17360 47 2019-8-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Labros Nicolaras
lvl.4
Flight distance : 486053 ft
Cyprus

good evening ladies and gentlemen,
I have tried to fly at night time where there is no light or very little.  My drone said that due to very light condition sensors will not be activated and gps signal will not be active so drone can not return home automatic.

Is this normal for night flights with very low or zero light conditions?

if i will install the pgytech light set at my drone then i can fly with the drone at night ? and if so is this will affect my photos and videos ? due to led lights coming from behind of the camera ?

as always THANK YOU in advance by helping me.

maxresdefault.jpg
2019-8-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. Yes, the vision system may not work properly due to the lighting condition of the environment. Therefore, we would recommend flying in the daytime to prevent the incident. Using third-party light accessory can't be determined what would be the outcome and if that would affect your video recording or photos. We're hoping that you could get the best recommendation that you may need. Thank you for your support.
2019-8-26
Use props
Labros Nicolaras
lvl.4
Cyprus

DJI Tony Posted at 8-26 08:27
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. Yes, the vision system may not work properly due to the lighting condition of the environment. Therefore, we would recommend flying in the daytime to prevent the incident. Using third-party light accessory can't be determined what would be the outcome and if that would affect your video recording or photos. We're hoping that you could get the best recommendation that you may need. Thank you for your support.

thank you for your guidance
2019-8-26
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Cool set up
2019-8-26
Use props
Labros Nicolaras
lvl.4
Cyprus

A J Posted at 8-26 23:11
Cool set up

I am thinking to buy it extensions and led lights. But I am afraid of the footage. Moreover I want to fly at night. Here in Cyprus no restrictions
2019-8-27
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Labros Nicolaras Posted at 8-27 00:30
I am thinking to buy it extensions and led lights. But I am afraid of the footage. Moreover I want to fly at night. Here in Cyprus no restrictions

Thy will certainly help in night flying
2019-8-27
Use props
Labros Nicolaras
lvl.4
Cyprus

A J Posted at 8-27 03:08
Thy will certainly help in night flying

i have tried without them but there is no gps and the mavic 2 pro is flying without any sensor activated which scares me but i think i will try with high altitude photo of streets with lights and cars.
2019-8-27
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Labros Nicolaras Posted at 8-27 03:46
i have tried without them but there is no gps and the mavic 2 pro is flying without any sensor activated which scares me but i think i will try with high altitude photo of streets with lights and cars.

Always aim to fly with a GPS lock/homelock on the map prior to takeoff
2019-8-27
Use props
Labros Nicolaras
lvl.4
Cyprus

A J Posted at 8-27 06:57
Always aim to fly with a GPS lock/homelock on the map prior to takeoff

noted Captain
2019-8-27
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You'll soon appreciate it if you ever lose signal
2019-8-27
Use props
Labros Nicolaras
lvl.4
Cyprus

can't imagine to loose signal,,, I will be terrified
2019-8-27
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Labros Nicolaras Posted at 8-26 15:23
thank you for your guidance

It's my pleasure to assist you. Should you have further concerns, please keep us posted. Thank you!
2019-8-27
Use props
Miro Perez
lvl.4
Flight distance : 25374 ft
United States

Looks cool
2019-8-30
Use props
Jimis.M
lvl.3
Flight distance : 754705 ft
Cyprus

Hello,

Using third-party light accessory wont make your drone fly like it is day time it may help for upclose capture but dont expect miracles. It really makes the M2P look loke a badass but take a look at YouTube for relevant videos just to check if you are pleased with the wuality before makeing any purcase.

As for the sensors and GPS it is normal to be disabled during night fligt.

Hope it helps.
2019-8-31
Use props
Labros Nicolaras
lvl.4
Cyprus

Jimis.M Posted at 8-31 12:20
Hello,

Using third-party light accessory wont make your drone fly like it is day time it may help for upclose capture but dont expect miracles. It really makes the M2P look loke a badass but take a look at YouTube for relevant videos just to check if you are pleased with the wuality before makeing any purcase.

tested and didn't like it finally cause without sensors and gps I am afraid
2019-9-1
Use props
Jimis.M
lvl.3
Cyprus

Labros Nicolaras Posted at 9-1 09:37
tested and didn't like it finally cause without sensors and gps I am afraid

If I may a solution that worked for me is to crete a custum way point at daytime and fly again at night.
You have to be carefull though with your local regulations. In some countries is forbitten to fly at night
2019-9-2
Use props
Labros Nicolaras
lvl.4
Cyprus

Jimis.M Posted at 9-2 06:13
If I may a solution that worked for me is to crete a custum way point at daytime and fly again at night.
You have to be carefull though with your local regulations. In some countries is forbitten to fly at night

excellent idea, I will try . thank you!!!
2019-9-2
Use props
stewh
New

I must be missing something here, but I don't understand why GPS wouldn't work at night?

Stewart
2019-9-3
Use props
Labros Nicolaras
lvl.4

stewh Posted at 9-3 03:14
I must be missing something here, but I don't understand why GPS wouldn't work at night?

me too it is very strange
2019-9-6
Use props
Negus
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11424 ft

nice setup
2019-9-15
Use props
Syed Talha
lvl.1

Thanks.......
2019-9-16
Use props
Syed Talha
lvl.1

Thanks for your Guidance
2019-9-16
Use props
TTP
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3002054 ft

stewh Posted at 9-3 03:14

The GPS work, but the software in DJI Go 4, keeps track of the timeline, if the drone is in the night, no cordinates is calculated for the drone, save DJI from a lot of cases where the pilot made misstake and then  claimed it was the drone fault.
Thats my teory.
2019-9-23
Use props
DJDudu
lvl.4
Flight distance : 102631 ft

Interesting setup. Fingers crossed!
2019-9-23
Use props
cctvhikvision
New

Hi
I'm thinking of making a drone (Quad or hexa) sprayer
But since I was first employed and new to this world and just a programmer, I would rather get advice on buying parts and tasks.
Druid friends can lift 5 liters and fly for 20 to 30 minutes
Of course, I think it's a bit heavy, though the engines I've seen have a high truster, and of course, a very good price and a flying period. I think it's a lot like a battery drone (especially that I thought of the 3rd pillar rescue and the camera and GPS, which I bought the online store for it)

Please contact the friends in this area for further information

1- Quad or Hexa
2. What is the motor model?
3. What battery and a few tubes
4. What is the control plane (I do not really want to work, just GPS, speed, and direction. Of course, half the OSD will do it if I connect to Falayet)
5 - If there is something small, please also
2019-9-23
Use props
AlansDronePics
First Officer
Flight distance : 814751 ft

Labros Nicolaras Posted at 8-27 10:59
can't imagine to loose signal,,, I will be terrified

The time to plan what to do when you lose signal is before the flight, not during.
So, what would you do if you lost signal?
2019-9-29
Use props
AlansDronePics
First Officer

I didn't know that gps won't work at night. I actually don't understand why it doesn't. Perhaps someone can explain.
Apart from that, if gps isn't working at night, how can waypoints work?
2019-9-29
Use props
AlansDronePics
First Officer

I didn't know that gps won't work at night. I actually don't understand why it doesn't. Perhaps someone can explain.
2019-9-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>

Yes, sensors won't work as well as some of them rely on vision.
Note that at night you don't want any light emitting from your drone.
That will give nasty haze when there is anything in the sky that will reflect your light.
(that is the reason the front LED's will go out when you press record)
2019-9-30
Use props
Dimitrios M
lvl.3

AlansDronePics Posted at 9-29 12:46

The GPS works at night.
The vision system doesnt work due to the lack of light.

Also the Home Point works great but you dont have the pricise landing aveliable due to the lack of light

Safe flights
2019-10-1
Use props
akozc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2019951 ft

A J Posted at 8-27 06:57
Always aim to fly with a GPS lock/homelock on the map prior to takeoff

Aj  can you please give further detail how to do GPS lock /home lock ,
I know setting the RTH before take off and after hovered few meters then set/check again but I am null about GPS Lock home lock  and like to know more...
2019-10-6
Use props
akozc
Second Officer

dont know how come , but your drone  front sensors looks  like eyes of the amazed E-wall  may be just because of the reflection
2019-10-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>

akozc Posted at 10-6 02:42
I know setting the RTH before take off and after hovered few meters then set/check again but I am null about GPS Lock home lock  and like to know more...

The drone does this automatically when it has decent GPS reception.
After a few seconds being ON it should get that.
If you are outside of course (can't get good GPS signal indoor)
2019-10-7
Use props
mcbutler
lvl.1

Why is GPS disabled at night??
2019-10-7
Use props
akozc
Second Officer

Montfrooij Posted at 10-7 11:09
The drone does this automatically when it has decent GPS reception.
After a few seconds being ON it should get that.
If you are outside of course (can't get good GPS signal indoor)

Ohh.. I see , thanks a lot
so at least >=14  satellites  and/or  4 bars on the GPS signal is locked before take the flight?
2019-10-7
Use props
izotop
lvl.4
Flight distance : 388763 ft

Dimitrios M Posted at 10-1 00:18
The GPS works at night.
The vision system doesnt work due to the lack of light.

doesn't led on m2p belly, for example, light on automatically (if it's on in the settings) during lift on on landings? i think it's bright enough (imo, is very strong for its size) , to do that.
2019-10-8
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>

akozc Posted at 10-6 02:42

Wait for sats to build - then GPS coordinates will auto set with the homepoint recorded on the map in the event of failsafe RTH being initiated due to signal loss.
2019-10-8
Use props
CoollyMcAwesome
lvl.4
Flight distance : 274829 ft

you should have gps at night, maybe your location? I can fly at night with gps is no problem in fact, I get more satelite at night than in the day. Maybe the sensor is tied in somehow?? Disable them and see if you get sat/gps. Like a few posted it's kinda weird why you would not get gps. Check the website heavens above, you can check satelite over flight over your area. I have flown P3Std, P3Pro and Spark at night with gps, only thing is the P3pro and Spark have their downward ultrasonic sensor disabled, those I don't think they should make a difference, maybe on yours, but that would be kinda odd.
2019-10-8
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>

akozc Posted at 10-7 20:23
Ohh.. I see , thanks a lot
so at least >=14  satellites  and/or  4 bars on the GPS signal is locked before take the flight?

I'm not that exact, but when the bars are white you should have enough
2019-10-8
Use props
DaveHaz
lvl.4

just curious, what does GPS have to do with night or day?   How do planes fly and google maps work at night, if GPS is affected by the lack of light?
2019-10-9
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules