Sideways drift, it seems to have moved left by several Meters
516 9 2019-8-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tesaro
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hello fellow Pilots
I wonder if I could get some help with an issue I have noticed.
When I fly my Bird forwards, away from me in a straight Line for some distance, I notice when I pull the stick back to get my Bird to return to me
It has moved Left by several Metres. This happens without me touching the Left stick. It also seems to slowly rotate when it is hovering again
Without me touching the Left Stick. I imagine these problems are the same thing. I would appreciate any help you could offer. I have tried calibrating
The sticks on my Smart Controller but it doesn’t seem to have helped.
Thanks in advance

2019-8-25
Use props
Pastor Ted
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1359642 ft
  • >>>
United States

This happens to my Mavic 2 Zoom in spite of calibrations. My other Mavic 2 Pro doesn’t do the same.
2019-8-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Tesaro. I am sorry to know that you are having issues. Can you please try to update the firmware of your DJI Smart Controller and please calibrate the said controller again to see if the issue will still persist. If the issue still persist after these process and since you've noticed that there's an unusual drifting without touching the sticks, we would recommend sending the unit into our facility for a further check on your unit. Please contact our DJI support team at www.dji.com/support. Thank you.
2019-8-25
Use props
Solo1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 383238 ft
United States

Have you tried IMU calibration?
2019-8-25
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 14312858 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Check the sensor readings in the app before take off - you may need to calibrate the IMU on a flat level surface (table at home) after the drone has cooled down and look at the compass reading too - if calibrating that ensure to do it at the flight location away from any heavy metal objects - never calibrate the compass indoors.
2019-8-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

Could it be a little breeze?
2019-8-27
Use props
Tesaro
lvl.2
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 8-26 02:56
Check the sensor readings in the app before take off - you may need to calibrate the IMU on a flat level surface (table at home) after the drone has cooled down and look at the compass reading too - if calibrating that ensure to do it at the flight location away from any heavy metal objects - never calibrate the compass indoors.

Thanks AJ your suggestions done the trick. It is inch perfect now.

Thanks everyone else for your help.

;)
2019-8-27
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 14312858 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Tesaro Posted at 8-27 07:24
Thanks AJ your suggestions done the trick. It is inch perfect now.

Thanks everyone else for your help.

Glad that sorted it - happy flying
2019-8-27
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

glad its sorted, if no stick input, plenty of light and GPS signal and aircraft is still moving around on its own its usually an IMU issue , should always make a preflight checks of sensors, i do wish DJI would make sensors part and general self testing info as of the startup splash screen when it first connects to the drone preflight, you can click continue and jump straight to camera as that would be helpful to everyone.  hint hint DJI... please implement some of our suggested changes to DJI app

as a side note, i just got my mavic 2 pro, and one of the things i have noticed was there is more gentle slow down, still fast but more gentle than previous drones when releasing movements, specially sideways.  i for one am really happy about that because lends itself to more smooth video, i would be more happy if dji enabled side obstacle avoidance systems at lower speeds and seemlessly turn off side sensors as pass higher speeds
2019-8-27
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

The slowing, braking of the drone is adjustable.  Look for the braking adjustment in Expo settings,  or the manual.....lots of flight adjustments you can do!!

Randy
2019-8-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules