Rear facing camera
1759 9 2015-6-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
P3PO
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16083 ft
United States

Anyone think or know if DJI will have an upgrade firmware that will allow the camera to swing around to the rear for filming while flying away instead of having to fly backwards. this would be a nice feature and looks like it would be doable. Could add to the menu for the customizable rear buttons much like the swing down/up function. Whatch ya all think?
2015-6-9
Use props
sploodge
lvl.4
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Its not possible for the camera to rotate to face backwards, the gimbal physically cannot do it.

You can now buy the official DJI Hardshell Backpack
Remember to buy extra propellers and one or two spare batteries to keep you flying
www.Phantom-Guide.co.uk - The Ultimate Phantom 3 Resource

2015-6-9
Use props
Cacc
lvl.3

Canada

It would not be a quick solution and the decision would have to be made in advance, but...can the gimbal be removed and installed backward?
2015-6-9
Use props
PhantomHelp.com
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Anything is possible. It would be easier to fly backwards though.

www.PhantomHelp.com
Find the latest must-haves, fixes, mods, how-tos, guides, and accessories for your Phantom.
Phantoms in stock and ready to ship worldwide! (see availability)
2015-6-9
Use props
Rimas_M
lvl.2

Lithuania

Cacc Posted at 2015-6-9 20:25
It would not be a quick solution and the decision would have to be made in advance, but...can the gi ...

I don't have a clue how gimbal stabilization is working. But if it does receive signals from drone, than its movement sideways would be reversed.
2015-6-9
Use props
hawk89
lvl.2

United States

Turn on orientation control. Then forward is forward and backward is backward no matter which way its facing. So you would rotate the phantom 180 degrees and then boom problem solved!
2015-6-9
Use props
P3PO
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16083 ft
United States

Thanks guys, i know all the ways to film backwards, just sayin it would be a nice feature. It would require the gimbal mount to be modified so the camera could rotate all the way around, We Have The Technology.
2015-6-9
Use props
headkumquat
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16060 ft
Canada

P3PO Posted at 2015-6-10 06:06
Thanks guys, i know all the ways to film backwards, just sayin it would be a nice feature. It would  ...

Yeah, it's called an "Inspire".
2015-6-9
Use props
mswall
lvl.4
Flight distance : 39695 ft
United States

You can change the control orientation in the software to where it WILL fly exactly like you are asking.
2015-6-9
Use props
julius717
lvl.2
Flight distance : 939951 ft
United States

I mounted a gopro facing backwards on my visit 2+  requires editing to get the two videos together but was able to get both views
2015-6-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules