Why Are Geofences Different Sizes Based on Platform?
931 1 2019-8-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansb0ee5f9b
lvl.3
United States

Recently discovered that depending on which drone was selected in the Fly Safe GeoZone Map website that the size of the geozone was either smaller or larger.  It appears that the less advanced drones such as the Phantom 3 Standard/SE, Spark, and Inspire 1 actually have less of a limitation than the more advance platforms such as the Phantom 4, Mavic 2, and Inspire 2.  Just wondering why there is a difference?  
2019-8-30
Use props
OxSAR
lvl.1
Flight distance : 330535 ft

I asked dji a similar question and got this reply from Dick Geng -  Please kindly be informed the latest airport GEO Zones reference the Obstacle Limitation Surfaces section of the ICAO ANNEX 14, an international regulatory standard for airports, providing some general protection to sensitive locations around the world, not to match any particular set of regulations that apply to a certain airport. I find this somewhat unsatisfactory for 2 reasons - why has dji chosen to ignore the restrictions set up by the CAA, and they have apparently used out-of-date information to create their map - a field close to me has a disused runway which still has protection on the map!
2019-10-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules