Mimo doesn't operate on Galaxy S9
5847 16 2019-8-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
adamw
lvl.2
Israel

I've received my Osmo Mobile 3 yesterday.
Unfortunaly it doesn't operate on Galaxy S9 but clicking M button 3 times rotate the phone from vertival to horizontal orientation.
Nothing else respond to any button on the gimbal.
Big disappointment.
Unable to swith from video to photo because there is no response to touching the screen.
Please help me.

Thanks in advance.

Adam
2019-8-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello Adam, sorry for the difficulties with the Osmo Mobile 3, did you download the latest DJI Mimo? Was the Bluetooth connected properly?
2019-8-27
Use props
adamw
lvl.2
Israel

Thank you.
I'll remove the previous version and re-install again.
I'll let you know.

Adam
2019-8-27
Use props
adamw
lvl.2
Israel

DJI Mindy Posted at 8-27 03:33
Hello Adam, sorry for the difficulties with the Osmo Mobile 3, did you download the latest DJI Mimo? Was the Bluetooth connected properly?

Thank you.
I'll let you know.

Adam
2019-8-27
Use props
Mavic57pro2
First Officer
Flight distance : 3772247 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Works fine on S8+ Android V9. I see no reason why it would not work on a S9.
2019-8-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

adamw Posted at 8-27 04:00
Thank you.
I'll let you know.

Once you re-installed the APP, please try again.
Please note clicking M button 3 times will only make the device enter Sleep Mode, if you would like to rotate the phone from vertical to horizontal orientation, please double click the M button.
2019-8-27
Use props
marctronixx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 210118 ft
  • >>>
United States

The mimo app did NOT work with the note 9. I had a note 9 on this product and can confirm this. However ive since moved on from the note 9 and now ive the note 10+ and its working normally.
2019-8-28
Use props
djiuser_afE9GT4J82iG
lvl.1

I received my DJI Osmo Mobile 3 today  September 4th, 2019 by DHL courier, spent 3 hours install, uninstall, upgrade to lastest firmware. The app hang every time when the Custom Settings appears.
The screen is completely freeze, no response whatsoever, only joystick and M button responsed.
Spent 2 hours chatting with technical support somewhere in the west, no avail.
My phone is Samsung S9 lastest Android security level patch August 1. 2019
Tomorrow, I will bring the Osmo 3 to Authorized Retail/Service Centre on Weston Rd, Vaughan and see what they gonna say.
I will keep posting the results as soon as I find out.
All the drones , Sparks, Mavic Air worked with S9 but the app for OSMO doesn't.
2019-9-4
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>

It's pressing the M button twice to rotate the phone from landscape to portrait and vice versa.
2019-9-4
Use props
fans99597862
New
Flight distance : 344685 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_afE9GT4J82iG Posted at 9-4 16:36
I received my DJI Osmo Mobile 3 today  September 4th, 2019 by DHL courier, spent 3 hours install, uninstall, upgrade to lastest firmware. The app hang every time when the Custom Settings appears.
The screen is completely freeze, no response whatsoever, only joystick and M button responsed.

Hi, DJI User. Please share with us what they said. I have the EXACT problem with Note 10.
Thanks in advance!
2019-9-18
Use props
LukeRO
New
Flight distance : 344685 ft
  • >>>

DJI Mindy Posted at 8-27 03:33

Dear Mindy please help on DJI Mimo issue when used with Mobile 3 on Samsung Note10 / Android 9. The App works fine with Osmo Pocket, but when connected with Mobile 3 it freezes the screen on Custom Settings at Start Tips. Only joystick and M button works, the screen  menu is freezed. Install/Uninstall did not solved the issue. Last update for all, smartphone, gumball, App. Thanks!
2019-9-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

LukeRO Posted at 9-18 09:59
Dear Mindy please help on DJI Mimo issue when used with Mobile 3 on Samsung Note10 / Android 9. The App works fine with Osmo Pocket, but when connected with Mobile 3 it freezes the screen on Custom Settings at Start Tips. Only joystick and M button works, the screen  menu is freezed. Install/Uninstall did not solved the issue. Last update for all, smartphone, gumball, App. Thanks!

Hi LukeRO, sorry for the late response, please ensure that the orientation lock has been disabled, and restore the front size to factory settings or set to the minimized one and relaunch the app to see if this helps.  
2019-9-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_afE9GT4J82iG Posted at 9-4 16:36
The screen is completely freeze, no response whatsoever, only joystick and M button responsed.

Hi there, I'm so sorry for the late response, please check my post in 12#.
If you still have any problem, please reply directly to my message, then I will receive the notification and reply timely, thank you.
2019-9-21
Use props
fans2c661040
lvl.2
Flight distance : 58809 ft

LukeRO Posted at 9-18 09:59
Dear Mindy please help on DJI Mimo issue when used with Mobile 3 on Samsung Note10 / Android 9. The App works fine with Osmo Pocket, but when connected with Mobile 3 it freezes the screen on Custom Settings at Start Tips. Only joystick and M button works, the screen  menu is freezed. Install/Uninstall did not solved the issue. Last update for all, smartphone, gumball, App. Thanks!

Have you solved this yet?
If not you have to change font on phone then you will see a done button
2019-10-15
Use props
fans8e38fe81
lvl.1

Hiya i have galaxy S10 and it is a huge issue it worked perfectly for 2 days and now even though app works and everything connected but it is still blinking with yellow/ to greenish light and not doing the job any more : (
2019-10-15
Use props
djiuser_fNZCHqW8070i
lvl.1
Canada

I just bought an OSMO Mobile 3. Downloaded Mimo app from Google Play directly on 28 October 2019. My phone is Samsung Galaxy S9+, and is currently listed as a supported device.
The app constantly crashes and quits. The Bluetooth connection constantly drops. The app is unusable. I tried to reinstall the app again, and it didn't work. Even with the APK from DJI it has the same crashing and quiting behaviour. Will probably be returning the product for a refund due to unusable interface.
2019-10-28
Use props
djiuser_fNZCHqW8070i
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 9-21 02:40
Hi LukeRO, sorry for the late response, please ensure that the orientation lock has been disabled, and restore the front size to factory settings or set to the minimized one and relaunch the app to see if this helps.  

I just bought an OSMO Mobile 3. Downloaded Mimo app from Google Play directly on 28 October 2019. My phone is Samsung Galaxy S9+, and is currently listed as a supported device.
The app constantly crashes and quits. The Bluetooth connection constantly drops. The app is unusable. I tried to reinstall the app again, and it didn't work. Even with the APK from DJI it has the same crashing and quiting behaviour. Will probably be returning the product for a refund due to unusable interface.
2019-10-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules