Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
How to Install the TransTEC Laser Frame and Drone Modules
3891 4 2019-8-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Freefly-FPV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 600892 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

How to Install the TransTEC Laser Frame and Drone Modules

DJI’s rolled out the DJI Digital FPV Transmission system for racing drones, which fired up my desire for a racing drone. Given its comparable performance with an analog image transmission when the delay is within 28ms, I purchased one recently. I once got a CC3D flight controller and F3. But now, the F4 and F7 have come into the market! So, I bought a HobbyWing F4 flight controller stack and the TransTEC Laser frame recommend by the DJI Store. The main reason to choose this product is that with the recommended PID, I don’t have to adjust it by myself. The mounting process is very smooth.

Here are the items in the box. Compared with the HobbyWing Race 2306 motor, the 220mm frame package is a lot smaller compared to the one with the wheelbase of 250mm that I used before. It surprised me a lot when I opened it.
1.jpg
The arm, 3D printed pieces, and the package of screws are simple. The carbon board was vacuum packed.
2.jpg
The picture for all the parts is shown below. Let’s see the details. The 3D printed pieces are a bit rough, but it’s ok. With my 3D printer, I can print other preferred colors. 3.png
4.jpg
(Other detailed pictures are the 3D printed pieces, 7075 aluminum rod, and a close-up view of the arm thickness.)

Personally, I feel that the 220mm wheelbase frame fits both a 4S 1300mah or 4S 1500mah battery. A 5mm carbon fiber board (6mm for the new generation) is used for the arm, which is crash-resistant.
5.jpg
Next, let’s assemble the drone. Fix the motor on each arm. It is recommended not to cut the wire short at a random point. After the four-in-one ESC and the motor are installed, align the welding position and cut the wire. The ESCs’ direction can be adjusted by the configurator. Unlike before, when you had to adjust the sequence of two wires in the event of wrong wiring, the wiring here depends on you. The golden 12.9mm screw is nice when used with the frame. During assembly, pay attention to the arm thickness. Do not eject the screw against the coil inside. Use the washer provided with the motor at the bottom of the arm.
6.jpg
You can accomplish the flight controller assembly and wire welding in one sitting. I have to say that it is quite easy to assemble this Air Unit, which integrates the remote controller receiver and the video transmission system’s transmitter. You just need to connect the 6PIN cable. The Mamba or HobbyWing flight controller comes with a 9V or 10V output, which can directly supply power to the video transmission module.
7.jpg
8.png
9.jpg
The middle height of the frame is just right to stack the video transmission module. The antenna holder is practical, which can protect the antenna in the event of crash, particularly the fragile connector where the antenna is connected to the video transmission module. The antenna holder mounted above the frame is also positioned just right to protect this fragile part.
10.jpg
The pictures below are two static photos of the drone out on the field after assembly.
11.png
12.png

2019-8-26
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Awesome info - thanks again
2019-8-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Freefly-FPV. These information about how to install the TransTEC Laser Frame and Drone Modulesis amazing. Great work and thank you for sharing.
2019-8-26
Use props
David Martin Graff
Captain
Flight distance : 84805085 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nicely done - thanks again for sharing!
2019-8-26
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain