Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ManOfSand
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1736883 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

(please note: story may be exaggerated)

So this happened a couple of months ago, but i still remember it clear as day. I was staying at this resort, but the special thing about it is that it was in a wooded area, and the room you rented out was a log cabin. It was pretty looking, so I brought my drone in advance. One morning, around 9 am, I decided to go to the herb garden located around the front to take a video. I was already a little tense, as I planned to fly through a metal gate, and i knew there was a chance of magnetic interference. I did so anyway, (spoiler alert: this wasnt the cause of the near demise of my spark) and I got a pretty nice video. I flew through two gate like structures, and above a lake. I wish i had kept recording to document what happened, but i just finished the video there. I began to fly back to myself, but the drone started to stall. Then, it happened; quite literally my worst nightmare when flying a drone come true, and the most horrifying experience I ever had flying the spark. The downward sensors failed, and the drone started to descend into the water. I had heard horror stories about this happening, but I never thought it would happen to me. I literally yelled "No no no, this cant be happening, this CANT be happening!" By some miracle, when it hit the surface of the water, the motors stalled and it decided to fly back up. I flew it back and landed it on my palm, and as soon as i did so, I removed the battery and started shaking the drone vigurously to remove the moisture. My stomach was churning with anxiety and fear that my drone would be no more. I kept doing this for about 20 minutes, and I returned to the cabin to use the hairdryer and continued to dry it for about an hour. Thats the end of this horror story, now as to why i put this in the hardware issue category and not discussion. Maybe I just never noticed, but the downward sensors seem to be slightly malfunctioning ever since. Ive taken off twice after the incident and the drone slightly bobs up and down, and is unflyable. Another time, i was flying about a hundred feet in the air, and the drone started rapidly descending for a second, and it said on my screen that it was -38 feet! Is there any hotfixes or solutions to this problem? thanks.

2019-8-22
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft
India

You are very good in writing short adventure style stories.
It looks like you need to move  the SPARK to  the nearest DJI clinic for an introspection.
2019-8-22
Use props
MartyTravels
lvl.4
Flight distance : 394173 ft
Germany

The exact same thing happened to me....I even have it on video :-)
2019-8-25
Use props
Tentoes
First Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

Yea, I think you need to have an expert look at it.

You can also go to phantompilots.com and upload the flight record. Post the link here. Some of the really smart guys that read this forum, (not me) can tell you lots about what happened.
2019-8-25
Use props
ManOfSand
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1736883 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tentoes Posted at 8-25 10:28
Yea, I think you need to have an expert look at it.

You can also go to phantompilots.com and upload the flight record. Post the link here. Some of the really smart guys that read this forum, (not me) can tell you lots about what happened.

I will do so, although I didnt really fly that far, and from what I could tell the GPS and other sensors were perfectly fine.
2019-8-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules