X-T3 compatibility?
1411 5 2019-9-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ma5chinsky
lvl.1
Flight distance : 331604 ft
Austria

I have updated my RONIN-S to the current 1.9.8.80 version which should be able to control the Fujifilm X-T3 camera - at least AF and recording start/stop should be possible according to the firmware release notes.
When I connect the XT-3 via the ronin-to-USC-C cable the camera goes into card-reader-mode as sonn is I connect it to the Ronin, but I can see the camera in the camera settings in the Ronin-app.

Whe I change the camera's settings to not go into card-reader-mode the Ronin does not seem to see the camera.

Can someone explain to me how the XT-3 is properly connected to the Ronin or point me in the direction of a tutorial?

Cheers

Florian
2019-9-1
Use props
DGBarar
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

HI Florian:

The release notes do not state that record on/off works on the X-T3 with the new firmware release.  What is says is the following:

"Added photo capture and autofocus for Fujifilm XT3 camera using a Multi-Camera Control Cable (Type-C). To use autofocus on the Fujifilm XT3, press halfway down on the camera control button of the gimbal."

The new firmware release is for photo capture not record on/off on the X-T3.

Don Barar
2019-9-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Florian, did you set the PC connection mode to 'USB Auto Mode' in your camera settings? GTScreenshot_20190902_150813.png
2019-9-1
Use props
Ma5chinsky
lvl.1
Austria

Photo capture is the same as “Start Recording”, you only have to be in video mode. Nevertheless I can’t even snap a photo or activate AF.

I have tried all USB connection settings the camera offers: “USB card reader”, “USB tether shooting Auto”, “USB tether shooting fixed” and “USB Raw comb.”

When it’s in USB card reader mode, the XT-3 at least shows up in the Robin-App, but it can’t shoot anything in that mode.
2019-9-2
Use props
DGBarar
Second Officer
  • >>>

Ma5chinsky Posted at 9-2 02:20
Photo capture is the same as “Start Recording”, you only have to be in video mode. Nevertheless I can’t even snap a photo or activate AF.

I have tried all USB connection settings the camera offers: “USB card reader”, “USB tether shooting Auto”, “USB tether shooting fixed” and “USB Raw comb.”

Hi Ma5chinsky and Florian:

Were the two of you able to get the Roinin-S to start/stop record video on the X-T3?

Don Barar
2019-9-4
Use props
Ma5chinsky
lvl.1

No I did not. Seemingly they really only implemented shutter release and AF for the photo mode of the camera, which is totally useless.
2019-9-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules