Do you leave your drone in the Car?
1263 21 2019-8-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

Typically I keep the Mavic 2 Pro in a hard peli case in the car,  since the UK weather has got hotter this last few weeks I dont want to damage the batteries due to heat so I'm leaving it home.   And today I discover that the land next to the building where I work is being used to film something with Jude Law (might be The Third Day not sure) and I wish I had it here so I could fly by and see whats happening.  

So the question is do you leave your drone in the Car if its going to get hot?
Single SelectVote, Total 31 people participate in voting
6.45% (2)
80.65% (25)
12.90% (4)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2019-8-29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>

For anyone that's interested here is the film crews setup.
fullsizeoutput_161c.jpeg
2019-8-29
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 14312858 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Never leave them in the car beyond driving to/from the flight location. Excessive heat and cold over a prolonged period can damage them and car interiors when not in use (air con/heater off and windows closed) are a death trap for batteries.
2019-8-29
Use props
Dronie2
First Officer
Flight distance : 1336365 ft
Spain

I would say the same.
2019-8-29
Use props
BobB
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

No but i leave one of my pistols in my car(s). They are in the garage when not driving.
2019-8-29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>

BobB Posted at 8-29 03:40
No but i leave one of my pistols in my car(s). They are in the garage when not driving.

lol Hand guns are completely banned in the UK.  The only way you can have one is to keep it at a gun club.
2019-8-29
Use props
BobB
First Officer
United States

DAFlys Posted at 8-29 04:23
lol Hand guns are completely banned in the UK.  The only way you can have one is to keep it at a gun club.

ya i know but it has gotten so crazy in this Missouri town i live near i feel safer with it. They will eventually do away with them here in the USA but i am 63 and i doubt i see that day.
I should carry one of my drones with me. I've missed a few opportunities.
2019-8-29
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

CCW permit for that "hideout" drone?
2019-8-29
Use props
manolism
Second Officer
Flight distance : 53035 ft
Greece

I don't leave my drone in the car because there is a big possibility to be stolen!!
2019-8-29
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

BobB Posted at 8-29 04:26
ya i know but it has gotten so crazy in this Missouri town i live near i feel safer with it. They will eventually do away with them here in the USA but i am 63 and i doubt i see that day.
I should carry one of my drones with me. I've missed a few opportunities.

If I'm there, it is NOT a gun free zone.
2019-8-29
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for sharing this poll for us. Hope that you could get the best recommendation from our valued DJI members here in Forum. Thank you for your continued support!
2019-8-29
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for creating this thread. We're sure that our valued DJI Forum members would participate to this poll Cheers!
2019-8-29
Use props
BobB
First Officer
United States

Flycaster Posted at 8-29 07:01
CCW permit for that "hideout" drone?

Don't need a CCW in Missouri
2019-8-29
Use props
BobB
First Officer
United States

FatherXmas Posted at 8-29 07:38
If I'm there, it is NOT a gun free zone.

Well like my other reply, in Missouri no CCW needed hehe
2019-8-29
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

BobB Posted at 8-29 03:40
No but i leave one of my pistols in my car(s). They are in the garage when not driving.

i dont leave my pistols in my car because i experienced a couple break ins in the past and if someone broke into my car and stole my pistol then that's a process i really dont wish to be a part of because the justice system as slowly turned into guilty until proven innocent so even if you report it stolen and then used in a violent crime, doesn't sound pleasant experience.  so ya, i just carry my pistol on me once i park my car.  

as the OP questioning leaving drone in a hot or cold car, just dont..may damage it or the battery.   if you can bring it inside with you places then i suggest doing that.  i put my drones in my backpack or in the fly more case or even my laptop bag a few times if im going in places that would be confused or concerned about a drone for some reason...
2019-8-29
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

BobB Posted at 8-29 08:02
Don't need a CCW in Missouri

Well, you are one of the lucky ones, I live out in the "Land of Unicorns and Rainbows"....
2019-8-29
Use props
BobB
First Officer
United States

HereForTheBeer Posted at 8-29 08:29
i dont leave my pistols in my car because i experienced a couple break ins in the past and if someone broke into my car and stole my pistol then that's a process i really dont wish to be a part of because the justice system as slowly turned into guilty until proven innocent so even if you report it stolen and then used in a violent crime, doesn't sound pleasant experience.  so ya, i just carry my pistol on me once i park my car.  

as the OP questioning leaving drone in a hot or cold car, just dont..may damage it or the battery.   if you can bring it inside with you places then i suggest doing that.  i put my drones in my backpack or in the fly more case or even my laptop bag a few times if im going in places that would be confused or concerned about a drone for some reason...

ya ya ya my cars are kept in my garage BUT they can break into your house to my friend
2019-8-29
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

BobB Posted at 8-29 10:16
ya ya ya my cars are kept in my garage BUT they can break into your house to my friend

maybe i misunderstood, wasn't meaning your garage or at home.   i mean when your out and about more likely place for a car to get broken into is a big open parking lot or side of the road where opportunistic thieves can do their dirty work.  
2019-8-29
Use props
BobB
First Officer
United States

HereForTheBeer Posted at 8-29 10:26
maybe i misunderstood, wasn't meaning your garage or at home.   i mean when your out and about more likely place for a car to get broken into is a big open parking lot or side of the road where opportunistic thieves can do their dirty work.

ya but i don't shop long i am and in and out shopper but ya i could get bit someday for sure
2019-8-29
Use props
MrTitan
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It’s hard not to leave the Mavic in the car if I’m going out for a whole day/weekend and want to take the drone with me for impromptu filming.  So yes, in the boot in its carry bag, and I’ve never had an issue.  However my car boot is separated from the cabin and remains noticeably cooler.
2019-8-29
Use props
Paolo_Inselvini
lvl.3
Flight distance : 616339 ft
United States

Never in summer the temperatures boil the batteries, in winter too cold and can drop the level of the battery drammatically in addition I am too afraid of the thieves that are always lurking!
2019-8-29
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Often, but only with dogs inside. Previously I was using my 2 years old son as a good indicator of excessive temperature, but after divorce I have a restraining order. Dogs are better, because they will also make thieves think twice. Recently, however, I'm having difficulties dealing for adoption with animal shelters ...
2019-9-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules