Processor chips critically overheated. The aircraft will turn off...
855 1 2019-8-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
José RAKOTOBE
lvl.1
Madagascar

Hi Everyone,

I've seen many threads about that error, but non seems look like the mine. So, I please you to understand me for posting it again.

I'm from Madagascar Island, and it's not easy to send something form here to China. Because to send it there, we have to pay custom and pay again once it go back. And it's really expensive to send something.

So I really appreciate any help to fix the issue.

A. The drone is a Phantom 4. Model: 330A. (Maybe Phantom 4 Professionnal). But not really sure. It belong to a familly.

B. It never has crash.

C. Following the issue:
1- Once started, it asks for firmware update.
2- The process updtate alway fail and gives error 0x0208403.
3- Reset to factory default works.
4- The app message error is always: ' Processor chips critically overheated. The aircraft will turn off in 30 seconds '
5- And app always shows ' No SD Card '. Even changed with some good SD Cards.
6- I removed the SD card from the aircraf. And verified on computer. And I noticed a txt file ' P4_FW_RESULT_AB.txt ' with the content '  [00145746]Delete history success. '
7- I opened the bottom pack parts to see if fan works. The fan seems working perfectly.
8- Tried the update by app or by computer, always the same. On the app, it stops at 99% before telling something like timeout. And asks to unplug and plug the cable again. But changes nothing.

Now, I want to have the better answer before the last one: ' SEND THE DRONE TO DJI IN CHINA '.

Thank you.

2019-8-22
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha José,

Many of us on the Forum can understand what you are going through.  But first we need to know what you are flying.  I checked your numbers with my P4 original and that appears to be what you are working with.  Now that we have identified your P4, we will be able to help you download and use DJI Assistant 2.  This computer software is very important for solving your problems.  Below is the link to the "Downloads" web page for the P4 original.

https://www.dji.com/phantom-4/info#downloads

This page has a lot of really good information and the downloads will help you get the firmware up-to-date.  On the right side of the page is the "software" column where the Assistant 2 download is.  Be sure to download the proper Assistant 2 for your computer.  There are Windows and Apple versions of Assistant 2.  (When I first started, I screwed up on getting the software version right for what I needed!)

You will want to download the .pdf manual for the P4.  Most of us have read our manuals many times.  There is a lot of good information in the manuals but the manuals also help you ask good questions.

Be sure your tablet is fairly recent and has multi processors both for the CPU and graphics (video).  A lot of RAM is also very helpful.

There is also a very good web page    Phantomhelp.com   that has a lot of old stuff and new stuff.  That web site is very helpful but you have to find the right Phantom page to look at.  It has firmware and software to.

Look through the .pdf documents and download what you need and give it a try.  Then let us know how it is going for you.  

Aloha and Drone On!
2019-8-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules