PVC decals and IR sensors.
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BGA
lvl.4
United States

I was considering buying this for my kid's Robomaster:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07WLD6VGS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It actually looks nice and my kid would love it, but it seems to me that thing is completelly opaque to IR which would make it not a good idea for the Robomaster unless it actually has roles in all the required places to not cover the IR sensors. I *GUESS* the IR sensors are located in the armor (4 together with the hit detectors) in either side of the blaster (2 where the circular lights are) and 1 in the front of the blaster but I could not find any schematic actually showing them (the ones in the manual are incomplete to say the least). Did any of you actually tried to figure out the exact location of those? What did you come up with?

Thanks in advance.

2019-8-27
Use props
rhoude57 - YUL
lvl.4
Canada

I must admit I am very ambivalent about the skins. They can look good, but it seems to me the many S1 curves, corners and edges can make the final result look not as good as the promo pictures. And, yes, there is the issue of IR transmissivity of the vinyl material. As a result, I will wait for someone else to take the dive and report on actual result (esthetics and performance)...
2019-8-27
Use props
MarkusXL
lvl.4
United States

Yeah I worry about those skin materials either reflecting or absorbing IR so it could throw the game one way or the other. I’d say not recommended for IR battles but probably fine for gel beads.
2019-8-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules