2622 24 2019-8-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
transit 350
lvl.4
Flight distance : 169137 ft
  • >>>
United States

Has there been a fix for the drifting problem???????
2019-8-28
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for bringing this query for us. We're deeply sorry for the trouble that this has caused. May I ask if what happen prior to this issue? Also, can you please try to fly in a different location for us to further isolate the problem? I will highly recommend calibrating the drone's IMU also to see if the problem will still persist. Please keep us posted. Thank you!
2019-8-28
Use props
transit 350
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 8-28 13:00
Hi, thank you for bringing this query for us. We're deeply sorry for the trouble that this has caused. May I ask if what happen prior to this issue? Also, can you please try to fly in a different location for us to further isolate the problem? I will highly recommend calibrating the drone's IMU also to see if the problem will still persist. Please keep us posted. Thank you!

I have done all of that ..................where is the fix??????????????????????
2019-8-28
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

transit 350 Posted at 8-28 13:18
I have done all of that ..................where is the fix??????????????????????

There's no fix for dreaded Inspire 2 hover wobble ... It was discussed to death on every related forum ... Thing is that not every Inspire 2 is suffering this, some are wobbling badly, some just don't at all (mine including), FW version regardless. IMU calibration may help or may not. It is a Achilles heel of Inspire, unfortunately ...
2019-8-28
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

transit 350 Posted at 8-28 13:18

Hi, thank you for the additional information. Since you've managed to exhaust the troubleshooting steps that could possibly rectify the problem on your drone, however, it seems that the problem persists, we highly recommend sending the unit int our repair facility for further evaluation. The warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment including the warranty period of your unit. You may click the link below for you to contact our designated department. Thank you for your understanding.

https://www.dji.com/support
2019-8-29
Use props
transit 350
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 8-29 14:54
Hi, thank you for the additional information. Since you've managed to exhaust the troubleshooting steps that could possibly rectify the problem on your drone, however, it seems that the problem persists, we highly recommend sending the unit int our repair facility for further evaluation. The warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment including the warranty period of your unit. You may click the link below for you to contact our designated department. Thank you for your understanding.

Gamora

thank you for your reply. At this point with the number of people  having the same issue Dji needs to recall these units and make them right. there are posts saying out of the box their inspire was drifting and those who sent them back had the same problem.  What gives??????????????
2019-8-30
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

transit 350 Posted at 8-30 10:18
Gamora

thank you for your reply. At this point with the number of people  having the same issue Dji needs to recall these units and make them right. there are posts saying out of the box their inspire was drifting and those who sent them back had the same problem.  What gives??????????????

Can you actually describe the issue?
2019-8-30
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

transit 350 Posted at 8-30 10:18
Gamora

Hi, thank you for the additional information provided. The issue that has something to do with drifting can be a case to case basis. You may try syncing the flight records in DJI Go 4 app and contact our support team using the link provided above. Thank you for your understanding.
2019-8-30
Use props
transit 350
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 8-30 10:25
Can you actually describe the issue?

in a hover it will not sit still it's left right up and down
2019-9-1
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

transit 350 Posted at 9-1 16:16
in a hover it will not sit still it's left right up and down

OK, so it is what I just described above: the dreadful Inspire's hover wobble ... For a while I was thinking that you actually have a bird which can't fly straight. Anyway, I firmly believe there's no cure for this, It's simply in Inspire's DNA. affecting some more than other. I was aware of this and demanded test flight before purchase at dealership. First unboxed Inspire didn't pass, second did and I'm a happy camper since ...
2019-9-1
Use props
transit 350
lvl.4
  • >>>

ok how many people have the wobble and what did you do about it ???????

are folding blades a answer? like them or hate them
2019-9-9
Use props
sincabeza
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2508911 ft
  • >>>

mine also drifts in hoover ...
Will DJI replace it ?
2019-9-9
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
  • >>>

sincabeza Posted at 9-9 13:22
mine also drifts in hoover ...
Will DJI replace it ?

DJI may attempt to fix the issue of Inspire 2 drifting in P-Mode (if that's the case), but not the issue of hovering accuracy (stability) if it's within specifications. Please do not confuse definitions of drifting and hovering accuracy.
2019-9-10
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
  • >>>

transit 350 Posted at 9-9 11:40
ok how many people have the wobble and what did you do about it ???????

are folding blades a answer? like them or hate them

" How many people have the wobble? "

No one here knows. Only high-ranked DJI employees may know the statistics. I'm not a DJI's employee, not even a fan.

" ... and what did you do about it ??????? "

I researched the brand/model and conducted test flight before purchase, rejecting product not performing accordingly to specifications and not up to my expectations.  

" Are folding blades a answer? "

Definitely not. Although some pilots prefer propellers of different brand and type for whatever reason, they're not involved in hovering stability issue. Anyway, original DJI propellers are perfectly fine.
2019-9-10
Use props
transit 350
lvl.4
  • >>>

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 9-10 01:05
" How many people have the wobble? "

No one here knows. Only high-ranked DJI employees may know the statistics. I'm not a DJI's employee, not even a fan.

Hey Matt
thank you for your view
2019-9-10
Use props
transit 350
lvl.4
  • >>>

ok I called dji and they said the esc's may be out of calibration  so how to you do a cal on the esc's?

Has anyone sent your i2 back for this and it is fixed ???? I really like my i2 and I think dji has a responsibility to make these issues right

I would like to hear from others
2019-9-11
Use props
sincabeza
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2508911 ft
  • >>>

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 9-10 00:22
DJI may attempt to fix the issue of Inspire 2 drifting in P-Mode (if that's the case), but not the issue of hovering accuracy (stability) if it's within specifications. Please do not confuse definitions of drifting and hovering accuracy.

Dear Matthew,
the problem is - I realy cant do stable video with my Iinspire2. In "P" mode with "Tripod" and without wind especialy.  Drone cant hover stable, like it easy can do P4Pro or another cheaper birds. Drone can't fly stable...

Im realy waiting for any DJI reply to this mass issue.
2019-9-15
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
  • >>>

sincabeza Posted at 9-15 10:37
Dear Matthew,
the problem is - I realy cant do stable video with my Iinspire2. In "P" mode with "Tripod" and without wind especialy.  Drone cant hover stable, like it easy can do P4Pro or another cheaper birds. Drone can't fly stable...

As much as I'm sorry that your bird doesn't perform in hover up to your expectations, I don't believe it is a fixable issue. At least not without serious FW hacking, which probably will sacrifice other aspects of Inspire performance. Anyway, I'm not aware of reported successful attempts to eradicate this dreaded wobble completely by either IMU calibration or any other way. I don't think it's a common issue, but my guess is not supported by reliable statistics of any kind. Owners of trouble free drones doesn't bother to show up here or on any other forum.
2019-9-15
Use props
PH3KS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 39537 ft
  • >>>

transit 350 Posted at 9-11 07:04
ok I called dji and they said the esc's may be out of calibration  so how to you do a cal on the esc's?

Has anyone sent your i2 back for this and it is fixed ???? I really like my i2 and I think dji has a responsibility to make these issues right

You can check the esc calibration tools in the assistant 2 (v1.1.2) dev mode. Dont know if it does something.

EDIT; Just recalibraded the Esc and did a flight test. Looks better in hover. But have to do some more testing to call it.

2019-9-16
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
  • >>>

PH3KS Posted at 9-16 04:29
You can check the esc calibration tools in the assistant 2 (v1.1.2) dev mode. Dont know if it does something.

EDIT; Just recalibraded the Esc and did a flight test. Looks better in hover. But have to do some more testing to call it.

Oh, keep us posted, please! This may be a key factor indeed ...
2019-9-16
Use props
transit 350
lvl.4
  • >>>

PH3KS Posted at 9-16 04:29

how do yu get into dev mode

2019-9-16
Use props
PH3KS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 39537 ft
  • >>>

Did some more testing. It looked better in calm weather. But not so in windy conditions. Sort of the same as before. Unfortunately
2019-9-17
Use props
transit 350
lvl.4
  • >>>

here is a link showing the drifting problem

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j6qt58s1gxewbp2/DJI_0004.MP4?dl=0

sorry for the dropbox video
2019-10-3
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
  • >>>

transit 350 Posted at 10-3 12:26
here is a link showing the drifting problem

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j6qt58s1gxewbp2/DJI_0004.MP4?dl=0

Yep, that's pretty much typical performance of Inspire. No drone can replace the crane, and Inspire is the worst choice for such shot, indeed. Heavy lifters (i.e. M600) will perform better here ...
2019-10-3
Use props
transit 350
lvl.4
  • >>>

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 10-3 19:38
Yep, that's pretty much typical performance of Inspire. No drone can replace the crane, and Inspire is the worst choice for such shot, indeed. Heavy lifters (i.e. M600) will perform better here ...

yea my skyjib with a A2 controller is  better
2019-10-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules