Spark nick names
1348 11 2019-8-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NickEST1987
lvl.4
Flight distance : 587362 ft
United States

What does everyone call their sparks?  I'm trying to come up with a name for my drone and currently having a hard time.  Lately I've been calling it Sparky
2019-8-24
Use props
David Martin Graff
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

I confess, I call them Mr. Tello and Mr. Sparky and Mr. Mavic Pro but the best one is Zoom, Mavic 2 Zoom as in Bond, James Bond...
2019-8-24
Use props
NickEST1987
lvl.4
Flight distance : 587362 ft
United States

LOL I like that
2019-8-24
Use props
maddox
First Officer
Malaysia

David Martin Graff Posted at 8-24 18:59
I confess, I call them Mr. Tello and Mr. Sparky and Mr. Mavic Pro but the best one is Zoom, Mavic 2 Zoom as in Bond, James Bond...

Nice lol
2019-8-25
Use props
David Martin Graff
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2019-8-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day NickEST1987. Thank you for reaching out. I hope that our valued DJI co pilots will be able to share the names of there DJI drones and for you to be able to give the best name for your DJI Spark. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2019-8-25
Use props
Tentoes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

David Martin Graff Posted at 8-24 18:59
I confess, I call them Mr. Tello and Mr. Sparky and Mr. Mavic Pro but the best one is Zoom, Mavic 2 Zoom as in Bond, James Bond...

Pretty good!

BTW: Your avatar looks like a business photo Ok, mine is completely the opposite.
The blue spark that belonged to a friend I named "Sylvester theDrone." I thought about "Droneo." "Droneo, Droneo, where for art thou, Droneo?"

The yellow spark that is mine, I named "Phoebe" for a friend's delightful 9-year-old daughter.

Names I considered for the yellow drone were

"Tweety" -- Sticking with the Sylvester the cat theme.
"Felix" -- Sticking again with the cartoon cat theme.

Phoebe was a bit of a headache at first and almost got named "Lucy vanPelt." Then I discovered that she worked if my phone was far away. New phone and she's mostly happy, though she thinks she lives in CE territory and takes a couple minutes to change to FCC any time I've had the remote turned off.
2019-8-25
Use props
David Martin Graff
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Tentoes Posted at 8-25 10:40
Pretty good!

BTW: Your avatar looks like a business photo[view_image] Ok, mine is completely the opposite.

I like it!! "Phoebe" is a good toned down moniker, although if we're going to pick names in a drone's case - I think a name that could either reference a "boy" or "girl" generally would be most fitting. Like Jordan, Taylor or Sasha - which I kind of like...(Since we wouldn't want to hurt the Spark's feelings ironically if it considered itself gender neutral??) :-)

For me, I figured to leave the names of the drones in tact but offer a variation, since when speaking to people I don't want to be too verbose having to say I have a "Spark" and its name is "ABC".

I'd rather be a succinct as possible whenever talking to anyone about my drones - this way it doesn't sound too overbearing or invasive - since some people still are quite reserved on the topic of drones (although I love the topic)...
2019-8-25
Use props
Arnie R
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80958 ft
United States

When mine misbehaves, it gets called a lot of names not suitable for use in a family oriented site such as this...........
2019-8-25
Use props
David Martin Graff
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Arnie R Posted at 8-25 17:12
When mine misbehaves, it gets called a lot of names not suitable for use in a family oriented site such as this...........

You can call your Spark many names, but never call it late for dinner
2019-8-25
Use props
CasualDronePilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 146135 ft
Sweden

Gula Gnistan which means Yellow Spark in swedish. Not very original I know, but that's what I called it when I unboxed it. Then it just stuck.
2019-8-25
Use props
Tentoes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

CasualDronePilot Posted at 8-25 23:02
Gula Gnistan which means Yellow Spark in swedish. Not very original I know, but that's what I called it when I unboxed it. Then it just stuck.

hehe

To my American ears, "Gula Gnistan" sounds NOTHING like "Yellow Spark."
2019-8-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules