Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
kittyhawk and LAANC
1925 1 2019-8-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ed Cavallero
lvl.4
United States

This is on the Kittyhasw website. I would like to know from DJI if this is true. When will the GO4 app support LAANC.

DJI, the world’s largest maker of personal and professional drones, recommends that its recreational customers use the Kittyhawk app for LAANC authorizations. “Opening the LAANC system to recreational drone pilots is an important step in the FAA’s efforts to safely integrate drones into American skies by providing innovative solutions to regulatory requirements,” said Brendan Schulman, DJI Vice President of Policy & Legal Affairs. “Kittyhawk is the app I personally use when I want to check the airspace. DJI is glad to be able to recommend Kittyhawk’s easy-to-use tools to fly in compliance with the new requirements for recreational flights in controlled airspace.”
2019-8-24
Use props
Dietmar Neidhardt
lvl.1
Flight distance : 80610 ft
United States

Message to Brendan Schulman, DJI Vice President of Policy & Legal Affairs.   It is about time that DJI goes further. It is ridiculous to get LAANC / FAA approval for your flight via KittyHawk, and then having to go to DJI's Unlocking/Self-Unlocking website to be able to fly in that very restricted zone, for which you have already FAA clearance. And all that while being connected to KittyHawk, via the DJI Status "Running", syncing flight. Is the FAA clearance not good enough for DJI? In todays world it should be a straight link, accepting the FAA approval via KettyHawk, and automatically clearing the drone for take off. In my opinion it is even safer as KH keeps a flight record of all data.
2019-8-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules