Nikon Z7 + Ronin-S + Atomos Ninja V
5499 10 2019-8-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NikMar
lvl.2
United States

There are at least three threads discussing issues getting the Nikon Z cameras; Atomos Ninja V; and the Ronin-S to work together.  I have put together a video to show how I got all three of these products to work effectivlely.  I am using the Nikon Z7 (firmware version 2.01) on the Ronin-S (firmware version 1.7.0.70)  and recording 10-bit N-log out to the Atomos Ninja V.  The three problems I saw reported on this forum were the inability to:  (a) pull manual focus from the Ronin-S; (b) utilize the Ronin-S record button; and (c) record to an external recorder (i.e. Ninja V) in 10-bit N-log - all at the same time.

Here is the video showing all these features working:

2019-8-27
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Cool video!
2019-8-28
Use props
NikMar
lvl.2
United States

The new Ronin-S firmware v 1.9.0.80 was release this morning.  I applied the update and everything is working as in the video, which was v 1.7.0.70.
2019-8-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

NikMar Posted at 8-28 05:45
The new Ronin-S firmware v 1.9.0.80 was release this morning.  I applied the update and everything is working as in the video, which was v 1.7.0.70.

Good to hear!
2019-8-28
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Thanks for sharing
2019-8-29
Use props
maddox
Captain
Malaysia

Cool video
2019-8-30
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day NikMar. Thank you for sharing this informative video you have created. Great work and thank you for your support.
2019-8-30
Use props
Pixel 6 Media
lvl.1
United States

I just got the Ronin S to use with my Nikon Z7 and Atomos Nija V setup.  I've balanced the Ronin S and gotall 3 "excellent" on the App, then I hooked up the Atomos Ninja V with the Ronin S turned off.  When I turned the Atomos on and the Camera on, those 2 worked fine. Then I turned on the Ronin S and tried to start recording.  The Ninja V went back to a start screen and disengaged connection to the Z7.  The Ronin S and the  Z7 worked together at that point, but minus the Ninja V.  How do I get all 3 to work together?  I'm hoping I've just missed a setting somewhere.   I waited until I got the monitor mount to even try all 3 together. The Ronin S worked fine (movements, focus control, etc) before I attached the Ninja V, so I'm not sure what I need to do.
2020-8-29
Use props
Pixel 6 Media
lvl.1
United States

Hi NikMar,  I have the same setup and am having problems getting the Ninja V to record when using the Ronin S.  I’ve just added the Ronin S, I’ve previously used the Z7 and Ninja V together with no problems.  Here’s a link to what’s happening.  https://youtu.be/nEnRVt-07EY  Any advice you can give would be appreciated..
2020-9-9
Use props
Pixel 6 Media
lvl.1
United States

Pixel 6 Media Posted at 9-9 13:59
Hi NikMar,  I have the same setup and am having problems getting the Ninja V to record when using the Ronin S.  I’ve just added the Ronin S, I’ve previously used the Z7 and Ninja V together with no problems.  Here’s a link to what’s happening.  https://youtu.be/nEnRVt-07EY  Any advice you can give would be appreciated..

Update-  I just updated the firmware on all 3 devices and it seems to work now.  I get to test it out in the morning.
2020-9-9
Use props
NikMar
lvl.2
United States

Pixel 6 Media Posted at 9-9 14:32
Update-  I just updated the firmware on all 3 devices and it seems to work now.  I get to test it out in the morning.

Sorry for the delay - I've been away from the computer for a few days and just now catching up.  Glad to see everything is working.  Keeping up with firmware on multiple devices is a challenge, but good to hear you are up and running....
2020-9-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules