2764 9 2019-8-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gsfgsr
lvl.1
Flight distance : 200144 ft
Spain

Hello everyone!

I'm new here and I hope I'm posting in the right place.

I have a Mavic Air fly more combo. The 3 batteries are nice and usually enough.

But when I go somewhere far from any plug, for hiking or camping, 3 batteries are not enough. So I was looking for some way to charge the batteries with a powerbank (I have 2 20.000mah, that could charge the Mavic batteries a bunch of times) but I don't find any way to connect them to the Mavic batteries

I only found some third party car chargers (that don't solve my issue) and that don't look very trustable...

I have been looking for some solution but I didn't get any information. Am I the only person looking for some way to charge the batteries with a USB device? Any solution or idea?

Thanks
2019-8-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day gsfgsr. Thank you for reaching out. I hope that our valued DJI co pilots can share their suggestion with regards to your query. Just a friendly reminder that DJI do not recommend using a powerbank or a 3rd party devices to charge your DJI Mavic Air. These 3rd party devices might affect the drone or its intelligent flight battery. Actually, there is a possibility that these 3rd party accessories or devices will be able work in charging the battery of your DJI Mavic Air. However, since it's not yet optimized and tested by DJI we cannot guaranteed the stability of the said 3rd party accessory if it will work all the time with no issues. Thank you.
2019-8-26
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The only way to remotely charge the batteries is via a car charger.
2019-8-26
Use props
gsfgsr
lvl.1
Spain

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-26 12:00
Hello and good day gsfgsr. Thank you for reaching out. I hope that our valued DJI co pilots can share their suggestion with regards to your query. Just a friendly reminder that DJI do not recommend using a powerbank or a 3rd party devices to charge your DJI Mavic Air. These 3rd party devices might affect the drone or its intelligent flight battery. Actually, there is a possibility that these 3rd party accessories or devices will be able work in charging the battery of your DJI Mavic Air. However, since it's not yet optimized and tested by DJI we cannot guaranteed the stability of the said 3rd party accessory if it will work all the time with no issues. Thank you.

Thank you.

I completely agree. The batteries are very important, so I don't want to use any accessories  that are not official or trusted

So maybe I shall change my question... Is DJI thinking on providing us some way to charge the batteries with a USB power supply? I think it would be very useful
2019-8-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

You are very much welcome gsfgsr. You are definitely correct that the intelligent flight batteries of your drone should be well maintained. As of the moment we do not have any information with regards to this inquiry. In addition let me forward this thread/information to the designated DJI department for further development of DJI Mavic Air and it's accessories. Thank you for your valued support. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2019-8-27
Use props
pinkmenprints
lvl.4
Singapore

Also looking for such solutions. Bookmarked for updates
2019-8-27
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

pinkmenprints Posted at 8-27 18:20
Also looking for such solutions. Bookmarked for updates

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. You may refer to the explanation of DJI Stephen on post #2 about using third-party accessories to charge your batteries. Thank you for understanding.
2019-8-28
Use props
gsfgsr
lvl.1
Spain

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-27 10:53
You are very much welcome gsfgsr. You are definitely correct that the intelligent flight batteries of your drone should be well maintained. As of the moment we do not have any information with regards to this inquiry. In addition let me forward this thread/information to the designated DJI department for further development of DJI Mavic Air and it's accessories. Thank you for your valued support. Have a safe and a happy flying always.

Thank you very much.

I look forward to have some news about battery chargers
2019-8-29
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

gsfgsr Posted at 8-29 13:42
Thank you very much.

No USB power bank will be able to supply tremendous current at the voltage required to charge smart DJI drone batteries, period. You'll need a huge customized bank, way too heavy to carry on a hike. The best solution is to invest in extra batteries ...
2019-8-30
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

gsfgsr Posted at 8-29 13:42
Thank you very much.

You are very much welcome gsfgsr and thank you for your support.
2019-8-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules