GO 4 v4.3.24 bug report No video in editor
7102 16 2019-8-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
91esprit
lvl.1
Canada

Ever since I upgraded to v 4.3.24 I can no longer view or edit any video in the GO4 Editor.
All I get is black screen.

I am running the app on a Galaxy Tab E 8.0 Model T377W running Android 7.1.1

I have done a factory reset on the tablet and reinstalled GO 4 but it didn't help.

Everything else seems to be working fine.

2019-8-30
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi. we're sorry for the inconvenience. Have you tried to re-install the application to see if there will be changes? It's recommended to save important files in the app and sync the flight records prior to delete the application. However, we would like to ensure that this would be an application problem, therefore, we would recommend isolating the problem by using a different mobile device. For a friendly reminder, using a device that is not part of our compatible may run the application smoothly but then again, since it hasn't been tested by our engineers, the behavior of the application may change especially if there will be a firmware or application update. We appreciate your understanding.
2019-9-1
Use props
djiuser_E0SP5GA4NOpi
New
Flight distance : 1003061 ft
United States

I've been using the djigo 4 app for editing my footage for over a year with no issues. But today none of my clips will play in the clip selection screen or the timeline. Even old footage that I have previously edited with no problems won't play anymore.

I have version 4.3.24 of the app and editing on my Samsung galaxy note 4.
2019-9-2
Use props
djiuser_E0SP5GA4NOpi
New
Flight distance : 1003061 ft
United States

Seems like others are having the same problem. I was on a Facebook forum and here's what someone said...He was on an ipad 2 and it did not work. Then he switched to an android S8 phone which did work, but the video thumbnails on his phone looks blank but they appear when you play them.
2019-9-2
Use props
91esprit
lvl.1

I've been dealing with DJI Support on this issue but so far, no help. It looks like if the phone/tablet isn't on their list, they won't support it.

It seems strange that there is not one Samsung Tablet on the list although Samsung has the biggest market share - even bigger than Apple.

I noticed that the release notes for 4.3.24 included some video playback changes. Looks like that is what broke it.
2019-9-3
Use props
djiuser_Pkr4Nvd08LxL
New

Same problem here. I have several galaxy a tablets (versiones forma 2016 to 2019) and video editor is black. Also When you try yo save your video and error occuour.
2019-9-22
Use props
fans89de4cd2
lvl.1

Same for me, I am using NVIDIA Shield k1 before the update was spot on running beautifully, after the update editing doesn’t play the video, also the flight simulator it’s not there anymore, I have noticed that on the iPhone 7 the update work fine, editing it is fine and the flight simulator works great. So please fix the update for android I don’t mind about the flight simulator but please fix the issue with the video editing, also I will flight very soon with the new update and I will let you know if I will encounter any errors, thanks for working hard on the update please if you can try to improve it on android .
2019-9-24
Use props
Makitat
lvl.1

Initially ran the app on Samsung Galaxy S7 with no video issues.
Switched to iPad mini 4 because the flight controls and view is so much better.
Editor worked great on Samsung, but refuses to find videos on iPad.
Rather unhappy, as the editor worked fantastic before.
Help! Please.
2019-9-24
Use props
avereza
lvl.3
Flight distance : 11516381 ft

Brazil

The same is happening to me, using a Moto G5 and app updated to v4.3.25.
2019-11-6
Use props
Nourih
lvl.1
Iran

fans89de4cd2 Posted at 9-24 05:51
Same for me, I am using NVIDIA Shield k1 before the update was spot on running beautifully, after the update editing doesn’t play the video, also the flight simulator it’s not there anymore, I have noticed that on the iPhone 7 the update work fine, editing it is fine and the flight simulator works great. So please fix the update for android I don’t mind about the flight simulator but please fix the issue with the video editing, also I will flight very soon with the new update and I will let you know if I will encounter any errors, thanks for working hard on the update please if you can try to improve it on android .

من هم این مشکل را دارم
2019-11-10
Use props
Nourih
lvl.1
Iran

Makitat Posted at 9-24 16:09
Initially ran the app on Samsung Galaxy S7 with no video issues.
Switched to iPad mini 4 because the flight controls and view is so much better.
Editor worked great on Samsung, but refuses to find videos on iPad.

سامسونگ a6plas  هم این مشکل را دارد
2019-11-10
Use props
Nourih
lvl.1
Iran

2019-11-10
Use props
Nourih
lvl.1
Iran

2019-11-10
Use props
zedhed
lvl.1
Flight distance : 765486 ft
United States

Upgrade BROKE VIDEO EDITOR & PLAYBACK on SAMSUNG TABLETS after - v4.3.20 Editor\Video playback WORKed on versions v4.3.20 and Previous.
BAD VERSIONS for SAMSUNG TABLETS
V. 4.3.24
V. 4.3.25
Please Fix this DJI Black screen on video playback NO editing functions or playback working after 4.3.20 update. Not on Recommended device list
(YEAH I KNOW dji wont support non-tested recommended devices)
(I know DJI engineers have not TESTED or Validated Samsung Tablets to work with DJI go 4 but this was all working on and before v4.3.24 update.)

I went back and used apkmirror and re-installed to 4.3.20 and all back to working with my Samsung 8" Tab A Sm-T387AA

ANYONE else Heard anything from DJI on this?
2019-12-16
Use props
djiuser_R9qfBWD0XBuC
New

New Zealand

I am having the same problem
I have downloaded the DJI fly app and when I try to edit a video by adding an audio and editing the colour, the end product is blank. Only can hear the audio, but a blank screen.
Using the s22 ultra and also tried it on the fold 3. But the same results everything.
2022-5-26
Use props
djiuser_VUMeroRBzwIe
New
United Kingdom

Black screen issues camera seems to work.but no playback.
Any advise ? I am using phantom4 pro I phone 6
2022-6-11
Use props
RED R.E.Dunne
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I am experiencing the same problems. Did anyone resolve the problem? I noticed the posts dated back to 2019. I am using a S.GTab A android v.11
2022-7-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules