I cannot get entire video to download from drone to remote or CPU
1451 11 2019-8-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Monsterzero
lvl.1
United States

Anyone experience this issue? I recorded a short video (5:21mins.) on my Phantom 4 Pro+ V.2 and can play it, on my remote's screen, in it's entirety, when I am connected to the drone.But, even after I downloaded the entire video to my remote, and disconnect from the drone, the video shows up in my albums page, but will only play from the begining and freeze at the 2:20 min mark.
I am able to advance the video manually, using my finger on the scroll bar at the bottom of the screen. It's only starts to play again, at the 4:38 mark until the end of the video.

I even tried to re-download the video, by deleting the copy I had on the remote. But even after the video downloaded, I still had the "freeze" problem at the same start & stop point.
Ultimately, I wanted to download this video to my computer, so I could create a video project, that I wanted to make, of my vacation. Interestingly, the other videos on the same SD card that were recorded during my vacation, are recognized and downloadable to my CPU, but this one always gets an error meesage displayed.
The part I cannot figure out, is why can I see the video in it's entirety on my remote, when connected to the drone, but I cannot download it, without encoutering a freeze section in the video.
Any guidance would be appreciated.
2019-8-26
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

How are you downloading the video clip? The only real way is to remove the SD card from the aircraft, insert it into a computer and copy the clip onto the computer's HDD. The version you see on your phone or tablet is a poor quality, 720p copy of the actual video clip.
2019-8-26
Use props
Monsterzero
lvl.1
United States

Geebax Posted at 8-26 14:57
How are you downloading the video clip? The only real way is to remove the SD card from the aircraft, insert it into a computer and copy the clip onto the computer's HDD. The version you see on your phone or tablet is a poor quality, 720p copy of the actual video clip.

Thanks for the reply. As I had mentioned, every time I've pulled the SD card and tried to download it to my computer, I get an error message from the "movie maker" program that I'm using to create the video project.
Even more frustrating is the fact that the other videos, on the same SD card, are easily accessible to load onto my computer.
2019-8-26
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Monsterzero Posted at 8-26 15:33
Thanks for the reply. As I had mentioned, every time I've pulled the SD card and tried to download it to my computer, I get an error message from the "movie maker" program that I'm using to create the video project.
Even more frustrating is the fact that the other videos, on the same SD card, are easily accessible to load onto my computer.

It sounds like the copy of the clip on your SD card may be corrupt. Try copying it to the computer, not 'importing' it via MovieMaker. Then try playing the clip using VLCPlayer (its free). Using the import function means that if Moviemaker can't deal with the file, then the import fails.
2019-8-26
Use props
Monsterzero
lvl.1
United States

Geebax Posted at 8-26 15:43
It sounds like the copy of the clip on your SD card may be corrupt. Try copying it to the computer, not 'importing' it via MovieMaker. Then try playing the clip using VLCPlayer (its free). Using the import function means that if Moviemaker can't deal with the file, then the import fails.

So, why do you think the video would display completely when I'm connected to the drone, but not when I try and download it to the remote?

2019-8-26
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Monsterzero Posted at 8-26 15:51
So, why do you think the video would display completely when I'm connected to the drone, but not when I try and download it to the remote?

Because they are two seperate entities. What you are looking at on the phone is a lower resolution, lower bit-rate copy of the clip, whereas the one on the SD card is the original high-resolution version.
2019-8-26
Use props
Mark Weiss
Second Officer
United States

If you're trying to open the  file in a free app like Movie Maker, it is likely the app doesn't support the advanced compression CODEC. You need a real editor, like DaVinci Resolve Studio or Adobe Premiere Pro.
2019-8-26
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Czechia

Mark Weiss Posted at 8-26 17:15
If you're trying to open the  file in a free app like Movie Maker, it is likely the app doesn't support the advanced compression CODEC. You need a real editor, like DaVinci Resolve Studio or Adobe Premiere Pro.

Sorry ... Movie Maker Live and MS is fully capable to load / edit these videos.

As Geebax says - there are two videos ... the low res and the high res versions.

I also agree that the worst way to download the high res video on the Drone is via cable to the drone. Best is to copy direct from the SD card via a card reader to the computer and then edit / view from the computer hard drive.
2019-8-27
Use props
Jimis.M
lvl.3
Flight distance : 754705 ft
Cyprus

Hello,

Best way to get the high res video is to copy direct from the SD card via a card reader to the computer and then edit / view from the computer hard drive.
2019-8-31
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

I created a new folder on my hard drive to hold all of my 4K videos and high res pics.

RedHotPoker

2019-8-31
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 8-31 18:07
I created a new folder on my hard drive to hold all of my 4K videos and high res pics.

RHP..................you need to update your flying distance!!

165, xxx ft ?   C'mon man!!  You have MORE friends than flying feets.... ;-)
2019-8-31
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

rwynant V1 Posted at 8-31 21:35
RHP..................you need to update your flying distance!!

165, xxx ft ?   C'mon man!!  You have MORE friends than flying feets.... ;-)

Yeah, we stopped the cache, uploading flights, to store their info.

Thanks for your friendship & participating on the forum. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2019-8-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules