RTH descent too fast causing rough landing
755 3 2019-8-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
paulpearce52
New

United States

Hello, Recently I sent my spark in for repairs and received it back. I took it for a few maiden flights to make sure everything was ok and all was well. The on the third flight my spark randomly descended too fast and crashed into the tall grass. Not a bad crash because of the grass but I still had plenty of battery for flight. Then after that, the RTH feature would descend too fast and cause a rough landing whenever I used it. No damage but still concerning. The GPS and Video system was replaced when it was sent in for repairs. I had not crashed before the third flight after I got it back.

Any help is appreciated,

Thanks.
2019-8-29
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience caused. May I know if you receive an error message in the app before the crashed happen? Also, can you please try to fly in a different location to see if the issue will still persist. I will highly recommend calibrating also the Compass and the IMU of the drone for us to make sure the stability of the aircraft when in flight. Please keep us posted. Thank you for your kind and understanding. Cheers!
2019-8-29
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Is it "just" the RTH descend, or have you moved throttle down, too?
I "found out", that at least the "normal" throttle use down is adding speed to the critical battery descend.
Or better,  actually worse, a normal stick controlled descend can get into a high speed descend, as soon the battery hits the 10%.
Which is not nice, as soon you are already almost  on the ground!

DJI: Is that wanted?
B/c you can really fly the bird into the ground, in case you get surprised  by it, 1,5 m over ground!
2019-8-29
Use props
H. Arif - Nobody
lvl.4
Flight distance : 430364 ft
Canada

I had this issue too but it occurred only for a few flights. You should take a video of it and send it to DJI.
2019-8-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules