30 Day Warranty On A P3S Fly Away Replacement?
849 3 2019-8-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans8a1d5757
lvl.2
Flight distance : 396742 ft
United States

In August 2018 I experienced a fly away with my in-warranty P3S. DJI evaluated the claim and offered to sell me a $399 replacement P3S (body,camera & battery only) for a 30% discount : Price with discount was $286. I received the drone in November and flew it three times this summer. Last month I decided to sell it on ebay and, as I was packing it to ship, I noticed tiny stress cracks under two of the rotor arms. Called DJI and the tech instructed me to file a warranty claim and include my Sept 2018 Proof Of Purchase. A week went by and I received an invoice from DJI repair for $176 to replace the rotor arms with the stress cracks. I resent my Sept 2018 $286 receipt to DJI. Yesterday I was informed by DJI that the $399 replacement drone I purchased from them in Sept 2018 with the 30% discount was a reconditioned "fly away replacement" with only a 30 day warranty. By all accounts I was led to believe that I was purchasing a new drone. DJI is now insisting I pay the $176 to replace the rotor arms with the stress cracks. Not sure what the next step is but I am curious to hear from others on this issue.

Has anyone else had this experience w DJI?
2019-8-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, we apologize for the trouble caused. I managed to get your case number via your Forum account, your case has been escalated to the higher-level team to double verify, we will have someone to contact you again, please wait patiently for further communication, thank you.
2019-8-30
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Whenever anyone receives a drone back from DJI,  It's a good idea to inspect it thoroughly.  Good luck.
2019-8-30
Use props
fans8a1d5757
lvl.2
Flight distance : 396742 ft
United States

ALABAMA Posted at 8-30 06:15
Whenever anyone receives a drone back from DJI,  It's a good idea to inspect it thoroughly.  Good luck.

Agree. I left the P3S in the box all winter and didn't fly it until May 2019. But I never sent a drone to DJI so I didn't get one back. The offer was to replace an unexplained fly away for $286  with what I thought was a new P3S. At one point I received a quote for a P3S body, camera & battery $357 from the repair dept: I carefully explained in an email to "Dora" that the price was 30% off $409 and I expected a "NEW" drone for that price, not something from the repair dept. Also questioned where the drone was coming from since the P3S was no longer listed for sale on the DJI Website in Sept 2018. Her response was that DJI still had some in stock. That email gave me every reason to believe I was receiving a new P3S.
2019-9-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules