Horizontal offset function?
1544 14 2019-8-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wisnaeme
lvl.1
Netherlands

Hi,

I'm loving the new Osmo Mobile 3 but I think it's offset by a few degrees on rotation. The camera always seems to be left side down a little.
I've checked this with three phones, all balanced properly.
A feature to offset the calibration would be useful as I think the only way to fix this right now is to return the item for exchange. Even then, how can I be sure of it being any better?

As a side note:
I've programmed IMU's before and always added an offset feature as it's next to impossible to ensure a perfect position in manufacturing.
Just because the IMU is level there's no guarantee the housing is.

Robert

2019-8-24
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

The manual says something about centre accuracy to 3 degrees (off the top of my head) and to correct with the joystick as required.
2019-8-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Robert. Thank you for these information you have shared and for reaching out. I will forward these thread to our DJI designated department for further development of DJI and for the DJI Osmo Mobile 3. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests and information will be implemented. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news in our DJI official website at www.dji.com or by checking the Release Notes specific for your product. Thank you for your valued support.
2019-8-24
Use props
djiuser_k7wI51aSDRGq
lvl.1
Flight distance : 53894 ft
United States

Hey, I'm having the same issue. It also drops to the left a little. Osmo Mobile 2 had the manual calibration option for fixing this. It seems like a gross oversight to miss here.
2019-8-25
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I've now seen the point of the original post, when I used the Mobile 3 with a camera app which measures how horizontal the phone is - and indeed it's a couple of degrees skewed from horizontal, so everything is not quite straight relative to the horizon.  And indeed, there is no way to fix that using the gimbal or the app.
2019-8-26
Use props
capy01
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8635 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just received Osmo 3 Mobile and the same here. The gimbal is tilted left with no way to correct. Perfectly balanced and did numerous calibrations. I own all off DJI's products and every one has an adjustment to adjust the center position. How could you leave this out? Is there a way to reset to factory default. May just cure the issue otherwise has to go back but big hassle for sure.
2019-8-27
Use props
fans15ed0593
lvl.1
United States

I also have a horizon issue with my Osmo 3.  Why is there no manual correction in the settings?  I'm coming from the original Osmo Mobile which of course does.
2019-9-1
Use props
0sevinfj
lvl.1

Any update on this?  I'm looking to return my Osmo 3.  It's useless when the video isn't level
2019-9-14
Use props
daveande
lvl.2

Sounds like another failed product with horizon issues as in the case of the first osmo that I own, Ronin S, Ronin M, P3P etc  that DJI has put out and they will never fix them.Good luck on getting another response from DJI.
2019-9-14
Use props
Nightfallen.
lvl.2

Same here, I thought it was just me, so I didn't post about it.
2019-9-14
Use props
StubbornSwiss
lvl.4
Flight distance : 480771 ft

Greetings!

I actually logged into these forums exactly because of this problem.

Got my Osmo 3 a few days ago, and would really like to hear something back before my return window closes.

Thank you.
2019-9-22
Use props
fans5201888e
lvl.4
Flight distance : 168369 ft
Canada

Same here, couple degrees left tilt, manual adjustment would be great.
2019-12-3
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

It not only would be great, it would enable those of us whose gimbals have this problem to actually use them.  I can't believe nothing seems to be being done about this widespread defect.
2019-12-5
Use props
mazo78
lvl.4
Pakistan

Hey, I'm having the same issue
2019-12-5
Use props
chemicalbacon
lvl.2
United States

I am also having the same issue -- about 4.5 degrees to the left. I am past my return window, unfortunately. If this doesn't get addressed, this will seriously cause me to reconsider purchasing any more DJI products in the future. I have a huge community of amateur cinematographer friends who would be very interested in hearing my experiences with these products.
2019-12-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules