Getting choppy video on Micro Card
991 12 2019-8-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RealtorGuy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3747 ft
United States

I have changed my micro card to a Sandisk Extreme plus 64 U3 card in the drone and still getting lines or choppy flight recordings on both my tablet and through the micro card on the phantom 4 (not pro or adv).  I am using an old 2015 model samsung tab a, which has under 2 ram but not sure why the actual card in the phantom is still choppy during flight. Correction not getting lines on the micro card just the tablet.
  I am thinking about upgrading to getting the Samung Tab S5e but dont like the large screen size.  I tried different recording shutter speeds and still choppy.  I had no recording problems in 2016 and did not use the drone much in 2017 and 2018 so cant tell if it has been the firmware. I have updated the dji go 4 app and drone to latest firmware.
Any thoughts?

2019-8-22
Use props
David Martin Graff
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

My SanDisk Ultra Micro SD card the Mavic 2 Zoom says the card speed is not fast enough however it writes and displays on my 4K SmartTV just fine, so try and make some adjustments..
2019-8-22
Use props
RealtorGuy
lvl.1
United States

I did a reformat of the card and changed the manual settings to video at 1920 1080 at 30 mfs and it is a lot smoother.  However, on my display I am still getting lines and green bars.  so I am glad to see it is not the drone camera.

I did a factory reset on my tablet and closed out all the apps running in background with no avail to fix.  Could it be interference with the house wifi? I noticed when I am panning down it gets worse.  
2019-8-22
Use props
RealtorGuy
lvl.1
United States

RealtorGuy Posted at 8-22 09:29
I did a reformat of the card and changed the manual settings to video at 1920 1080 at 30 mfs and it is a lot smoother.  However, on my display I am still getting lines and green bars.  so I am glad to see it is not the drone camera.

I did a factory reset on my tablet and closed out all the apps running in background with no avail to fix.  Could it be interference with the house wifi? I noticed when I am panning down it gets worse.

I looked online and got my Samsung s9 phone hooked up.  Had to turn on the USB tethering to stop the phone from  charging from controller.  No lines or green.  Also turned transmission speed from 10 mbs to 4 mbs.    So unless using my phone.  I need a better tablet period.
2019-8-22
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

RealtorGuy Posted at 8-22 10:52
I looked online and got my Samsung s9 phone hooked up.  Had to turn on the USB tethering to stop the phone from  charging from controller.  No lines or green.  Also turned transmission speed from 10 mbs to 4 mbs.    So unless using my phone.  I need a better tablet period.

This depends upon where the file you are viewing comes from. The cached copy on your phone/tablet is a low quality copy of the video feed that is intended to be used for assessing the framing, exposure and such, it is NOT a quality feed. The REAL file is on the SD card in the aircraft, so that is what you should be viewing.

Lowering the resolution or the link bitrate is simply running away from the problem, if you cannot play back the SD card copy on your phone/tablet, which is quite likely, take out the card, copy it to a decent computer and play it back there.

Note I said copy the file to the computer, do not try to play it back directly from the SD card. And use a good video player on the computer, like VLCPlayer, it is free and excellent.
2019-8-22
Use props
djiuser_zJ3Y99mKQlx5
New

United States

How to post a new thread?
2019-8-22
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

David Martin Graff Posted at 8-22 07:34
My SanDisk Ultra Micro SD card the Mavic 2 Zoom says the card speed is not fast enough however it writes and displays on my 4K SmartTV just fine, so try and make some adjustments..

The Sandisk Ultra series cards are too slow for anything faster than 720p on any of the DJI aircraft. It does not matter how the card performs on your Smart TV, because the Smart TV is not making any demands on speed, but a 4K camera is.
2019-8-22
Use props
David Martin Graff
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Geebax Posted at 8-22 22:27
The Sandisk Ultra series cards are too slow for anything faster than 720p on any of the DJI aircraft. It does not matter how the card performs on your Smart TV, because the Smart TV is not making any demands on speed, but a 4K camera is.

So you're saying SanDisk Extreme are the only lines on SanDisk brand for shooting 4K? What other cards do you recommend?
2019-8-23
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

David Martin Graff Posted at 8-23 08:31
So you're saying SanDisk Extreme are the only lines on SanDisk brand for shooting 4K? What other cards do you recommend?

I don't recommend any others. I have been using Sandisk Pro Extreme cards on my cinema camera, which is far more critical seeing it records in RAW, for years, and I will not change to any other brand.
2019-8-23
Use props
David Martin Graff
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Geebax Posted at 8-23 15:46
I don't recommend any others. I have been using Sandisk Pro Extreme cards on my cinema camera, which is far more critical seeing it records in RAW, for years, and I will not change to any other brand.

Yeah, I'm gonna need to purchase some then I guess, seems like SanDisk has become the standard, but I'm more of a fan of Samsung...
2019-8-23
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

David Martin Graff Posted at 8-23 16:17
Yeah, I'm gonna need to purchase some then I guess, seems like SanDisk has become the standard, but I'm more of a fan of Samsung...

I use Samsung in many other purchases, but only Sandisk for memory cards. All my SSDs are Samsung Pro series, and I have about 14 of them.
2019-8-23
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

GeeBax is my Hero!

SanDisk Extrm PRO........not PLUS

I just recently got a Samsung T5 SSD   1 Terabyte and a 500Gig     179 and 89 respectively.  They use USB-C connector.......here's how they perform:
I copied 512gigs of all my pics and video for the last 7 years,  the last 3 years being more and more.......it took,  wait for it......( how long for a standard USB? )

1 hour and 5 min and it was done!!   Not much bigger than my business card and 3/8" thick.....My computer is higher end AlienWare 2017 model 17" Laptop I7   256gig SSD +  1 Terabyte 7200rpm drive

T5 highly recommended

Randy
2019-8-23
Use props
David Martin Graff
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Geebax Posted at 8-23 17:13
I use Samsung in many other purchases, but only Sandisk for memory cards. All my SSDs are Samsung Pro series, and I have about 14 of them.

Yeah, I use Samsung for my SSD PCIe3's and have several Micro SD 128GB EVOs that are waterproof and dustproof and do the job really well (right at 95mbp)..
2019-8-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules