7763 8 2019-8-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Long-range FPV like this video can be done?

Not my video:

You know how to make analog a lot better for digital to 4km but what about making digital a lot better at 80km?  I think they used DragonLink but I'm not sure.  I was looking at it before they took things down.  I think DragonlinkRC also went down too but it can be done.

Might as well try to work with Amazon AWS to fly things remotely but I highly doubt it would be legal.
2019-8-28
Use props
David Martin Graff
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nicely done - thanks again for sharing!
2019-8-28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. We're not sure if this can be applied in the future, however, we will consider this as part of your suggestions to DJI and forward it to our designated department for attention. Thank you for your support.
2019-8-28
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

That is very impressive, nice find
2019-8-29
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>

Cool find - thanks for sharing
2019-9-3
Use props
silpheedx
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11936 ft

Dragon link is basically a giant, high-latency(slow),  version of the DJI FPV sytem. With the DJI FPV system if you want to try long range I would recommend first getting a GPS for your rigg. Then make sure Return to Hom , RTH, works. Then get 4 nice patch antennas like these "TrueRC 5.8GHz X-AIR (LHCP)" for your goggles. Then get 2 tall big antennas for your air unit like these "Lumenier AXII 2 Long Range Right-Angle 5.8GHz Antenna (LHCP)". You will also need the adapters for the air unit "7cm SMA Female to 90 Degree MMCX Male Cable" . With all that you should be able to get reaally far out. BUT Make sure your head is pointed at your drone. Those patch atennas are directional not omni.
2019-9-12
Use props
silpheedx
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11936 ft

Like what this guy did
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oi4rde3hXB0
2019-9-12
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>

silpheedx Posted at 9-12 09:14
Dragon link is basically a giant, high-latency(slow),  version of the DJI FPV sytem. With the DJI FPV system if you want to try long range I would recommend first getting a GPS for your rigg. Then make sure Return to Hom , RTH, works. Then get 4 nice patch antennas like these "TrueRC 5.8GHz X-AIR (LHCP)" for your goggles. Then get 2 tall big antennas for your air unit like these "Lumenier AXII 2 Long Range Right-Angle 5.8GHz Antenna (LHCP)". You will also need the adapters for the air unit "7cm SMA Female to 90 Degree MMCX Male Cable" . With all that you should be able to get reaally far out. BUT Make sure your head is pointed at your drone. Those patch atennas are directional not omni.

Good to know
2019-9-12
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>

silpheedx Posted at 9-12 14:04
Like what this guy did
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oi4rde3hXB0

Thanks for the link
2019-9-12