Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Remote Control Inspire 1 - GL658B is recognized as GL300 RC
3711 9 2019-8-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansc4294f8a
lvl.3
Flight distance : 800876 ft
Austria

Hello guys,

hope someone can help me out of my frustrating situation.
just bought a dji inspire 1 remote controller, second hand - never used, so it was told ;D the stickers was still on it and also nothing used.

what the seller recognized, the battery first was empty. he then plug in the battery and then it startet to charge.

It was my bad, after that I didn't checked if I can get a connection via USB Cable with my Cellphone. Cause there was no conneciton.
Read a lot of informations here in the forum about bad usb pcb boards and so on.

yesterday I was thinking, I already lost my money when I bought it. So i opened the RC up and tried to fix bad soldering points. they looked good to me but i gave them a fresh up.
on the situation of the connection problems, nothing changed.

today then, I thought - ok - lets try to change out the HDMI board which is in the white plastic housing. Used it from my good one - and was hoping that it will not destroyed when put it into the bad RC. After the change of the HDMI board, the first time I got a connecition.
First I was in camera mode for inspire one - there on the RC information page: unknown version

Then I got into the main menu of the dji go app, where you can choose your drone model, there it auto selected Phantom 3 Professional. I began wondering. Tried also on the main paige of the app pressing the three bars symbol on the right for a few seconds, then the information appears:
product: GL300 RC
version: unknown
"bezug der firmware version fehlgeschlagen" should mean in english  "unable to get firmware version"

Can anyone of you give me a hint what I could do, to get the RC recognized as Inspire 1 RC again?

Already tried:
gs_ofdm.bin -> but didn't changed anything
c1_fW_V01.05.0080 -> on usb stick ---> but no changes and it didnt start a update process
reset the controller -> using the 4 button combination -> no changes

I would appreciate any help. Will buy a new HDMI USB PCB Board (Part 54) I get this problem solved, otherwise my wish of a slave RC is history.

regards
Stefan
2019-8-24
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

are you using iOS or android?  try a different device and see if that could be the problem.

Have you tried to link this remote to the drone using the manual method? I am wondering if the remote has been flashed with the incorrect FW version?

Rich
2019-8-24
Use props
fansc4294f8a
lvl.3
Austria

Hi Rich,

thanks for your answer.
I was trying two IOS Devices, IPHONE 8 and IPAD AIR 2 - lot of cables and so on.

Because of my error where I couldn't get a connection to any device I tried a lot of things. So also gs_ofdm.bin and that could be the only thing, maybe something happened. Cause so far I can read in the forum there came up a mixture about phantom 3 files and inspire files when it came up to such connection problems.

I tried binding the remote to the Inspire and it binds, but after binding the remote is blinking very fast:

Thanks for helping me out
Stefan
2019-8-25
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
  • >>>
United States

fansc4294f8a Posted at 8-25 02:30
Hi Rich,

thanks for your answer.

Hi Stefan

Thanks for the video. That is a difficult problem to diagnose....  without knowing the FW history.   

Sounds like you have done many things.  I do not believe the gs_ofdm.bin was a good idea, it was for non responding remotes. did you try going back to the second to the last FW using a flash drive?  My Inspire 1  FW version RC= 1.6 AC 1.81  I did not change after that one.

hope you can get this sorted, but it sounds like you might need to send it to DJI for re-flashing the hardware, because they have the repair software that the end user doesn't get to have  

Rich
2019-8-25
Use props
fansc4294f8a
lvl.3
Austria

Hi Rich,

thanks for your answer. Yes that is a real difficult part, dont know the exact story of this remote.
I just ordered a new USB/HDMI Board and will try if it will do the trick.

Someone else also had an issue by changing the usb board and after that it wasnt recognized any more as inspire remote. so home in my case I can change my behaviour.
Otherwise it will end at the dji repair centre in europe or I will try to get a firmware from dji for this problem

regards
Stefan
2019-8-28
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
  • >>>
United States

fansc4294f8a Posted at 8-28 13:07
Hi Rich,

thanks for your answer. Yes that is a real difficult part, dont know the exact story of this remote.

sounds like this could be something to try. I hope you are able to get this remote going again.

Let us know what happens

Rich
2019-8-28
Use props
Drone AD services
Second Officer
Flight distance : 697441 ft

Hello, I had the same problem. My solution worked for me but i don't give you a guarantee. I downgraded the actual "Phantom 3" firmware on my Inspire RC. It then recognised the normal firmware update for my Inspire 1 RC and everything worked again.
Good luck

Patrick
2019-9-17
Use props
ozzelot1gmail.com
lvl.3
Austria

Drone AD services Posted at 2019-9-17 09:47
Hello, I had the same problem. My solution worked for me but i don't give you a guarantee. I downgraded the actual "Phantom 3" firmware on my Inspire RC. It then recognised the normal firmware update for my Inspire 1 RC and everything worked again.
Good luck

Hi Patrick, I see your answer very late. Thanks for your hint, I give it a try. regards Stefan
2020-4-28
Use props
keukpa
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi, did you fix this? I was having the exact same problem but sorted it, let me know and I'll take the time to let you know how I sorted it.

Keukpa
2020-7-16
Use props
Ozzelot1
lvl.3
Austria

keukpa Posted at 7-16 18:01
Hi, did you fix this? I was having the exact same problem but sorted it, let me know and I'll take the time to let you know how I sorted it.

Keukpa

Hi, yes i fixed it. But I had to change the HDMI Output Module.
After a lot of time trying fixing it without anything it then didnt recognized by using the usb cable.

The problem seems on my remote on the HDMI Board itself (which is under the white unit) not the usb unit which is screwed on the remote.

After changing it recognized and updated to the new firmware.

how did your solution look?

regards
2020-7-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules