Next FIrmware what would you like to see corrected and added
12Next >
3420 46 2019-8-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansb70392cb
First Officer
United States

We are the one's that say to DJI what we like. so lets see what we like to see in the  next firmware.

I'll start by saying  remove the Pc unrecognized and add back the color to the connection. for starters.

free image hosting sites
2019-8-25
Use props
williehowe
lvl.4
United States

External audio adapter support.
2019-8-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day. Thank you for reaching out. I will forward these thread to our DJI designated department for further development of DJI and for the DJI Osmo Action. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests and information will be implemented. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news in our DJI official website at www.dji.com or by checking the Release Notes specific for your product. Thank you for your valued support.
2019-8-25
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

I also want to see a back out   if I am in say  a setting how do I back out and not to the main screen to  add another feature to the   setting?
2019-8-25
Use props
peiter
Second Officer
Denmark

In this order:

External microphone adapter ( as so many seem to need that badly )
LCD screen lag
Choices for sharpness and contrast, i think what we have not should be high, so 2 lesser options for both would be nice )
Rocksteady to support 4K30 HDR or at least lesser resolutions with HDR.
2019-8-25
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

I also like to see a FULL MANUAL SETTING Control all the features just not the limitations of lets sat ISO min only or max only I want both
2019-8-26
Use props
herrsch
lvl.1
Germany

- External Audio Support (new Adapter or allow 3rd party adapters to work - come on, its a usb-c port, no need to re-invent the wheel)
- Option to have BOTH displays (front & back) running at the same time, so we dont have to switch when vlogging and changing perspective frequently
2019-8-26
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Plugged to Computer while in the On a battery Icon saying charging
2019-8-26
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Bluetooth Remote control  if there is one already if not  that I like added. maybe  that can be done if a bluetooth mic no one  but Rode has theshow on it.
2019-8-26
Use props
Tactical Trvlr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 255407 ft
  • >>>
United States

Audio Adapter for god's sake!
2019-8-27
Use props
fans49c1baf6
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2015627 ft
  • >>>
United States

One thing that needs to be fixed immediately is when  you say the “start recording”voice command for whatever you have the camera set to to record in that particular mode, and not revert back to whatever you had previously set in the video mode.

For example if you have 1080 P slow motion set to record, and you had previously in video mode had 4K 60 P selected, when you say start recording instead of recording in slow motion, the camera records at 4K 60 P.This should’ve been fixed with the first firmware revision. The fact that it’s gone this far without being addressed is disappointing.
2019-8-29
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

VC is a gimmick you   use it to the best you can otherwise I keep mine off.. I agree fix  what is broken first before    moving on.
2019-8-30
Use props
grigri
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2480322 ft
  • >>>
Poland

h265 and hyperlapse
2019-8-30
Use props
anthonyb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 486381 ft
New Zealand

External mic adapter and bluetooth headphone/mic capability.
Display Battery % remaining on displays not just on Mimo.
Microphone level bars on front and rear display to make sure you're being heard.  Currently just on Mimo app.
2019-8-30
Use props
Jacob-G
New

United States

I would like the option in settings to never go to sleep.
2019-8-30
Use props
Pics2Flicks
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61427 ft

In addition to all above, PLEASE give us back the ability to voice command or swipe to switch screens while recording without interrupting the recording.
2019-9-9
Use props
MKosmo
Second Officer

Hyper lapse
Fix occasion loss of horizon
Sharpening adjustment
Stop racking up the iso when not necessary ( excessive noise even in bright sunlight due to high iso / high shutter speed )
Rocksteady lite which allows manual control / nd filter use.
2019-9-9
Use props
ff22
Second Officer

Pics2Flicks Posted at 9-9 07:01
In addition to all above, PLEASE give us back the ability to voice command or swipe to switch screens while recording without interrupting the recording.

I guess they may have felt that you would not want your voice intruding into a continuous video with an audible "SWITCH SCREEN" and possibly repeated if it did not work the first time.  
2019-9-9
Use props
fansfebcca35
New

When can we expect to have to an option for bigger FOV on the osmo action??
2019-9-11
Use props
peiter
Second Officer

you can only make that larger by not using dewarp and rocksteady, then you have the lenses actual angle, and so to get a greater angle you would have to put on another lens, or one of those snap om lenses,,,,which i can not recommend.

2019-9-11
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

Pics2Flicks Posted at 9-9 07:01

Holding 'QS' button while recording switches screens without interrupting recording.

Voice control probably not practical while recording, and pushing QS button probably easier and more reliable than swiping rear screen.
2019-9-11
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

Personally I would like hyperlapse, and the ability to vary or chose different levels of stabilisation to perhaps facilitate the use of ND filters, or to allow wider FOV than current RS would be interesting.

2019-9-11
Use props
TheRepo
lvl.1

A Superview-like mode. It's essential for bikers...
2019-9-18
Use props
lucabs
lvl.1

less cropping with rocksteady and  the superview  mode
2019-9-27
Use props
Citizen Kang
lvl.1

If the Osmo Action has some kind of gyroscope, record the real-time gyro data in the file so that we can level the horizon in post.  The GoPro apparently does this.  I do a lot of hiking and I use the Osmo Pocket to record my hikes since it levels out the roll axis.  However, it's FOV (Field of View) is a bit more narrow than I'd like and all the third-party wide-angle lens adapters are insufficient in that they degrade the quality of the video AND don't allow for usage of ND filters.  Yes, I have tried taping ND gels onto the adapters.  The wide-angle lens alone introduces some persistent vibrations and taping anything on just makes it worse.  The gels also make the footage look like someone smeared Vaseline all over the lens.  The FOV of the Osmo Action is good, but it'd be nice if there was some way of minimizing some of the movement in the roll axis to mimic a gimbal.
2019-9-27
Use props
djiuser_KAgER49de2dK
New

Option for Wide and/or SuperWide recording in Video
2019-9-30
Use props
BIGDZ
First Officer
Flight distance : 10255860 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_KAgER49de2dK Posted at 9-30 19:11
Option for Wide and/or SuperWide recording in Video

This would be huge!
2019-10-1
Use props
Serb
lvl.2

grigri Posted at 8-30 12:49
h265 and hyperlapse

What?

They haven't learned anything from Osmo Pocket and lack of H265, and decided NOT to incorporate that from the get go?

LOL... hilarious.

And no wide/superwide option either?

GoPro has them beat by far in that department... Hero7 or Hero8 now.
2019-10-11
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer

I love to  hear DJI listen to the CUstomer, not youtuber that they Sponsor and deal with real people that  buy products. neverwill happen prove me wrong..  I like for DJI to add some color back to an Overlay that I can not see outdoors I see the white nit grey.  example in red. not saying do red Saying DO IT RIGHT!
IMG_2728[1].jpg
2019-10-11
Use props
Juliano Cruz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4158868 ft
  • >>>

- Live stream (Facebook, youtube, etc..);
- New pan options (like OSMO Mobile);
- sharpness and contrast options like other DJI apps;
- Automated individual movements - It would be nice some automated movements that you need to use the touch screen be automated... you need to care only with the scene. (Spin movement for example, that you need to do tour movement plus the joystick movement).
2019-10-11
Use props
Trail Features
lvl.1

Ability to control sharpness.
Better auto exposure that weighs the whole image and doesn't blow out the sky.
Ability to switch rocksteady to "steady" so we don't have as much of a crop. (think how gopro Hero 8 has the ability to select boost when you need more stable footage, and turn it off when you want less cropping)
2019-10-11
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer

Love to see a DJI   Team member stop in. say thanks guys we taken your  requests and will report back.
2019-10-11
Use props
djiuser_omONsepQ5DoX
lvl.2

H265!!!(then we don’t need to transcode 4k60 for iphons using mimo)

Live Burst (like Apple’s Live Photos)

Sharpness adjustment
2019-10-12
Use props
maniac630
lvl.1
United States

Levels to rocksteady (like the new GoPro Hero 8 can do with it's Hypersmooth 2.0.  At it's maximum setting, Hypersmooth 2.0 looks about identical to Rocksteady's only setting)
Ability to change or at least turn off in camera sharpening
manual audio level control and audio meter option on screen (especially useful for the audio adapter)
2019-10-17
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Interface control buttons  short cuts on screen.
2019-10-18
Use props
djiuser_Pv3gzXCxODRE
New

Hong Kong

Hi
I am an Osmo Action user. I would like to see the following features add to camera.

1. 10/20/30 frames on burst, 3/5/7 is too few for burst, it’s difficult to use for capture for a special shoot for action.
2. Timed video mode, 30/60/90 seconds video than shutdown. It help to create short clip on one handsfree operation.
3. Storage warning with sound or light during shooting.
4. Different crop view as preset.

Thanks!
2019-10-18
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Video timer   3 sec, 5 sec 10 sec on start of recording.
2019-10-18
Use props
Michalm01
lvl.2
Czechia

Ntfs partition support
2019-10-19
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-25 07:48
Hello and good day. Thank you for reaching out. I will forward these thread to our DJI designated department for further development of DJI and for the DJI Osmo Action. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests and information will be implemented. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news in our DJI official website at www.dji.com or by checking the Release Notes specific for your product. Thank you for your valued support.

We the Members of the DJI Community have given our request:  and put together a list that should be brought to the Team to evaulate and be discussed. if  we can simply be told Yes or no  on our request, that we do not have to repeat each time
Here are some of the importance that should get  priority over waht are  not  going to happen but worth a shot:

Priority

• Latacy
  • Sharpness Low, med, high
  • RS Off, Low, Med, High
  • Screen on/off  Front on only, back on only, back and front,  QS front screen recording
  • Battery Percentage
  • Interface short cuts

All others can be addressed normal

1. USB device not recognized, corrected see post 1
2. External audio adapter support see post 2
3. Laticy see post 6
4. Sharpness control see post 41
5. contrast control see posts 38
6 RS (Rock steady in 4k@30 HDR mode.
7.Screen Control Front Only, back only, both.  front screen recording on QS  see post 9
8. Battery level indicator while usb connection is used. see post 11
9.  Voice Command. record slow mo  correctly.   and change modes see Post 14, 21
10.  H265 code see post 16, 35
11. Battery  percentage   dsplay example 65%  wsee post 18
12. Field of view      choices Wide med, narrow see post 25, 29 to 35, 43
13 Variants in Rock Steady Off, low, med, high see post 28, 42
14  complete the coloring onf overlays see post 36
15 Livestream see post 37
16 Live Burst see post 41
17 gain control for audio see post 41
18 Interface short cuts see post 42
19 Photo burts     intervals  see post 43
20 video  length timer see post 43
21 low  warning for storage see post 43
22 Video start timer  see post 44
23 NTFS support see post 4524. Histogram  see post 5024 . settings  when the screen is locked  so when underwaterl see post 51

2019-10-19
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Hisotgram if via the App and or camera, on an action camera.  

FIlters   that you can chose from this was on a 1993 camera called the Hanshing  hybrid  years ago,  also on a Kodak ZX-3 for underwater that allowed  a correct film

WHy we do not have A  filter  in a Underwater  camera says A LOT Kodak done it but yet DJI or gopro can figure that out.. oh $$$$$ for the  people that create tehir own   
2019-10-20
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules