Various MavProPlatinum Software Issues
548 7 2019-8-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NaiB
lvl.1
Australia

Hi all - complete newbee to drones here and have a few questions I can't find answers to in the published docs.
After originally updating brand new drone Mav Pro Platinum to the latest firmware a week ago for controller/Mav on my laptop and having previously fully charged all 3 new new batteries I conducted short flights to run down the Controller and Mav to around 75%/50%(?), then short break and fully recharged both:

Q1 does each individual battery need to be updated to the "new firmware" each time it is used which hadn't been used since the previous update occurred? Older YouTube videos (circa 2017) show that they do (by placing each un-updated battery in Mav in turn to be updated to installed update) but can't see anything confirming you have to do this for each battery for latest update (as of 27th Aug 2019)?

Q2 Following Go4 update to latest software yesterday on my i-phone, is the number of times a battery has been charged reset to zero??? I am fairly certain my second new battery shows that it had not been recharged at all when it had already been recharged once? Is this an issue for Go4 latest update?

Q3 how do I change the individual Custom camera/video values for Contrast, Brightness and Colour styles - I can only change the first logo (Triangle) +/- values but can't select either of the other two logos to set different custom +/- values for both of these last two parameters? Have tried to do so for all, camera & video custom selections?

Hope you can help resolve these issues or at least tell me what I might be doing wrong!
Cheers from Down Under

2019-8-26
Use props
HH1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

I had to update each battery.  Now they all 3 work fine.  Good for you asking questions, and still reading, keep it up.
2019-8-26
Use props
NaiB
lvl.1
Australia

HH1 Posted at 8-26 18:17
I had to update each battery.  Now they all 3 work fine.  Good for you asking questions, and still reading, keep it up.

Thanks for your reply - much appreciated. Is there a specific firmware for updating batteries or is each battery updated using the Mavic  installed firmware  each time an "un-updated" battery is put into the Mavic? Cheers
2019-8-28
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

I don't know, I've never updated anything since I cracked my boxes over 2 years ago.
My bird flies just fine, and no "nagging"...
2019-8-29
Use props
NaiB
lvl.1
Australia

Flycaster Posted at 8-29 07:09
I don't know, I've never updated anything since I cracked my boxes over 2 years ago.
My bird flies just fine, and no "nagging"...

Thanks again mate - I have now sussed out what gives as one of my batteries I hadn't used after the FW update identified inconsistency in FW and saw it update - so now I know how and where to check for this! Again thanks for your comments and cheers.
2019-8-29
Use props
NaiB
lvl.1
Australia

Thanks again mate - I have now sussed out what gives as one of my batteries I hadn't used after the FW update identified inconsistency in FW and saw it update - so now I know how and where to check for this! Again thanks for your comments and cheers.
2019-8-29
Use props
HH1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

NaiB Posted at 8-28 22:22
Thanks for your reply - much appreciated. Is there a specific firmware for updating batteries or is each battery updated using the Mavic  installed firmware  each time an "un-updated" battery is put into the Mavic? Cheers

It did it while I was using "Assistant."  I did it on each battery, but sure can not give details, I was trying to figure out so many things at the time.  Sorry.
2019-8-31
Use props
G_Sig
First Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

To change the values you simply press the value you want to change.

2019-8-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules