Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Is The Action Using A Lower Quality USB-C?
2586 11 2019-8-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
stanzhang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1792188 ft
France

Hello, sorry for bothering people on this topic, but I would be glad if I have some feedback. For some reason, all my usc ports are USB 3.0 Ports, won't work with 2.0, don't ask too much on this lol.
When I connect my mavic air to my PC, the PC detects the drone, it works flawlessly, and there is now issue transfering data from one side to another. But when I am using my Osmo pocket, the PC just won't detect the device? Even after pressing "connect" on the screen, my PC wouldn't recognise the Osmo, so I am wondering now, do DJI put higher grade components in their drones, but uses "cheaper" stuff for these cameras?

2019-8-23
Use props
BobWinNV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

A lot of the DJI Osmo USB C connectors are not full USB C compatible but just power connections.  Look at the  USB A to USB C cable that Osmo supplies with the OP and OA.  It has a USB A 2.0 wired connector on one end.  Just four connections two for data link and two for power.  No smarts for USB C handshaking .
2019-8-23
Use props
stanzhang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1792188 ft
France

BobWinNV Posted at 8-23 12:53
A lot of the DJI Osmo USB C connectors are not full USB C compatible but just power connections.  Look at the  USB A to USB C cable that Osmo supplies with the OP and OA.  It has a USB A 2.0 wired connector on one end.  Just four connections two for data link and two for power.  No smarts for USB C handshaking .

Thanks! I guess they do give better components on their drones then :/. Then I need to put my SD card in my drone every time I want to transfer something fast now
2019-8-23
Use props
peiter
lvl.4
Denmark

Get a good card reader, i use a USB 3.0 one and get full speed of my fast memory cards.
I dont think there are any action or dash camera that make up for a good mass storage devise, i have often seen speeds under 20 MB/s, and thats no good when you have a whole day of recordings and a memory card with a 90 MB/s read speed.
2019-8-23
Use props
JoelMac
lvl.1
Canada

If I bought a USB 3 cable to replace the one that came with my Osmo Action, would I be able to get USB 3 speeds then?
2020-1-1
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

I am sure the port   can be ultilized for 3.0 and vica verca.
2020-1-1
Use props
Robert2345
lvl.2
Pakistan

i want to know same
2020-1-1
Use props
JoelMac
lvl.1
Canada

Fishycomics Posted at 1-1 07:13
I am sure the port   can be ultilized for 3.0 and vica verca.

Thanks for the reply, but I'd like to know for sure if it works before I buy a USB 3 cable.  I would think it would work too, but then why would they only include a USB 2 cable.  This leads me to believe that maybe it won't work.

Has anyone tried a USB 3 cable on the Osmo Action and got transfer speeds higher than 40 MB per second?
2020-1-4
Use props
Interceptor_Alpha
lvl.1
United States

peiter Posted at 2019-8-23 13:28
Get a good card reader, i use a USB 3.0 one and get full speed of my fast memory cards.
I dont think there are any action or dash camera that make up for a good mass storage devise, i have often seen speeds under 20 MB/s, and thats no good when you have a whole day of recordings and a memory card with a 90 MB/s read speed.

At this point in time a card reader should not be needed. You should be able to transfer to phone via Bluetooth without wifi just as well as you should be able to transfer from decide to PC at USB 3.0 speeds. Card readers are about as useful as disc drives nowadays and you'd be hard pressed to find anybody wasting time with them. Instead they'll simply move to the product that allows the the convenience they want. Not the other way around.
2020-1-12
Use props
peiter
lvl.4
Denmark

Well many would probably go that route, but i honestly i feel like i die a little every time i touch my phone, so i try to do that less than 5 min daily, passing 15 minutes and i am on the verge of throwing the damn thing at a wall.
Also in my card reader i get the full read speed of my memory card, you don't get that with the wifi or devise in massstorage mode in any camera i know off.

I haven't even tried to DL to my phone, cuz i know i will be infuriated, and though my phone pack a snapdragon 855, then i do my editing on my 12/24 core PC with 64GB RAM and uploading from my gigabit cable connection.
2020-1-12
Use props
Interceptor_Alpha
lvl.1
United States

peiter Posted at 1-12 07:50
Well many would probably go that route, but i honestly i feel like i die a little every time i touch my phone, so i try to do that less than 5 min daily, passing 15 minutes and i am on the verge of throwing the damn thing at a wall.
Also in my card reader i get the full read speed of my memory card, you don't get that with the wifi or devise in massstorage mode in any camera i know off.

Seems like a weak PC for video editing. I'd be frustrated if I was editing on something that bad.
2020-1-22
Use props
ricepowernz
New

New Zealand

JoelMac Posted at 2020-1-1 06:48
If I bought a USB 3 cable to replace the one that came with my Osmo Action, would I be able to get USB 3 speeds then?

I can confirm that a USB-C (3.0) cable still got 2.0 speed (about 27.5MB/s). I guess the port on camera is 2.0 for faster charging. My sd card is good, its speed is fast up to 85MB/s with 3.0 card reader being used.
2022-5-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules