Unable to takeoff after Fly Safe self-unlock
9923 12 2019-8-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
flippedbits
lvl.1
United States

I just received my P4R and have been going through the process of setting it up but I am stuck on unlocking a Fly Safe geofence to be able to fly in a blue authorization zone. I went through the self unlock process here: https://www.dji.com/flysafe/self-unlock using my laptop and was able to sync the unlock certificate to the RC and the aircraft. I am still receiving an error: "Unable to takeoff.Filed to start due to due to no fly zone".

I am on the latest firmware - 02.01.0012 for the RC and 02.01.0009 for the aircraft - so I'm not sure what's holding me up

Banner

Banner
IMG_0229.jpg
2019-8-21
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Check if you have overlapping zones, there may be more than one.
2019-8-21
Use props
flippedbits
lvl.1
United States

I'm trying to fly in the red boxed area and I don't see any overlap. I have the Warning and Enhanced Warning zones turned off in the map.

I don't get any prompt on the RC for any of this, I'm doing this all through the website via my laptop and syncing it to the RC over wifi
2019-8-22
Use props
Mark Weiss
lvl.4
United States

Time to buy a non-DJI non-crippled product. There are too many farms that, although are no longer airports, are still designated as such, keeping rural folks unable to fly in their own back yards, too.
My next drone will be self-built. The DJI is a nice product, but until someone figures out how to uncripple  the firmware, it's a dead end.
2019-8-22
Use props
patiam
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1093865 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mark Weiss Posted at 8-22 06:35
Time to buy a non-DJI non-crippled product. There are too many farms that, although are no longer airports, are still designated as such, keeping rural folks unable to fly in their own back yards, too.
My next drone will be self-built. The DJI is a nice product, but until someone figures out how to uncripple  the firmware, it's a dead end.

Feeling more and more like this myself.
2019-8-23
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Appears to me you are trying to fly in a restricted zone.  Pls study the Geo map site to learn about the various dji Geo zones.  Good luck.
2019-8-23
Use props
djiuser_8lmFJ91UgSNR
lvl.2
Flight distance : 34865 ft
United States

Hey there,  
  if you are in fact in the blue authorization zone and have recieved your unlock certificate and successfully imported to aircraft which it looks like you have then here is the problem.

If you are using the plan mode to do photogrammetry and trying to upload from the remote and let the aircraft fly autonomously then there is a step that they dont tell you about. heres how to do it:
1. start fresh (power everything off and start by powering up your drtk2 base station, your remote controller, then your aircraft in that order)
2. make sure your rc is connected to wifi or wifi hotspot. ( i just turn my cell phone wifi hotspot on and connect to that)
3. Plan your flight in the planning mode of the dji app on the controller and save it.
4. exit out of the planning part of the app and then just go to "fly"
5. make sure you are connected to the rtk base station
6. go into the unlock certificate list, click on "app" then click "synchronize" then you should see your certificate.
7. Click on "import" and wait for it to say imported.
8. click on "aircraft" then click "synchronize: and then make sure the selector switch for your certificate is highlighted green and it is on.
9. heres the step they dont tell you. Make sure the flight mode switch is on "A" not F or P.
10. Now that everything is on and good to go you will still see the dialogue in red at the top that says failed to start due to no fly zone. Simply push both sticks down and together to start the aircraft. you should now get a series of dialogue boxes with multiple check boxes to select that state you are responsible for safe flight and yada yada yada. Now click on all the boxes that come up and once you have done that it will say unlock is successful and the red box will turn green and should say ready to take off RTK.
11. now that you are unlocked, click on the small document icon on the left part of the screen that opens your planned jobs and click on your planned job then go through the execution steps to start your flight.
12. Heres the crappy part.......... make sure you break your job into segments you can complete on one battery because if you pause and bring it in for a battery change you may have to go through the whole stupid process again and it wont save a break point for some reason. If you are flying in unrestricted airspace just make sure you pause the flight in between lines by pressing the toggling the flight mode switch to "P" and hitting return to home.

if you have any questions please let me know. you can send me an email direct at crawleyn@gmail.com

hope that helps!!
2019-8-25
Use props
CoastalCapt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 192343 ft
  • >>>

First time trying to fly in an authorization zone today and I went through the steps to unlock and had a code texted me. I could never get the P4RTK or RC to sync the authorization though. I dont see anywhere to enter the code either. Any help would be appreciated.
2019-9-17
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft

I like to use my desktop.  Enter the code via the dji page which will appear after you put in the serial number.  Then turn the system on while within wifi range and the AC will become authorized and stay authorized for three days.

https://www.dji.com/flysafe/self-unlock

2019-9-18
Use props
cstokes
lvl.1

I'm having this same issue, and when prompted to self unlock on location, I can check the boxes but when I press OK it just goes gray.
2019-9-18
Use props
flippedbits
lvl.1

I did get mine to work eventually. I ended up taking it outside of the authorization zone, flying, and then returning to the authorization zone, and was able to fly without issue after that.
2019-9-18
Use props
cstokes
lvl.1

I did end up resolving with DJI support help. They directed me to request a custom unlock for the area, with no supporting documentation required, and they approved very quickly.
2019-9-18
Use props
TheLensAloft
lvl.2
Flight distance : 34865 ft

CoastalCapt Posted at 9-17 19:24
First time trying to fly in an authorization zone today and I went through the steps to unlock and had a code texted me. I could never get the P4RTK or RC to sync the authorization though. I dont see anywhere to enter the code either. Any help would be appreciated.

make sure that the controller serial number you are providing to flysafe@dji.com is your FLIGHT controller serial number and not the remote controller serial number. you have to open up the about page on your remote control under the aircraft icon WITH THE AIRCRAFT POWERED ON to obtain the flight controller serial number. once you enter that on the fly safe self unlock page it will send it to your controller the next time you turn it on and connect to wifi. if you have any other issues you can email me at lensaloftaerial@gmail.com
2019-9-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules