4468 3 2019-8-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Freefly-FPV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 600892 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

1. What can I do if the OSD data cannot be read after the Air Unit and the flight controller are welded?

First, check the port that the OSD RX&TX is welded on. If it is welded on TX3&RX3, you need to open the corresponding port information in the betaflight configurator. For details, refer to betaflight flight controller configurator tutorials. There is another case. The Air Unit HDL port has been welded on the flight controller S.BUS, and the OSD RX&TX have been welded on the TX1&RX1. In this case, you need to re-weld them. You can weld the OSD RX&TX on TX3&RX3 or TX6&RX6, and reset corresponding ports on the configurator.

2. What can I do if the stick movement data cannot be read on the configurator after the Air Unit and the flight controller are welded?

Inspection process recommended:

1. Check whether the Air Unit HDL has been welded on the S.Bus port, and whether the Air Unit OSD RX&TX has been welded on TX1&RX1. As the S.BUS shares the UART1 serial port, if you have welded the HDL on the S.Bus, do not weld the OSD RX&TX on the TX1&RX1.

2. Check whether the port setting has been enabled based on wiring.
1.png
3. If the battery information cannot be seen on the DJI FPV Goggles’ interface, but the image transmission system is operable and the drone is controllable. What can I do?
The reason might be that the OSD information has not yet been transmitted. For solution, refer to Question 1.

4. I cannot see the remote controller’s stick movement on the DJI FPV Goggles’ parameter interface, and cannot see the square moving with the switch in the function mode page.
The reason might be that the OSD information has not yet been transmitted or the remote controller port has not been set correctly. For solution, refer to Question 1.

5. What can I do if the motor rotation is not consistent with the one on the betaflight Configurator page?
When a betaflight ESC is used, you can use the betaflight Configurator to adjust the direction. When the DJI Snail Racing Propulsion System, use DJI assistant 2 to adjust the direction. When other ESCs are used, you have to correct the direction by exchanging the motor wire connections.

6. How can I distinguish the propeller direction?

You can distinguish the direction of propeller based on its thickness or pneumatic direction. As shown below, as the side marked with a red arrow is thicker than the other side, the propeller rotates clockwise. Otherwise, the propeller rotates anticlockwise.
2.png
7. Which components should I check before flying the racing drones?
The inspection is divided into three fields: battery, hardware, and software.
Batteries:
a) Check the battery level of the racing drone.
b) Check the battery level of the DJI FPV Goggles.
c) Check the battery level of the remote controller.
d) Check the battery level of the high power battery.
e) Check the battery level of the camera.
f) Check the battery level of the power bank
Check the battery levels of the above components before departure. To have a good fly, all of them need to be fully charged.
Hardware:
a) Check whether all screws on the drone are tightened.
b) Check whether the camera is attached firmly.
The main purpose is to check whether all parts of the drone are installed firmly to avoid unnecessary vibration and crash.
Software:
a) Check the SD card memory.
b) Check the drone firmware.
c) Check the mapping of the drone switches.
d) Check the drone’s PID parameters.
e) Check the accelerometer.
f) Check the remote controller’s stick movement.
g) Check the firmware of the FPV Air Unit, DJI FPV Goggles and remote controller.

8. What accessories are recommended for flight?
Tools:
a) Spare propellers
b) Screwdriver
c) Plastic Tie Strap
d) Double-sided adhesive
e) Motor holder
f)  Tightening sleeve or other tools for tightening the propeller nuts
g) Stool or ground mat
h) Sun-protection equipment
i)  Mosquito repellent
Power supply:
j) Charger
k) High power battery

2019-8-26
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wow - great level of info
2019-8-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Freefly-FPV. Thank you for sharing these Frequently Asked Questions of FPV System. These thread is very informative. Great work and thank you for your support.
2019-8-26
Use props
fanscf933112
lvl.1

Uruguay

Buenas tardes. Quería consultar respecto a la cámara FPV del Drone MAtrice 210 V2.
1)= Es posible mover la misma.
2) que controles es necesario para ejecutarlo.
2019-9-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules