Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 3 Range + Battery Life
2946 5 2019-8-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TestPilotMovies
lvl.1

United States

I recently bought a Phantom 3 Standard, it had just shy of 3 hours flight time on it, and she is in absolutely in fine condition, almost flawless. The previous owner installed a "Give Me 5" brand range extender kit. I was wondering if anyone has any familiarity with these range extenders and what your thoughts on them are? It splits the original antenna into 2 2.4 ghz video antennas and 1 5ghz controller antenna. I still only fly line of sight but what could I comfortably take my drone out too. (Keeping battery life in mind)

Additionally, I am only getting around 17 minutes of battery life prior to landing at about 30-25 percent remaining. (I'm a tad over cautious because I have always dreamed of owning one of these and am now just able to afford this one, but I can't afford to replace it" Was the 23-25 minute battery life advertised the battery life to 0%? Or do I just possibly have a old battery? This thing has been sitting for around 2 years and was only flown a handful of times by a professional.

Thank you in advance! I am honored to be apart of this community!

Dugen George Pippenger
2019-8-23
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Captain
Flight distance : 3428747 ft
Spain

2019-8-23
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Captain
Spain

Was the 23-25 minute battery life advertised the battery life to 0%? .. yes
2019-8-23
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Captain
Spain

About Range extenders :

2019-8-23
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Captain
Spain

TestPilotMovies welcome to the forum !!

2019-8-23
Use props
solentlife
Captain
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Czechia

Give me 5 I believe is Argtek ?

Anyway - regardless ...

It splits the original antenna into 2 2.4 ghz video antennas and 1 5ghz controller antenna.

Yes. Instead of the DJi system of two 2.4 antenna inside case and the 5.8 antenna external centre top.

I am only getting around 17 minutes of battery life prior to landing at about 30-25 percent remaining

That's good ... and I would not advise flying longer unless forced to. The DJI stated flight max is a daft figure and anyone going for it is risking losing their pride and joy. Especially if cold weather !!
Landing at 30 - 35% is actually a very good figure to land at ... it means that once battery is rested - it will bounce back a few points on voltage and be perfect for storage without any need for charger.
2019-8-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules