Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
How much will a like-new Mavic Pro be worth in 5 years???
7750 87 2019-8-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
*DM*
First Officer
Flight distance : 507087 ft

A bit late to the party but my 2cts.

Much depends on drone laws at that time. If it is illegal to fly anything over 250 grams in 5 years without a pilot license most old drones will be worthless. Pro's will want new stuff.

Then it depends if DJI will carry on developing consumer drones. If yes, in 5 years we'll likely have the Mavic 4.

My guess an M2 will be worth around 300 to 400 in top condition if all stays as is.
2019-9-22
Use props
Dirty Bird
Captain
Flight distance : 41442379 ft
  • >>>

It won't be worth much of anything without a power cell.  Unfortunately DJI makes a habit of rendering their drones obsolete by quickly discontinuing battery production.  As the first consumer drone with an integrated 3-axis stabilized camera, a Phantom 2 Vision+ would seem a collectible drone too.  But DJI hasn't produced P2 batteries for years.  The Phantom 3 is even newer but no batteries there either.
2019-9-22
Use props
JB63
Second Officer
  • >>>

Who would want an old Mavic Pro in few years? ... What if the App no longer runs on iOS 15 ? (i.e., few years down the road) or better yet, is no longer available on Apple Store ... Sell it now is what I would do. Many of us are in this hobby for the fun of it ... not to invest and make profit. Electronics rarely appreciate. I bought a P3S 2 years ago, barely used it ... no one is willing to give me more than 50% of what I paid.
2019-9-22
Use props
mcbutler
lvl.1

I would think the square root of zero would be a pretty close estimate...
2019-10-8
Use props
David Martin Graff
Captain
Flight distance : 84805085 ft
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 2019-9-15 13:52
Your Mavic Pro will still lose monetary value though David...

What a Mavic Pro that I was able to arrange with DJI to ship me back, I've had several Mavic Pro drones and have quite a bit of knowledge determining between the several Mavics I was shipped, and the original Mavic that was shipped to me the gimbal banged up against the top bracket each time it went into initial setup. Shipped back to DJI, they shipped me a winner. I've been flying this Mavic Pro like crazy, taking advantage of this nice weather we are having here in Arizona.

The most I've gotten a Mavic Pro was approxl, 7,000,000 feet flown before it weirdly crashed while landing, so I'm not sure if it was just the amount of flights it had under its belt or was it something more serious? Anyway,the current Mavic Pro I've had since Aug 28, 2019 has accumulated 6,200,000 feet flown, which will rank #2 of my all-time Mavic Pro drones, I'm probably going to send this Mavic Pro back to DJI given my warranty is up in March, and my heavy usage might cause this drone to fail inn a future flighty now that it has reached its output max where DJI invited me to ship them back the drone for warranty repair, and it is m last warranty replacement now that I'v had the Mavic Pro for 2 years. I will hope they will resend me another Mavic Pro that will b worthy of that Mavic, which was truly the best Mavic Pro I ever flew, I'm just hoping to get the same kind of Mavic Pro back from DJI, as I will be psyched when I do....
2020-1-21
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

David Martin Graff Posted at 1-21 00:39
What a Mavic Pro that I was able to arrange with DJI to ship me back, I've had several Mavic Pro drones and have quite a bit of knowledge determining between the several Mavics I was shipped, and the original Mavic that was shipped to me the gimbal banged up against the top bracket each time it went into initial setup. Shipped back to DJI, they shipped me a winner. I've been flying this Mavic Pro like crazy, taking advantage of this nice weather we are having here in Arizona.

The most I've gotten a Mavic Pro was approxl, 7,000,000 feet flown before it weirdly crashed while landing, so I'm not sure if it was just the amount of flights it had under its belt or was it something more serious? Anyway,the current Mavic Pro I've had since Aug 28, 2019 has accumulated 6,200,000 feet flown, which will rank #2 of my all-time Mavic Pro drones, I'm probably going to send this Mavic Pro back to DJI given my warranty is up in March, and my heavy usage might cause this drone to fail inn a future flighty now that it has reached its output max where DJI invited me to ship them back the drone for warranty repair, and it is m last warranty replacement now that I'v had the Mavic Pro for 2 years. I will hope they will resend me another Mavic Pro that will b worthy of that Mavic, which was truly the best Mavic Pro I ever flew, I'm just hoping to get the same kind of Mavic Pro back from DJI, as I will be psyched when I do....

You could always buy one from Ebay - mint condition fly more combos sell for around £400...
2020-1-21
Use props
lannes
Captain
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

As Dirty Bird mentioned, in the future, would any of the MP batteries produced be still viable, li-po's don't last for ever, even if stored ?
Once out of the production , the MP and MP batteries will no longer be available except for old stock.
We have already seen a number of posts on old new stock MP batteries failing to charge.

Doesn't this render the MP worthless, unless there are non-oem new battery sources available
2020-1-21
Use props
Uptowndisco
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7394987 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

David Martin Graff Posted at 2019-8-27 12:08
My Mavic Pro is under warranty until March 14, 2020 so if the person wants a new controller then they can just send it in for replacement. I think it's a good deal for someone like this person who never owned a drone and doesn't want to buy new? I have a sealed Mavic Pro from DJI along with 2 brand new batteries never opened or activated. Buying that from DJI would cost $799 + $89+ $89 = $977 if you include the value of the other 2 used batteries, carrying case, new low noise props, 2 sets of new stock Mavic Pro props, USB battery adapter, why wouldn't the person want to buy the Mavic Pro from me instead of DJI? It's scheduled to arrive today instead of tomorrow, UPS got ahead of schedule. The person is coming over today to look and review everything. They're getting the same deal as from DJI plus more accessories for a larger discount ~$300? In this case I would rather buy it from this person, because it's a rare deal that nobody has a sealed DJI shipped Mavic Pro and new batteries? It's not stolen I have my paperwork for everything and this person will be reviewing everything carefully. I also provided a return option if they purchase everything then I will refund them the cost as long as the drone wasn't involved in an accident. I'm sincere and want the person to enjoy the new purchase, I'm not trying to dupe or make this person buy something they're not going to like. I even offered to go flying with the person, where I can show the person how to fly the Mavic Pro.

I have a brand new sealed box unflown Original Phantom 1 , bought from an Authorised DJI retailer  for UK 120 he had a few and described as collector items ,, if the original that started it all is only worth 120 , you are going to be waiting a very long time ,  take the money now lol
2020-1-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules