Ruined by dji
1612 32 2019-8-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Floyd-Mavic2
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I have a mavic air 4 months old   it suddenly developed a problem whic i sentbot nack to dji and they replaced it with another faulty mavic air so i returned and got another faulty one, so i returned and got another faulty one now they have it back for a forth time   im now looking for contact   email of frank wang if anyone can help
2019-8-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Floyd-Mavic2, we are terribly sorry or the unpleasant experience with our repair center, this is never the service we've expected. Your case is following up by our higher-level team and we will do our best to get it solved. Our supervisor will keep you updated, please wait patiently, thank you.
2019-8-26
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

What's the fault you're seeing ?
2019-8-26
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Four faulty MA's?? What problems are you experiencing?
2019-8-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

A J Posted at 8-26 23:22
Four faulty MA's?? What problems are you experiencing?

Im betting connection issues.
2019-8-27
Use props
Gimpy
lvl.4
United States

After four drones and given the content of the original post, I'm betting pilot error.

None of us has Frank Wang's email address, and even if we did, do you think we'd share it publicly? And even if we did that, do you really think he personally would look into the complaints of one irate Mavic Air customer?

Instead of pretending that you're going to get the boss's boss's boss's boss's boss involved (which you and we all know isn't going to happen), I suggest working with them to figure out what's going on, work with the people here asking you for specifics of the problem(s) you've run into, or better yet, do both. Chances are there's a solution for whatever problem(s) you've run into, but nobody can help you unless they know what trouble you're having.
2019-8-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

Gimpy Posted at 8-27 02:33
After four drones and given the content of the original post, I'm betting pilot error.

None of us has Frank Wang's email address, and even if we did, do you think we'd share it publicly? And even if we did that, do you really think he personally would look into the complaints of one irate Mavic Air customer?

Politely emailing the CEO of these companies does sometimes work, but the cases are few and far between.
2019-8-27
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 8-27 02:45
Politely emailing the CEO of these companies does sometimes work, but the cases are few and far between.

I don't think Mr Wang will be sitting on a PC responding to customer complaints - I certainly wouldn't be with a few billion in the bank lol - no doubt an escalated executive complaint can help though but four faulty drones in succession... mmmmm
2019-8-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Have you tried reading the manual, I’m certain that’s the first question Frank Wang will ask.

You might have saved yourself a lot of time if you posted the problem here, it must be like winning the lottery to receive 4 faulty drones in a row .
2019-8-27
Use props
Floyd-Mavic2
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Gimpy Posted at 8-27 02:33

None of us has Frank Wang's email address, and even if we did, do you think we'd share it publicly? And even if we did that, do you really think he personally would look into the complaints of one irate Mavic Air customer?

No its not pilot error Gimp, i have a mavic pro and ive built and flown drones for years  im getting faulty refurbs back, simple
2019-8-27
Use props
Floyd-Mavic2
lvl.2
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 8-27 04:54
Have you tried reading the manual, I’m certain that’s the first question Frank Wang will ask.

You might have saved yourself a lot of time if you posted the problem here, it must be like winning the lottery to receive 4 faulty drones in a row .

Obviously the comments im getting here are from people who think they are experts, but to be honest you do sound like dji tech support , simple minded.    Just to clarify i even posted you tube videos of the drones showing the faults,  each return had a different fault and maybe a lesser experienced pilot would not have noticed the faults and lived with it....not me
2019-8-27
Use props
Gimpy
lvl.4
United States

Floyd-Mavic2 Posted at 8-27 11:39
No its not pilot error Gimp, i have a mavic pro and ive built and flown drones for years  im getting faulty refurbs back, simple

If you're that confident that it's a product failure then why not describe the symptoms here instead of lashing out at people? Or do you just plan to wait until someone gives up Frank Wang's email address?

P.S. Oh, wait: you have both an Air and a Mavic Pro? Well, that changes everything; I'm sure Frank is racing back to his desk to help you out as we speak, so just hang in there.

2019-8-27
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

not that this will get you literally anywhere other then in a big circle:  admin@dji.com
if you wouldnt mind telling us whathappened maybe offering video/logs anything to show us so we can be on the same page, alot of us here have experance with many of these, i know i had a mavic air and love/hate relationship.  
2019-8-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Floyd-Mavic2 Posted at 8-27 11:45
Obviously the comments im getting here are from people who think they are experts, but to be honest you do sound like dji tech support , simple minded.    Just to clarify i even posted you tube videos of the drones showing the faults,  each return had a different fault and maybe a lesser experienced pilot would not have noticed the faults and lived with it....not me

Your sounding more ridiculous the more you post.

Let’s hear what the problem is, otherwise you asking for the replies your getting. If your just hear for a Rant make that clear in your OP or header, your not dealing with a bunch of clairvoyant’s here.
2019-8-27
Use props
Floyd-Mavic2
lvl.2
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 8-27 12:11
Your sounding more ridiculous the more you post.

Let’s hear what the problem is, otherwise you asking for the replies your getting. If your just hear for a Rant make that clear in your OP or header, your not dealing with a bunch of clairvoyant’s here.

Who do you think your talking to ahole
2019-8-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Floyd-Mavic2 Posted at 8-27 12:26
Who do you think your talking to ahole

Well I think your post says a lot more about you than me.

“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

So long
2019-8-27
Use props
djiuser_IJ7oTXK2Xt8l
lvl.2

United States

I'm Frank Wang. How can I be of service to you?

Don't be fooled by this ordinary-looking user name. I often go undercover to find out what's really going on in my company.

If you'd feel more comfortable communicating via email, you can reach me at support@dji.com. I may use a different name when you do, but trust me when I say that it will really be me (Frank Wang) helping you out, and the same is true if you prefer to use a chat session.
2019-8-27
Use props
1Eagle
Second Officer
Flight distance : 290348 ft
United States

djiuser_IJ7oTXK2Xt8l Posted at 8-27 12:36

Don't be fooled by this ordinary-looking user name. I often go undercover to find out what's really going on in my company.

LOL, priceless
2019-8-27
Use props
Floyd-Mavic2
lvl.2
United Kingdom

djiuser_IJ7oTXK2Xt8l Posted at 8-27 12:36

Don't be fooled by this ordinary-looking user name. I often go undercover to find out what's really going on in my company.

Just what i was expecting lol
2019-8-27
Use props
Floyd-Mavic2
lvl.2
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 8-27 12:34
Well I think your post says a lot more about you than me.

Close the door on your way out
2019-8-27
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

"No, you close the door"
2019-8-28
Use props
Floyd-Mavic2
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Flycaster Posted at 8-28 07:05
"No, you close the door"

Update today, yes they found yet another fault with the one they sent and they are now sending a new sealed one
2019-8-28
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You know, when you mentioned that they kept sending refurbs, it was at that point when i thought, hes not liking refurbs being sent in place so hes finding fault and pestering support until they finally give in and it looks like your plan works, well done!
2019-8-28
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm glad I read this thread. I needed a good laugh.
2019-8-28
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

so ridiculous., inb4 finds same mystery "fault" that he refuses to detail to us on the new sealed in box unit.  the mavic air has a lot of "faults"  about as many "faults as it does charm.    i mean my experience was very much a love/hate relationship and i purchased my mavic air brand new.  

meanwhile i happily purchased a refurbished mavic 2 pro and i am very happy with it it.   if it didn't have refurbished sticker on the box and someone gave it to me as a gift, i wouldn't been able to tell it apart from new. absolutely flawless, spotless, and flies and operates perfectly!  as expected..
2019-8-28
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Google search returns Pagan Research! having his email address simply as frank.wang@dji.com
2019-8-28
Use props
Floyd-Mavic2
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 8-28 18:30
You know, when you mentioned that they kept sending refurbs, it was at that point when i thought, hes not liking refurbs being sent in place so hes finding fault and pestering support until they finally give in and it looks like your plan works, well done!

Dont be a dhead
2019-8-29
Use props
R&L Aerial photography
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

HereForTheBeer Posted at 8-27 12:05
not that this will get you literally anywhere other then in a big circle:  admin@dji.com
if you wouldnt mind telling us whathappened maybe offering video/logs anything to show us so we can be on the same page, alot of us here have experance with many of these, i know i had a mavic air and love/hate relationship.

I did receive 3 faulty phantom 4 advance but a couple of issues that I had were later corrected through firmware updates, I had know way of knowing, at the time the issues would be resolved.
2019-8-29
Use props
Floyd-Mavic2
lvl.2
United Kingdom

R&L Aerial photography Posted at 8-29 03:52
I did receive 3 faulty phantom 4 advance but a couple of issues that I had were later corrected through firmware updates, I had know way of knowing, at the time the issues would be resolved.

Yes it does happen, refurbs are repaired faulty drones which more often than not have more than one fault.

On all 4 occasions when i sent the drone back their rngineers report showed faults were found.

This last one had a bent motor arm which made it spin round
2019-8-29
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

Floyd-Mavic2 Posted at 8-29 07:47
Yes it does happen, refurbs are repaired faulty drones which more often than not have more than one fault.

On all 4 occasions when i sent the drone back their rngineers report showed faults were found.

"This last one had a bent motor arm which made it spin round"

I have to call BS on this one.

You can take a Mavpro arm and launch it with one of the arms slightly folded. It will still hover as the flight controller will compensate for the misdirected thrust vector.
My Hex will do the same thing, I can fold one of the arms in, and it will still hover, and even fly as commanded. The flight controllers are a wonderful thing (when all is working correctly).
The only thing that will make it spin (if flight controller et all are working) is the props are spinning in the opposite direction required for that motor location, or somehow the props are misinstalled.
Period.
2019-8-29
Use props
ScanDrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1026260 ft
United States

Sometimes I wonder if some people post BS threads/replies just to get points in the forum? Like my reply now will give me 2 points... just saying.... I wish this forum was only used for the community to help fellow pilots out, not bashing out in some childish fight...
2019-8-29
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

Yeah, this thread did take a turn...
2019-8-29
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>