Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
air system module sbus signal not working
11449 17 2019-8-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
julang
lvl.1
Flight distance : 511388 ft
  • >>>
Indonesia

I have purchased dji digital fpv system, I'm activated the product with no problem. I've installed the air unit module on my quad(betaflight 3.x) and test the sbus output before I put top cover frame and it's work perfect. but after finished instal the drone and getting ready for a test run the sbus output is no working, I found my led link status is off. anybody can help me please? is it about overheating issue? but i think i doesn't power on the air system too long during configuration(maybe just about 2 minutes). hope anybody can help me, thank you

2019-8-28
Use props
Charmande
lvl.4
Flight distance : 299459 ft
United States

In Betaflight is your UART enabled as a serial receiver in the PORTS tab? Also check to make sure that SBUS is enabled on the CONNECTION tab. Provided pictures for reference.

config.PNG
Ports.PNG
2019-8-28
Use props
julang
lvl.1
Flight distance : 511388 ft
  • >>>
Indonesia

Charmande Posted at 8-28 20:17
In Betaflight is your UART enabled as a serial receiver in the PORTS tab? Also check to make sure that SBUS is enabled on the CONNECTION tab. Provided pictures for reference.

[view_image] [view_image]

yups, i have been double-checking my serial port and receiver system but the dji air unit still no signal for the sbus. and my linking status led was turn off whenever my air unit is powered on.
2019-9-1
Use props
Charmande
lvl.4
United States

julang Posted at 9-1 19:17
yups, i have been double-checking my serial port and receiver system but the dji air unit still no signal for the sbus. and my linking status led was turn off whenever my air unit is powered on.

Got any other flight controllers you could soldering it to? Maybe test on a different board. Sorry not really sure what else it could be.
2019-9-1
Use props
vannak
lvl.1

i have similar issue, but i don't get the signal from remote even once. i definitely check again and again that i have opened Serial RX, and enable SBUS in receiver tab, but somehow i can only receive signal from air unit to goggle, but no signal from remote to air unit. I watched many videos in youtube about the set instructions, and i believe i did everything right except one. i use power from battery pad directly since there is no 9v output pad on the iFlight SucceX Micro F4 flight controller. is this the issue? if it is then can i use only 5V? however i think it might not the issue here, otherwise air unit would have already burn right?
2019-9-16
Use props
FPV Thailand
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1206775 ft

My receiver isn't working when I select DJI HDL 7ms in the goggles device menu, if I set it to normal it works.
2019-9-16
Use props
Charmande
lvl.4

vannak Posted at 9-16 22:39
i have similar issue, but i don't get the signal from remote even once. i definitely check again and again that i have opened Serial RX, and enable SBUS in receiver tab, but somehow i can only receive signal from air unit to goggle, but no signal from remote to air unit. I watched many videos in youtube about the set instructions, and i believe i did everything right except one. i use power from battery pad directly since there is no 9v output pad on the iFlight SucceX Micro F4 flight controller. is this the issue? if it is then can i use only 5V? however i think it might not the issue here, otherwise air unit would have already burn right?

Replied to you in a different chat but just fyi using the 5V may not work as the air unit requires 7V minimum. You can wire directly to the battery. I've seen youtubers do it and it work. Make sure you sync the remote to the air unit. There's a button on the air unit and buttons you have to hold on the controller to sync them together. Make sure this is accomplished. Video below shows how to accomplish this, even if you have done it ... try redoing it as your first sync may not have worked.

2019-9-17
Use props
vannak
lvl.1

Charmande Posted at 9-17 08:35
Replied to you in a different chat but just fyi using the 5V may not work as the air unit requires 7V minimum. You can wire directly to the battery. I've seen youtubers do it and it work. Make sure you sync the remote to the air unit. There's a button on the air unit and buttons you have to hold on the controller to sync them together. Make sure this is accomplished. Video below shows how to accomplish this, even if you have done it ... try redoing it as your first sync may not have worked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nptTbbWKMZs

yes i made sure of that too...
2019-9-17
Use props
Charmande
lvl.4

vannak Posted at 9-17 17:34
yes i made sure of that too...

You may have a broken air unit. I would get in touch with their customer support ASAP. They have a 15 day return policy so the sooner the better.
2019-9-18
Use props
Albert90
lvl.1

vannak Posted at 9-16 22:39
i have similar issue, but i don't get the signal from remote even once. i definitely check again and again that i have opened Serial RX, and enable SBUS in receiver tab, but somehow i can only receive signal from air unit to goggle, but no signal from remote to air unit. I watched many videos in youtube about the set instructions, and i believe i did everything right except one. i use power from battery pad directly since there is no 9v output pad on the iFlight SucceX Micro F4 flight controller. is this the issue? if it is then can i use only 5V? however i think it might not the issue here, otherwise air unit would have already burn right?

I have exactly the same issue, but with a t motor f4 FC. Any fix by now?
2019-9-29
Use props
helobye
lvl.1
Flight distance : 235653 ft

Albert90 Posted at 9-29 00:23
I have exactly the same issue, but with a t motor f4 FC. Any fix by now?

I had the same experience, No battery reported from the drone, and the controller would not talk to the drone. Ended up being a bad air unit as @Charmande mentioned. Took two weeks to get a new one sent.
2019-10-4
Use props
benjaminfpv
lvl.1

Switzerland

did you figure it out in the end? I just installed the air module on my set up activated did first flight test had to change propellor direction, when restarting the quad the air module decided not to turn on anymore. tried connecting to a direct power supply and still same thing.
2020-4-10
Use props
ninjabird
New

Denmark

I finally solved my similar issue. Was going crazy over it.
I have a OMNIBUSF4SD target and I downgraded FC BF-firmware from 4.2 to 4.0.3 to get any connection.
There is another guide on this forum suggestion to downgrade to a development version.
I couldn't find that version anymore, and I suppose a release version that works is better.

as always in betaflight configurator:
Activated Serial Rx on relevant uart (for me uart 1)
set reciever to serieal
and protocol to SBUS

In googles I set protocol to 'normal'
Im sure it some how can also work with newer protocol, but won't comment on that until that works for me also.
2020-6-16
Use props
Gimbal Golf
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3289062 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

crazy to think that here in June 2022 I am having the same issues. My controller and goggles are both bound to the air unit as I have solid green lights but I have no response in Betaflight to stick inputs when the unit is powered on. Exhausted YouTube videos and Facebook groups, doesn't appear to be much I can do. this was a BNF unit not a self build. IT is second hand and it was working prior to me upgrading to BF 4.3. I also updated the DJI components to their latest revision. That's when everything stopped working
2022-6-20
Use props
fans6fe011d0
lvl.1

United States

ninjabird Posted at 2020-6-16 10:14
I finally solved my similar issue. Was going crazy over it.
I have a OMNIBUSF4SD target and I downgraded FC BF-firmware from 4.2 to 4.0.3 to get any connection.
There is another guide on this forum suggestion to downgrade to a development version.
I have cinelog 35 with frsky receiver.
I decided to change my opentx controller on dji controller and I'm stuck. My goggles see the remote controller but flight controller doesn't see dji controller at all. I tried to change all uarts but no luck. My firmware 4.3. Do you think downgrade will help in my situation? Thanks in advance
2022-12-17
Use props
fans6fe011d0
lvl.1

United States

fans6fe011d0 Posted at 12-17 16:23
I have cinelog 35 with frsky receiver.
I decided to change my opentx controller on dji controller and I'm stuck. My goggles see the remote controller but flight controller doesn't see dji controller at all. I tried to change all uarts but no luck. My firmware 4.3. Do you think downgrade will help in my situation? Thanks in advance

P.S.: Resolved

I went in BF CLI

set serialrx_provider = SBUS
set sbus_baud_fast = ON
save

That's all!
2022-12-19
Use props
djiuser_VpokAtDzuzQV
lvl.1
Flight distance : 89275 ft
  • >>>
United States

Same problem as above with DJI FPV Controller binding and working just fine till it sat for a few days.  Tried to connect again and no go!  None of the cli files on web site work.  They all give errors.  I've not flashed firmware.  So isn't the CLI off website for FC supposed to be fully configured for a BNF DJI 03 AIR UNIT prebuilt??
2023-6-25
Use props
Proper Films

United States

djiuser_VpokAtDzuzQV Posted at 6-25 04:01
Same problem as above with DJI FPV Controller binding and working just fine till it sat for a few days.  Tried to connect again and no go!  None of the cli files on web site work.  They all give errors.  I've not flashed firmware.  So isn't the CLI off website for FC supposed to be fully configured for a BNF DJI 03 AIR UNIT prebuilt??

My situation with the o3 unit was pretty similar, I flew it fine and then a few hours later I tried to fly again and the goggles linked to the camera but stopped showing specs on the goggle screen and the controller would 'bind' but not connect. I've tried updating the CLI since but the controller will still not connect.

Curious if you've had any update to your problem
2023-9-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules