DJi Spark over Scotland
916 11 2019-8-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GreenMan8112
lvl.2
Flight distance : 15292 ft
Canada

I think it goes without saying, but the scenery in Scotland is gorgeous and perfect for drone footage.  Many of the castles have strict drone rules while they're open to the public, but some of the more derelict ones (less touristy) are fair game.  Most of the castles close by 5 or 6pm, and although you aren't allowed in the grounds you can still fly a drone around the properties after closing hours.  Other than that your biggest contenders are rain and high winds.  

2019-8-22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Stunning footage! Great work. Thanks for sharing.
2019-8-22
Use props
nilanjan118
Second Officer
Flight distance : 636663 ft
Japan

Very nicely filmed. The landscapes were breathtaking. You have one new subscriber today. Cheers!!
2019-8-22
Use props
Arnie R
Second Officer
Flight distance : 80958 ft
United States

Looks like a professional travel documentary!
2019-8-22
Use props
David Martin Graff
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nicely done - thanks again for sharing!
2019-8-22
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Lovely footage
2019-8-24
Use props
Tentoes
First Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

Enchanting.

EEK You're going to run into those motorcycles driving on the wrong side of the road that way!
2019-8-24
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Wow, amazing video. Wonderful place
2019-8-24
Use props
CasualDronePilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 146135 ft
Sweden

Stunning footage indeed! Some great eyecandy in that video. I recognized of few places in the video from my trip to Scotland some 20 years ago. Thanks for sharing!
2019-8-24
Use props
djcamera
lvl.3
United States

Great video!  Especially the foggy scenes.  Just great.  Purposefully left mine home when I went to Scotland last year, fearing a hassle bringing it in to the country.  No issue or questions about it when you entered the UK?
2019-8-25
Use props
AlexQB
lvl.3
Flight distance : 352162 ft
Spain

Beautiful video!
2019-8-25
Use props
GreenMan8112
lvl.2
Flight distance : 15292 ft
Canada

djcamera Posted at 8-25 13:54
Great video!  Especially the foggy scenes.  Just great.  Purposefully left mine home when I went to Scotland last year, fearing a hassle bringing it in to the country.  No issue or questions about it when you entered the UK?

No problem at all getting through customs in Scotland or Ireland!  Best rule of thumb is to just ask someone if you're not sure about drone policies.  Most places will have signs posted if there are restrictions.

Wondering if anyone has any tips on getting good orbital shots of static objects, i.e. the Old Man of Stor in this video.  I've been trying to practice getting a steady yaw speed but I wonder if there's a trick to have the Spark focus on a static object while orbiting, kinda like the active track mode but still controlling the drone with the remote.  

Thanks for all the kinds words!
2019-8-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules