin Graff
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would like to see this feature..
2019-8-23
Use props
kbm79
lvl.3
France

The same request was made for the OM2 over a year ago - a lot of users want to see this feature.

Last time i checked its still with the 'engineers for future development'
2019-8-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules