Samsung galaxy tab A6 10.1
1964 9 2019-8-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mark-oo
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hi, I've got my first drone a couple of weeks ago and apart from the basic take off, left, right, forwards, backwards and landing i have not ventured out yet. I've been very good and resisted the temptation just to unpack it and fly. I've taken the advice of a few on here and reading the manual so at least i should have fair idea of what to do though i guess most of the learning will start once i start to fly.
The only issue i have at the moment is the use of my smart phone on the controller. I dont really want to rely on this and for me i think i would prefer a larger screen. i have seen a list of tried a tested tablets but is anyone using the Samsung Galaxy tab A6 10.1. I know I'll have to get a table holder for the controller but if anyone is using this tablet i'll be gratefull for some feedback. Also any other advice about other tablets greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance
2019-8-21
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for bringing this query for us. Can you please provide us the specific error message that you currently experiencing in the app? Also, we highly suggest using a recommended mobile device for you to avoid any issue and problems. You may refer to the image below. In addition, hope that you could get the best recommendation from our valued DJI members here in Forum. Thank you for your understanding and welcome again to the DJI Forum. Cheers!
2019-8-22
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

If you are going for a tablet from my experience go straight for an iPad mini 4. I tried a host of tablets including samsungs and had nothing but trouble. I bit the bullet and got an iPad mini for each drone type and not looked back. Fly with confidence happy flying. It's not cheap, but when you've invested thousands in drones, why risk them.

2019-8-22
Use props
Mark-oo
lvl.2

United Kingdom

M2Wair Posted at 8-22 12:22
If you are going for a tablet from my experience go straight for an iPad mini 4. I tried a host of tablets including samsungs and had nothing but trouble. I bit the bullet and got an iPad mini for each drone type and not looked back. Fly with confidence happy flying. It's not cheap, but when you've invested thousands in drones, why risk them.

Thanks M2Wair, i've been going through a whole list of phones and tablets. I just have an issue with using my everyday phone to fly the M2P. I would much prefer a dedicated device and also my phones screen is (i feel) a bit to small.  So basically i'm trying to get the best value i can and trying to avoid the £300+ for  samsung tab s4 or the ipad mini but as you say i might as well get the best out of my drone.
2019-8-22
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

Mark-oo Posted at 8-22 12:47
Thanks M2Wair, i've been going through a whole list of phones and tablets. I just have an issue with using my everyday phone to fly the M2P. I would much prefer a dedicated device and also my phones screen is (i feel) a bit to small.  So basically i'm trying to get the best value i can and trying to avoid the £300+ for  samsung tab s4 or the ipad mini but as you say i might as well get the best out of my drone.

Trust me, I went through a wide variety of different cheaper tablets that didnt perform great before biting the bullet and buying an ipad mini 4 that has proven to be an exceptional flying tool. Sure they are expensive, but not as expensive as the money i wasted on android tablets that didnt work.

I hope you find a solution suited to your budget, good luck and welcome to the forum.
2019-8-22
Use props
Lucifer1Zork
lvl.3
Flight distance : 399629 ft
France

Hello, j'm using Galaxy Tab A  2019, 10.1, since two weeks, with Mavic 2 Pro.
No problem, no lag .
Sorry for my bad English !!
2019-8-23
Use props
HH1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

I had the Tab A, and except for the fact that it would take electricity from the Aircraft Controller to charge itself, it was nice.  However, I didn't want the Aircraft Controller going down in charge, so I took the Tab A back.  Used my Samsung Galaxy J7 phone instead, it was much smaller picture, but worked great.  Then I went to the Mini-4, and the picture is nice, the price is bigger than I had in mind, and it will only receive Wi-Fi and Cellular Data, no text messages or voice.  I don't know how so many others get along with it as their main device.  Hope this helps.
2019-8-23
Use props
Mark-oo
lvl.2

United Kingdom

HH1 Posted at 8-23 14:44
I had the Tab A, and except for the fact that it would take electricity from the Aircraft Controller to charge itself, it was nice.  However, I didn't want the Aircraft Controller going down in charge, so I took the Tab A back.  Used my Samsung Galaxy J7 phone instead, it was much smaller picture, but worked great.  Then I went to the Mini-4, and the picture is nice, the price is bigger than I had in mind, and it will only receive Wi-Fi and Cellular Data, no text messages or voice.  I don't know how so many others get along with it as their main device.  Hope this helps.

Yep it helps. I'm not to bothered about text and voice, I'm trying to get away from using my phone for the m2p so I'd have that in my pocket and just a dedicated device to fly with. Does the mini 4 fit in the controller or do you have to get a holder?
2019-8-24
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

Mark-oo Posted at 8-24 07:19
Yep it helps. I'm not to bothered about text and voice, I'm trying to get away from using my phone for the m2p so I'd have that in my pocket and just a dedicated device to fly with. Does the mini 4 fit in the controller or do you have to get a holder?

Mini 4 will fit the holder, but i got mavmounts and hoodman sunshades, again a cost but worth the added investment. Fly in the brightest sun no issues. Fantastic combination.  
lucas-1-of-1.jpg
2019-8-24
Use props
HH1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

Mark-oo Posted at 8-24 07:19

You need the holder, be sure to measure the width of the tablet and get the right holder.  Also there are some connectors that have a 90 degree bend in them and have USB as well as the tab connector on them, I forgot where I got mine but, they work well.  I hope your tab does not discharge your flight controller.
2019-8-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules