Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
USA help please..
744 8 2019-9-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans4b62ed86
Second Officer
Flight distance : 316545 ft
United Kingdom

I'm asking any of our American flyers for help please.

I’m taking a 3 week vacation on 20th Sept traveling from Florida to San Francisco taking in New Orleans, Santa Fe, Las Vegas, San Diego, LA, Monterey to SF.

I know I can’t fly in National Parks, but where else do restrictions apply, I don’t want to fall foul of aviation laws.

Anyone got any advice please???

Thank you in advance...

2019-9-1
Use props
Marty Markoe
Captain
Flight distance : 15135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Download 2 apps:
1. Kittyhawk
2. Air map

Neither are 100% accurate so I check both when flying in unfamiliar territory.

Marty Markoe
Part 107 FAA Certified
2019-9-1
Use props
ALABAMA
Captain
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

The app will tell you if you are in a restricted zone.  
2019-9-1
Use props
fans4b62ed86
Second Officer
Flight distance : 316545 ft
United Kingdom

Marty Markoe Posted at 9-1 04:25
Download 2 apps:
1. Kittyhawk
2. Air map

Done thank you.

Ive also registered with the FFA
2019-9-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day. Thank you for reaching out. I hope that you will get the best information an recommendation from our valued DJI co pilot with regards to this inquiry. In addition I will be posting a link where in you can check if a certain area from different location in the USA if it is free to fly your drone or if the said area is a no fly zone ( https://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-map ). I hope this can help you. Thank you.
2019-9-1
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Captain
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

any other areas to avoid:  yes but Airmaps, Dji flysafe, Kittyhawk are all options that can youse to plan it out

personally i prefer Airmaps app on my iPhone for planning my flights and missions.

i dont use kittyhawk as much because i find it's interface a bit annoying and can be little overwhelming if new to it or a newer pilot just wanting to know if you can fly somewhere or not.

both Kittyhawk and Airmaps allow you to use the LAANC system for recreational flights which you dont need to use in many places but i recommend posting your flight area/plans into LAANC if you are not familiar with air traffic in the area, if no restrictions or they are very minimal you should get automated clearance and approval.. this does not remove your liability however but it does alert others of where you will be flying so conflict should not arise.  i used the LAANC system a few times for personal flights in authorization zone and i think the helicopter from the hospital knew of my flight because he flew a out and around in an arc, while i cant be sure why took that path it looked like he was avoiding my rather large flight bubble area i set.

2019-9-1
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 93626696 ft
  • >>>

Make sure you've also labeled your mavic.
2019-9-2
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

DAFlys Posted at 9-2 01:48

Thanks for the additional input to help our valued DJI Forum member with regard to this matter. Thank you for continued support.
2019-9-3
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Captain
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>

DAFlys Posted at 9-2 01:48

dont need to.. one of those stupid rules that only makes senses in a complete vacuum of logic..putting lable with ur reg number in open...pfft.   who is going to label a bomb with their identification then fly it into something? horribly ill thought out.. even in best of times because no counter law to prevent theift and use of other people's reg numbers... atleast with allowiing people to put reg number under battery it made more sense and prevented people from just stealing and using ur reg number to commit crimes

additionally it is 100% unenforced and is 100% unenforceable.   i spoken to several officers when flying my drones they only half aware of drone rules and said very plainly have no interest in enforcing them only if problems even then not going to ask for a reg number, going to ask for my license/ID and speak to me not my drone..
2019-9-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules