Problem with AF-S focusing, half of the view is blurry
491 4 2019-8-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Han_Unimaas
lvl.1
Netherlands

I noticed the problem when I found sometimes one side (either left or right part) of my video is blurry. Then I run a test, to take video directly facing a flat wall.
The problem is, if I focus left, the left part is sharp, but the right part is very blurry, vice versa. In the video I repeated to switch the auto focus area for two times from left to right, and I can really see blurring on the other side. And at 20' I focused the middle, then it got better.

However, it makes the footage nearly unusable. Is that a drawback of this product, or just a fault happened only on my device?

A bit disappointing...

2019-8-29
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

I can't say I've noticed it being that bad. Your footage certainly shows its noticeable. I could understand it happening shooting at an angle to the wall but not head-on.
2019-8-29
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 810 ft
Turkey

This is not normal. At your distance and perfectly perpendicular to the wall, everything should be in focus at the same time...
2019-8-29
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Does your OP do this with photos as well? If so, you may have a sensor alignment problem.  This happened to me after I dropped my OP - no visible damage, but everything (video and photos) was soft on the right side thereafter.

But if it's focusing OK for photos, then it's clearly something else.
2019-8-29
Use props
Han_Unimaas
lvl.1
Netherlands

Thanks for the reply guys! The issue is still remaining when taking photo. I think it is a defective one. I contacted amazon.de and they accepted to return and refund for me. According to my chat with DJI costumer service, they would only offer replacement. The product and design is really good, but I am a bit worrying about the quality. I know the gimbal is delicate but I never thought that the camera and lens is so fragile. I decided to return not replacement. Let's see the second or the third generation of this product!
2019-8-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules