How much will a like-new Mavic Pro be worth in 5 years???
123Next >
7901 86 2019-8-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jimmy hoffa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1824291 ft
  • >>>
United States

U were offered 900$ for a mavic pro? I would have took that in a heartbeat these days you're lucky to get five to six hundred and it will only get worse as time goes on....
2019-8-27
Use props
David Martin Graff
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 8-27 09:37
It’s probably the biggest selling consumer drone to date, but it’s basically crude plastic with very much out of date hardware and software , I think it will have no value in 5 years, it’s only value is it’s still got pretty modern tech and a camera same as an iPhone 6 , it’s only value is now and everyday that passes its loosing value.

You are preaching to a largely evident school of thought on this thread about the value of a Mavic Pro going forward. I just think this drone will be remembered as the drone that changed the industry as a whole.

Picture in 5 years drones are all practically fully autonomous where the pilot can take control over a drone but not to the extent pilots have enjoyed flying the Mavic Pro. Perhaps DJI drones fly with a mind of their own in 5 years. where the most efficient path is always taken, the drone has loads of new sensors on it that prevent you by and large of actually feeling like you are still piloting and flying these future drones. Not to mention, these future drones will be quite expensive as prices only are projected to rise, the Mavic Pro will see its value fundamentally bidded up because the prices of future drones will rise to a price point several thousands of dollars more of today.

The supply of a DJI Mavic Pro is finite, given it's reached its end of life where DJI is hardly producing the Mavic Pro, and if you couple the fact people continuously crash their drones, the supply over the next five years of a Mavic Pro will only reduce to where there may be a small population that will exist?

I realize most people here have been negative about the 5 year future price point for a Mavic Pro. I think if you take three forces as logical evidence the price point of a Mavic Pro will be based on these factors:

1) Mavic Pro over the next 5 years will be reducing year-over-year due to fact people will be crashing them constantly and DJI will no longer produce the Mavic Pro;
2) Prices of DJI drones over the next five years will be increasing double digit percentage in price on annual basis (considering the Mavic 2 Pro increased 50% year over year versus the Mavic Pro, or $999 compared to $1,499);
3) Drones in the future are going to be almost or fully autonomous where a drone pilot in 5 years likely won't be generally considered to be a UAS pilot, since young children will practically be initiating take-off and landings of all consumer drones in the future, making a Mavic Pro in like-new condition 5 years from now a viable alternative and coveted item since it will allow for a more engaging flying experience?
2019-8-27
Use props
David Martin Graff
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Jimmy hoffa Posted at 8-27 12:24
U were offered 900$ for a mavic pro? I would have took that in a heartbeat these days you're lucky to get five to six hundred and it will only get worse as time goes on....

I am leaning towards not selling the drone because the person who is buying the drone hasn't done their homework about the Mavic Pro, and I'd rather sell the drone to a person who is 100% committed at every interval, whereas on this transaction I feel like I'm doing to much work selling the drone pointing out its strengths and little weaknesses.

The drone arrived today but DJI didn't prepackage it in the original boxing that came with the drone.  A couple of weeks ago I received my DJI Care Refresh+ Mavic Pro that I paid for, it arrived sealed in the original box without the controller. Unfortunately, the drone was not absent of issues including the gimbal not initiating correctly, the range was significantly reduced versus my previous Mavic Pro that had flown 7,000,000 feet and in my opinion reached the premature stock ending in its lifecycle. I returned the drone to DJI and expected them to send me the same kind of packaging inside a sealed box, unfortunately it did not. DJI packaged the Mavic Pro in loose in bubble wrap so I don't have a drone and box that match the serial number. All I have are two boxes, the box the original Mavic Pro came in that I purchased in the store, and the last Mavic Pro that was sent to me that had a matching serial number to the box, this drone I have looks new but is boxless without a matching serial number where the only way to confirm the ownership will have to be a phone call to DJI confirming the serial number with a prospective buyer present to hear and confirm the history of the drone being purchased. In other words, it isn't as easy now selling this drone now that is arrived boxless.
2019-8-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

David Martin Graff Posted at 8-27 18:20
You are preaching to a largely evident school of thought on this thread about the value of a Mavic Pro going forward. I just think this drone will be remembered as the drone that changed the industry as a whole.

Picture in 5 years drones are all practically fully autonomous where the pilot can take control over a drone but not to the extent pilots have enjoyed flying the Mavic Pro. Perhaps DJI drones fly with a mind of their own in 5 years. where the most efficient path is always taken, the drone has loads of new sensors on it that prevent you by and large of actually feeling like you are still piloting and flying these future drones. Not to mention, these future drones will be quite expensive as prices only are projected to rise, the Mavic Pro will see its value fundamentally bidded up because the prices of future drones will rise to a price point several thousands of dollars more of today.

I’m afraid David you are looking at this through Rose tinted glasses, first you can not compare M2P with MP they have totally different camera on board.
But you can compare MP with MZ so I paid €1199 for MP , price of zoom today €1299 for a much better craft much better tech and all round improved craft, so for that extra €100 I get a lot, I also get a craft almost 3 years younger.

The only change MP made in the market was to appeal to a bigger audience, but previous to this Phantoms gave the average joe soap the ability to fly camera drones safely and believe it or not the P3P and P4 where huge and millions were sold, these users were also a major part of Mavic pros success and if drone flying had not been established by the phantoms the Mavic may have well been a flop.

This is a mass produced piece of plastic, it has no endearing features and nothing special in that it was in anyway limited, it is a throw away object with a limited life appeal and if I was you I’d bite the guys hand off to sell it .
2019-8-28
Use props
Damager
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9052 ft
United States

Anything is worth only what someone is willing to pay for it.   I would suggest that if you aren't completing this transaction because you were having to "sell too hard", then perhaps the price that you are expecting isn't in line with the buyers perception of value.   I would take $700 all day and run.   These things will do nothing but go down in value over time, especially over 5 years.   As a test, just go to EBay and see what drones from 5 years ago are going for - that should give you a benchmark.
2019-8-28
Use props
El Diabolico
Second Officer

Germany

David Martin Graff Posted at 8-27 18:20
You are preaching to a largely evident school of thought on this thread about the value of a Mavic Pro going forward. I just think this drone will be remembered as the drone that changed the industry as a whole.

Picture in 5 years drones are all practically fully autonomous where the pilot can take control over a drone but not to the extent pilots have enjoyed flying the Mavic Pro. Perhaps DJI drones fly with a mind of their own in 5 years. where the most efficient path is always taken, the drone has loads of new sensors on it that prevent you by and large of actually feeling like you are still piloting and flying these future drones. Not to mention, these future drones will be quite expensive as prices only are projected to rise, the Mavic Pro will see its value fundamentally bidded up because the prices of future drones will rise to a price point several thousands of dollars more of today.

I believe you are trying to convince yourself about your purchase as the 900$ are very tempting...

I can ensure you that NO ONE will remember the Mavic Pro in 5 years as the drone that revolutionized the industry. You keep deflecting all comments from people with common sense and you forget that before the Mavic there was the Phantom that brought droning to the masses with its reliable flying and good camera and nobody is paying gold to get a new Phantom 1 in 2019.

Also mind that in 5 years it is very probable that old drones aren't allowed to fly at all without AirSense so tell me how many folks will spend thousands of dollars for a... paper weight.
2019-8-28
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2019-8-29
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Further to my previous comment I have done some digging and the 2012-13 Phantom 1 can be bought for £50 on Ebay... Rarity sells but that is more for niche products like luxury watches with limited edition dials, vintage cars and of course art. Mass produced, consumer grade tech doesn't seem to fall in that category. The MP will continue to price drop. I recently bought an Inspire 1 in A1 mint condition from a PfCO holder on Ebay - two extra TB48's, set of custom made filters, 32gb micro sd card, iPad mini 2 included with everything the original drone package came with. Not a scratch on anything and works perfectly - even the batteries had less than ten charge cycles each. It's also a rare T601 V2.0 model from 2016 and I paid £900 all in. That bundle would have cost the seller more than £2500 a couple of years ago.
Now accessories are hard to come by and prices will continue to drop as newer tech is launched and these older models have reached EOL. I would also consider the Inspire 1 more revolutionary than the Mavic Pro and its an entry level pro grade platform that was never for sale in places like Argos and Toys R Us, unlike the MP. Based on current trends the MP will be worthless in time.
2019-8-29
Use props
El Diabolico
Second Officer

Germany

A J Posted at 8-29 03:13
Further to my previous comment I have done some digging and the 2012-13 Phantom 1 can be bought for £50 on Ebay... Rarity sells but that is more for niche products like luxury watches with limited edition dials, vintage cars and of course art. Mass produced, consumer grade tech doesn't seem to fall in that category. The MP will continue to price drop. I recently bought an Inspire 1 in A1 mint condition from a PfCO holder on Ebay - two extra TB48's, set of custom made filters, 32gb micro sd card, iPad mini 2 included with everything the original drone package came with. Not a scratch on anything and works perfectly - even the batteries had less than ten charge cycles each. It's also a rare T601 V2.0 model from 2016 and I paid £900 all in. That bundle would have cost the seller more than £2500 a couple of years ago.
Now accessories are hard to come by and prices will continue to drop as newer tech is launched and these older models have reached EOL. I would also consider the Inspire 1 more revolutionary than the Mavic Pro and its an entry level pro grade platform that was never for sale in places like Argos and Toys R Us, unlike the MP. Based on current trends the MP will be worthless in time.

Totally agree.

Why is your last post been moderated? Didn't had a chance to read it?
2019-8-29
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

El Diabolico Posted at 8-29 04:19
Totally agree.

Why is your last post been moderated? Didn't had a chance to read it?

I edited it too much and it auto shields when you do that - the exact same reply is in the following post (so my fault)
2019-8-29
Use props
Dean01
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

hi david - i think an original original (not refurb) will /may eventually (perhaps after many many years) achieve a decent return price. I think that a refurb will continue to fall in price as new models are rolled out. I would consider biting the bullet and take as much as i can get for my good condition refurb? if i had deeper pockets (more money) i would /may keep it as a momento of fond memories and the hope it will make me rich one day.. so many tough decisions in life :-) good luck
2019-8-29
Use props
David Martin Graff
First Officer
  • >>>

Dean01 Posted at 8-29 14:35
hi david - i think an original original (not refurb) will /may eventually (perhaps after many many years) achieve a decent return price. I think that a refurb will continue to fall in price as new models are rolled out. I would consider biting the bullet and take as much as i can get for my good condition refurb? if i had deeper pockets (more money) i would /may keep it as a momento of fond memories and the hope it will make me rich one day.. so many tough decisions in life :-) good luck

I think the supply of new Mavic Pro drones that remain and being offered and purchased outright today has little meaning on impacting price of a new Mavic Pro. In the next year or so when Mavic 3 comes out, there won't be many new units if units at all being offered as the demand meets supply and overtakes supply of Mavic Pro drones, the market will turn to refurbished and not too sure even that market will have supply.

The $69,000 question will be how much will a like-new yield in 5 years once no supply exists for Mavic Pro?
2019-9-9
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft

Maybe $50 or so if you're lucky.

In the same way a 30 year old mass produced car or a 10 year old mobile are worthless a 3 or 4 generation out of date mavic (with batteries that no longer work) wont be worth any more than the postage fee.

Ive got an ancient Galaxy S3 in my cupboard. Looks good.  Still works.  Utterly utterly worthless.

2019-9-9
Use props
djiuser_IJ7oTXK2Xt8l
lvl.2

David Martin Graff Posted at 9-9 11:57
I think the supply of new Mavic Pro drones that remain and being offered and purchased outright today has little meaning on impacting price of a new Mavic Pro. In the next year or so when Mavic 3 comes out, there won't be many new units if units at all being offered as the demand meets supply and overtakes supply of Mavic Pro drones, the market will turn to refurbished and not too sure even that market will have supply.

The $69,000 question will be how much will a like-new yield in 5 years once no supply exists for Mavic Pro?

Wow, I am surprised to see this thread still going two weeks later. If you really think that it's going to be worth some money down the road you should keep it. After all, you can never have too many drones.

By the way, I think you meant $64,000 question like the old game show. $69,000 question sounds like something they'd have on the Playboy Channel if that even still exists.
2019-9-9
Use props
David Martin Graff
First Officer
  • >>>

gnirtS Posted at 9-9 13:22
Maybe $50 or so if you're lucky.

In the same way a 30 year old mass produced car or a 10 year old mobile are worthless a 3 or 4 generation out of date mavic (with batteries that no longer work) wont be worth any more than the postage fee.

I see your point, the battery of a Mavic Pro can always be changed, you swap the battery pack and keep the outer shell that housed the old and future new battery.

I think you made good points, I have an use my first ever smartphone, the Google Nexus 5 that LG made, and the phone I purchased from Google Store in 2014 looks incredibly like-new, not because I kept it in good condition, but because I'd sent it to LG for service and they kept my motherboard with original IMEI and replaced the digitizer and all parts and outer casing. The Nexus 5 has everything new phones are bringing to the market: wireless charging, NFC, Chromecast, not to mention running on the best version of stock Android 6.0 Marshmallow. All of Googles phones like the Pixel are running and having to share the server with each other, so all the Pixels take up the capacity of Android 9, whereas Nexus 5 is the Google phone that has the Marshmallow servers all to themselves, so what you end up with a snappy, fast running Snapdragon 800, with beautiful stock Android functionality. My Nexus 5 isn't my daily driver but I like switching to it because this phone started on Android 4.4 KitKat and received the over the air updates to Android 5.1 Lollipop, then Marshmallow exactly the day Google announced the release of the new Android versions, so I think my Nexus 5 is still valuable today because it can do almost anything except fingerprint reader, water and dust proof, and super fast LTE.
2019-9-9
Use props
El Diabolico
Second Officer

David Martin Graff Posted at 9-9 19:35
I see your point, the battery of a Mavic Pro can always be changed, you swap the battery pack and keep the outer shell that housed the old and future new battery.

I think you made good points, I have an use my first ever smartphone, the Google Nexus 5 that LG made, and the phone I purchased from Google Store in 2014 looks incredibly like-new, not because I kept it in good condition, but because I'd sent it to LG for service and they kept my motherboard with original IMEI and replaced the digitizer and all parts and outer casing. The Nexus 5 has everything new phones are bringing to the market: wireless charging, NFC, Chromecast, not to mention running on the best version of stock Android 6.0 Marshmallow. All of Googles phones like the Pixel are running and having to share the server with each other, so all the Pixels take up the capacity of Android 9, whereas Nexus 5 is the Google phone that has the Marshmallow servers all to themselves, so what you end up with a snappy, fast running Snapdragon 800, with beautiful stock Android functionality. My Nexus 5 isn't my daily driver but I like switching to it because this phone started on Android 4.4 KitKat and received the over the air updates to Android 5.1 Lollipop, then Marshmallow exactly the day Google announced the release of the new Android versions, so I think my Nexus 5 is still valuable today because it can do almost anything except fingerprint reader, water and dust proof, and super fast LTE.

Good for you David, good for you.
2019-9-9
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>

I think you made good points, I have an use my first ever smartphone, the Google Nexus 5 that LG made, and the phone I purchased from Google Store in 2014 looks incredibly like-new, not because I kept it in good condition, but because I'd sent it to LG for service and they kept my motherboard with original IMEI and replaced the digitizer and all parts and outer casing. The Nexus 5 has everything new phones are bringing to the market: wireless charging, NFC, Chromecast, not to mention running on the best version of stock Android 6.0 Marshmallow. All of Googles phones like the Pixel are running and having to share the server with each other, so all the Pixels take up the capacity of Android 9, whereas Nexus 5 is the Google phone that has the Marshmallow servers all to themselves, so what you end up with a snappy, fast running Snapdragon 800, with beautiful stock Android functionality. My Nexus 5 isn't my daily driver but I like switching to it because this phone started on Android 4.4 KitKat and received the over the air updates to Android 5.1 Lollipop, then Marshmallow exactly the day Google announced the release of the new Android versions, so I think my Nexus 5 is still valuable today because it can do almost anything except fingerprint reader, water and dust proof, and super fast LTE.

I've seen a Nexus 5 in mint condition sell for £79 on Ebay.
2019-9-9
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Flight distance : 10326581 ft

David Martin Graff Posted at 8-25 14:22
Thank you DJI Stephen. I thought it was a much overdue question to ask the community. I think there's some validity to the question at this point in juncture, given if you look on the DJI Store, a refurbished original Mavic Pro is selling for more than a refurbished Mavic Pro Platinum??? Am I on to something??

David this is off subject, I'm thinking about getting the Epson moverio 300 BT ,  what do you think? good idea or bad?
2019-9-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>

djiuser_IJ7oTXK2Xt8l Posted at 9-9 16:24
Wow, I am surprised to see this thread still going two weeks later. If you really think that it's going to be worth some money down the road you should keep it. After all, you can never have too many drones.

By the way, I think you meant $64,000 question like the old game show. $69,000 question sounds like something they'd have on the Playboy Channel if that even still exists.

I think this thread is all a bit tongue and cheek, if it’s not then there is a lot of delusion going on here .
2019-9-10
Use props
fans48f0c1a5
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2278898 ft

I think you made good points, I have an use my first ever smartphone, the Google Nexus 5 that LG made, and the phone I purchased from Google Store in 2014 looks incredibly like-new, not because I kept it in good condition, but because I'd sent it to LG for service and they kept my motherboard with original IMEI and replaced the digitizer and all parts and outer casing. The Nexus 5 has everything new phones are bringing to the market: wireless charging, NFC, Chromecast, not to mention running on the best version of stock Android 6.0 Marshmallow. All of Googles phones like the Pixel are running and having to share the server with each other, so all the Pixels take up the capacity of Android 9, whereas Nexus 5 is the Google phone that has the Marshmallow servers all to themselves, so what you end up with a snappy, fast running Snapdragon 800, with beautiful stock Android functionality. My Nexus 5 isn't my daily driver but I like switching to it because this phone started on Android 4.4 KitKat and received the over the air updates to Android 5.1 Lollipop, then Marshmallow exactly the day Google announced the release of the new Android versions, so I think my Nexus 5 is still valuable today because it can do almost anything except fingerprint reader, water and dust proof, and super fast LTE.

Anything rare will be worth something in the future if there is anybody who wants it and are prepared to pay its worth. The thing is what something is worth can be dictated by varying factors. Time, rareity, monetry values and many others. If you need the money sell now if you have a good offer otherwise stick it in a cupboard and forget about it. By the way i use a galaxy s5 for flying and that cost ne £45.00 four years ago that was £500.
2019-9-10
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer

A J Posted at 9-9 22:58
I've seen a Nexus 5 in mint condition sell for £79 on Ebay.

Ive seen them go for $20 - $40 as working.

Again its old dated tech that is severely limited in what it does.  Ive gone through most of the nexus and pixel range as i'll only ever use proper stock android.  It doesnt mean the old ones are anything but laughably limited and worthless despite the fact i like them!

Also, an N5 would be a massive security nightmare.  It probably shouldnt be online now or at least not trusted with any user apps or passwords.

(Theres no such thing as an "android 4 server" either)
2019-9-10
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>

gnirtS Posted at 9-10 10:15

Again its old dated tech that is severely limited in what it does.  Ive gone through most of the nexus and pixel range as i'll only ever use proper stock android.  It doesnt mean the old ones are anything but laughably limited and worthless despite the fact i like them!

Exactly - cheap! Nearly all tech loses value.  
2019-9-10
Use props
fans48f0c1a5
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2278898 ft

gnirtS Posted at 9-10 10:15

Again its old dated tech that is severely limited in what it does.  Ive gone through most of the nexus and pixel range as i'll only ever use proper stock android.  It doesnt mean the old ones are anything but laughably limited and worthless despite the fact i like them!

Just because something is old tech does not make it usless to somebody who has a use for it, valueless maybey depending on how old and popular it is/was. I use stock android as well but older phones are still ok and secure if you run the likes of lineage os 16 which is uptodate android 9 and no bloat. So  older tech can still have a use and value.
2019-9-10
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer

If you class a few tens of dollars of value then fine.  
But thats it - any consumer product produced in millions thats a few years old is going to be worthless.  A mavic in particular which are in large numbers, lots in good condition because they dont get used that much is going to go for a few dollars at most.  Its nothing rare, nothing ground breaking, nothing unique and offers no advantages what-so-ever over the newer models.

(actually even android 9 is out of date now in terms of releases...)
2019-9-10
Use props
David Martin Graff
First Officer
  • >>>

Picanoc Jack Posted at 9-10 06:27
David this is off subject, I'm thinking about getting the Epson moverio 300 BT ,  what do you think? good idea or bad?

Those look kind of cool, I was reading that they incorporate DLP laser technology where the image is essentially painted onto and behind your retina. This is as opposed to looking into box or FatShark goggles where the image is through an incorporated television screen...
2019-9-14
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer

David Martin Graff Posted at 9-14 14:06
Those look kind of cool, I was reading that they incorporate DLP laser technology where the image is essentially painted onto and behind your retina. This is as opposed to looking into box or FatShark goggles where the image is through an incorporated television screen...

thanks for the info David. will find out later when I get them.
2019-9-14
Use props
David Martin Graff
First Officer
  • >>>

A J Posted at 9-9 22:58
I've seen a Nexus 5 in mint condition sell for £79 on Ebay.

Mine is the 32B version, which if it that's the 16GB version, now you know your answer as to why  it's so cheap and why nobody purchased it.

I mean for a quick and dirty backup device, the Nexus 5 has most of the options the larger more popular phone manufacturers are just now implementing in the devises.

The Nexus 5 is a straight 1080p device. The camera on the Nexus recorded in 1920x1080p and there's a cast icon included with all the icons atop the phone where back in the day only a handful of phones could cast their screen to a SmartTV as nobody realized in 2012,2013 when this phone was released for $399 (32GB configuration) that unless their device was capable of FHD, Apple iPhones and other Android devices could not cast their screen to the Chromecast, because Google knew the screen resolutions on iPhones were not at least FHD. Not until the iPhone 7+ did Apple produce a phone with a FHD display.

Think about it, back then no device could cast its screen to a device that has native higher resolution, and when Google released the Chromecast to support 4K, this essentially opened the door for 4K display devices to chromecast onto a SmartTV screen.
2019-9-15
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>

David Martin Graff Posted at 9-15 09:11
Mine is the 32B version, which if it that's the 16GB version, now you know your answer as to why  it's so cheap and why nobody purchased it.

I mean for a quick and dirty backup device, the Nexus 5 has most of the options the larger more popular phone manufacturers are just now implementing in the devises.

Your Mavic Pro will still lose monetary value though David...
2019-9-15
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>

A J Posted at 8-29 05:05
I edited it too much and it auto shields when you do that - the exact same reply is in the following post (so my fault)

Aj

Thanks for the explanation.....I  did  not  know that!

Randy
2019-9-15
Use props
bobsma
lvl.4

Ex Machina Posted at 8-25 16:48
The general rule of thumb is that as soon as you take a retail item home, or drive a car off the dealer's lot, it depreciates 40%.

Electronics are still rapidly evolving, and generally depreciate faster than hand-made items; next year's models always are much improved, yada yada. Is the original Mavic Pro going to be a collectible? Maybe, but I kind of doubt it. I'd sell it while you can still get some money out of it.

keep in mind people will miss inform you 40% of the time just like you did. keep up the bad work.
2019-9-15
Use props
bobsma
lvl.4

David Martin Graff Posted at 8-27 12:08
My Mavic Pro is under warranty until March 14, 2020 so if the person wants a new controller then they can just send it in for replacement. I think it's a good deal for someone like this person who never owned a drone and doesn't want to buy new? I have a sealed Mavic Pro from DJI along with 2 brand new batteries never opened or activated. Buying that from DJI would cost $799 + $89+ $89 = $977 if you include the value of the other 2 used batteries, carrying case, new low noise props, 2 sets of new stock Mavic Pro props, USB battery adapter, why wouldn't the person want to buy the Mavic Pro from me instead of DJI? It's scheduled to arrive today instead of tomorrow, UPS got ahead of schedule. The person is coming over today to look and review everything. They're getting the same deal as from DJI plus more accessories for a larger discount ~$300? In this case I would rather buy it from this person, because it's a rare deal that nobody has a sealed DJI shipped Mavic Pro and new batteries? It's not stolen I have my paperwork for everything and this person will be reviewing everything carefully. I also provided a return option if they purchase everything then I will refund them the cost as long as the drone wasn't involved in an accident. I'm sincere and want the person to enjoy the new purchase, I'm not trying to dupe or make this person buy something they're not going to like. I even offered to go flying with the person, where I can show the person how to fly the Mavic Pro.

if the drone is NIB... 10 years from now it could be worth 2 grand or more. people like to collect things and how many NIB Mavic's will be around 10 years from now?
2019-9-15
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>

rwynant V1 Posted at 9-15 18:40
Aj

Thanks for the explanation.....I  did  not  know that!

Has happened a few time - always best to double check before posting
2019-9-16
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer

David Martin Graff Posted at 9-14 14:06
Those look kind of cool, I was reading that they incorporate DLP laser technology where the image is essentially painted onto and behind your retina. This is as opposed to looking into box or FatShark goggles where the image is through an incorporated television screen...

The Moverios use an s-oled screen projecting onto the 2 prismatic mirrors. That's what your looking at.
They do have issues with folks have a "non-standard" IPD, or inter pupillary distance. The distance between your pupils. If you are out of the nominal ranger, these may not work for you.

You are still looking at a "screen", albeit thru a prismatic lens in front of each eye.
2019-9-16
Use props
David Martin Graff
First Officer
  • >>>

Picanoc Jack Posted at 9-10 06:27

I haven't tried the Epson Moverio 300 but what I saw on the product, it looks pretty integrated with DJI Go 4, and the capability seems like you can FPV and remain locked in looking simultaneously through the incorporated lens.

The main question you'll probably want to ask yourself is how important for you is FPV? Do you want a total immersive feeling watching the first person view, or do you rather keep sight on both views simultaneously?
2019-9-20
Use props
David Martin Graff
First Officer
  • >>>

fans48f0c1a5 Posted at 9-10 07:28
Anything rare will be worth something in the future if there is anybody who wants it and are prepared to pay its worth. The thing is what something is worth can be dictated by varying factors. Time, rareity, monetry values and many others. If you need the money sell now if you have a good offer otherwise stick it in a cupboard and forget about it. By the way i use a galaxy s5 for flying and that cost ne £45.00 four years ago that was £500.

I don't think smartphones are a good proxy, but take a look at the Apple iPhone X, as many have kept that phone without upgrading because they feel the iPhone X will be worth something in the future, mainly because it was the anniversary edition?

May be a Mavic X in the far future will be worth something because it will also be another anniversary product. But the margin of improvement with phones is far more noticeable than what you would likely see on a Mavic Pro vs. Mavic X???
2019-9-20
Use props
David Martin Graff
First Officer
  • >>>

gnirtS Posted at 9-10 10:49
If you class a few tens of dollars of value then fine.  
But thats it - any consumer product produced in millions thats a few years old is going to be worthless.  A mavic in particular which are in large numbers, lots in good condition because they dont get used that much is going to go for a few dollars at most.  Its nothing rare, nothing ground breaking, nothing unique and offers no advantages what-so-ever over the newer models.

Good points and well taken, but I have some type of hunch that we will see the value of a Mavic Pro increase at some future point and if the Mavic Pro increases in price then it will be exponential.

Look at the 1950s Comic Books, such as the Fantastic Four, and you''ll see how the market valued this collection while the later editions are practically worthless??
2019-9-20
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer

David Martin Graff Posted at 9-20 10:40
I haven't tried the Epson Moverio 300 but what I saw on the product, it looks pretty integrated with DJI Go 4, and the capability seems like you can FPV and remain locked in looking simultaneously through the incorporated lens.

The main question you'll probably want to ask yourself is how important for you is FPV? Do you want a total immersive feeling watching the first person view, or do you rather keep sight on both views simultaneously?

Thanks for your input David! I will probably get them next Spring.
2019-9-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>

David Martin Graff Posted at 9-20 10:46
Good points and well taken, but I have some type of hunch that we will see the value of a Mavic Pro increase at some future point and if the Mavic Pro increases in price then it will be exponential.

Look at the 1950s Comic Books, such as the Fantastic Four, and you''ll see how the market valued this collection while the later editions are practically worthless??

David you will also need a device that will stand the test of time and will still get mavic pro in the air , you will also have to wonder how long will batteries shelf life last, you will have to continue for many years recharging power, seriously how long a life do you think this will have, there will also be no spare parts available any longer and all tech will be lost to the wind.
You will have a drone that can’t fly no way to connect to a device with any credibility, remember devices also have a short shelf life.
Comics only need the buyer and seller to be able to read and the ability to read and see will last most a lifetime .
2019-9-21
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>

David Martin Graff Posted at 9-20 10:46

Totally different market.
2019-9-21
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>

hallmark007 Posted at 9-21 02:33
David you will also need a device that will stand the test of time and will still get mavic pro in the air , you will also have to wonder how long will batteries shelf life last, you will have to continue for many years recharging power, seriously how long a life do you think this will have, there will also be no spare parts available any longer and all tech will be lost to the wind.
You will have a drone that can’t fly no way to connect to a device with any credibility, remember devices also have a short shelf life.
Comics only need the buyer and seller to be able to read and the ability to read and see will last most a lifetime .

2019-9-21
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules