Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
S7 working or not?
1142 8 2019-8-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans4287815f
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14196 ft
Malaysia

Some years ago I had a Phantom 3, and then had major issues with my Samsung S7 phone rebooting. I gave up on it and sold the Phantom.

For some reason I'm not allowed to reply to the original thread (?) so I'll ask here - has this issue been fixed, for sure, or not?

I've no interest in getting a new phone, my old S7 still works fine and gives no problem. I'd like to get a little Spark for an upcoming trip, but just as I was about to buy I remembered the S7 issue. I also saw on the orignal thread someone saying they had the same problem with the S9?

So is this still an issue, that DJI Go doesn't work properly with Android/Samsung or has this been fixed?

Thanks,

2019-8-29
Use props
Wolferl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Germany

Hi,

An S7 should work with no problems, since even my old-fashioned S4 mini works nicely.
Your crashes/reboots could have been a problem with the Go4 app, which gets more and more bloaty to support all the new drone models (Mavics etc).
I'd recomend you try a version 4.1 or 4.2 Go4 app. They have all the quirks and features for the Spark. These APKs are available in the internet.
Make sure there is enough RAM free on that phone.

Cheers,
Wolferl
2019-8-29
Use props
fans4287815f
lvl.3
Malaysia

Thanks, now I just have to find a local shop with a yellow one...  
2019-8-29
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for bringing this query for us. Upon checking on our end the Samsung S7 was listed on our recommended mobile device and since we already tested this said mobile device we can guarantee the stability of the mobile device when in used for the DJI Spark and for the DJI Go 4 application. You may refer to the image below for your reference. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have any inquiries or concern. Thank you for your continued support!

2019-8-29
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Wolferl Posted at 8-29 07:34
Hi,

An S7 should work with no problems, since even my old-fashioned S4 mini works nicely.

Phantom 3, so I assume he had trouble with the Go "before 4 "- App

But of course, for the spark it's no need to have the Go4 with Air and Mavic 2 in it.
4.2.21, or/and the Go4 mod 2.0 seems for me to be a good fit for the Spark!

Anyway, I suggest to use a OTG cable.
2019-8-29
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

fans4287815f Posted at 8-29 07:36
Thanks, now I just have to find a local shop with a yellow one...

Not really: ;-)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Origina ... 2047675.c100623.m-1
2019-8-29
Use props
CasualDronePilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 146135 ft
Sweden

Although I mostly use a dedicated phone when flying my Spark, I do sometimes use my good old S7. Never had any issues with that combo (connected to the remote via an OTG cable).
2019-8-30
Use props
fans4287815f
lvl.3

Thanks for the replies guys.

Now I'm in a quandary again...

Mavic 2, Mavic Air, Mavic Pro or Spark?

Problem is I have multiple use-case scenarios...

I do ultralight back-packing, where I weigh everything to the gram. The Spark seems the obvious choice for that, and mostly I'd just be doing the odd "dronie' shot, up and away from my wife and me, or our campsite, or just up, spin around slowly for the view and down again. That's pretty much all I used the P3S for.

But...

It's also true to say the reason for such simple flying was the PS3's transmission range was pretty feeble. Any significant distance, a few hundred yards, and I'd get "Weak signal" messages, so I never felt confident doing much else anyway. This is partly as I'm not in America, so any drone will be in CE mode, not FAA, so transmission power and range are drastically reduced from DJI's claimed figures.

On the other hand I do really love the idea of doing some longer-range exploring, heading up the river to see if there's a better campsite, checking if the 4x4 trail ahead is washed out or where some side turning leads to, or just the fun of looking around the area. For that I need good range, both battery and transmission. The Spark would be useless for that.

The Mavic 2 though..? That price is just too much. I could literally buy 2 new and perfectly nice laptops for that money. My P3S once tried to fly away. I was demonstrating to the guy I sold it to how you have to wait for the "Home point recorded. Please check it on the map" message, and how to check it really is where you are. Then flew it away from us and turned off the controller to show how it would RTH. That was actually the first time I had ever used RTH but I was totally confident in it.The crazy thing then headed for the previous RTH from the week prior, heading for some hills about 30 miles away! Happily I was able to turn the controller back on, stop it, turn it around and bring it back, but that episode has put a serious dent in how much money I'm willing to throw at a drone! I just don't, cannot, trust the RTH if signal is lost.

In my personal experience it has a 100% failure rate!

So Mavic Air? Pretty much as light as the Spark, actually smaller packing size...  But no Occusync or Lightbridge, just Wifi like my old Standard?

I guess my main question is how does the Mavic Air's transmission range compare to the P3S, under CE regs, in the real world?

Or, since I'm not really seriously into the videography stuff, should I just go for the original Mavic Pro, giving me the range I want for the price of the Air? But it's a lot heavier...

Argh!

Mmm, writing this post is helping me think actually... How about a plain Spark, no controller, for the little up-spin-down or dronie selfie stuff when hiking, and a Mavic Pro for the truck/boat? Or am I being ridiculous now?

2019-9-7
Use props
fans4287815f
lvl.3

fans4287815f Posted at 9-7 23:14
Thanks for the replies guys.

Now I'm in a quandary again...

So decided to go for the Mavic Air, and have ordered the fly more combo from a seller on Malaysia's Lazada.

I did that because the only local store with stock had a salesman lying through his teeth to me. The online seller was including sun shield, ND filters, landing pad and a car charger. When I asked if the shop combo included a car charger the salesman told me you cannot charge a drone by car...

Then I asked about charging with a power pack? "No, that's not possible."

Until he noticed his own box included a power pack adapter and I showed him the ad inc a car charger. He then claimed their car chargers were "out of stock already." So they sold out of the thing that cannot exist?

Really dislike being lied to like that, so ordered online instead. So no flying this weekend
2019-9-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules