MAX distance
512 14 2019-9-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nightshade1960
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4157 ft
United Kingdom

I took my Drone out today and will only fly out about 30m and has height restriction as well, checked the app and it's not on beginner mode but I have no distance setting only distance limit ?
2019-9-1
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Remove distance limit.
Not sure why it’s giving you this restriction.

RedHotPoker
2019-9-1
Use props
nightshade1960
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Distance

my max distance is 500m and 30m height it wont let me change it and I am not in beginners mode
2019-9-1
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Remove the max distance. Leave it blank.

It’s bad forum manners to double post the same content. I already replied to your first post, now you go and post this same question.
Have a little patience for a reply.

RedHotPoker
2019-9-1
Use props
nightshade1960
lvl.1
United Kingdom

RedHotPoker Posted at 9-1 12:00
Remove the max distance. Leave it blank.

It’s bad forum manners to double post the same content. I already replied to your first post, now you go and post this same question.

yes but i couldn't remove my first post sorry
2019-9-1
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

nightshade1960 Posted at 9-1 12:11

Yes, you can not delete posts anymore.
They removed that forum parameter several months ago.

RedHotPoker
2019-9-1
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we do apologize for the inconvenience. You may try to log-out your DJI Go account and relog in again prior to connect the app to the remote controller to see if there will be changes. If the problem persists, you may reinstall the app to see if that would help. It's recommended to sync the flight records and save important files prior to delete the application. Please keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for your support.
2019-9-1
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

nightshade1960 Posted at 9-1 12:11

You also need to log in to the forum and then exit without logging out. This removes the short distance limit.
2019-9-1
Use props
nightshade1960
lvl.1

Geebax Posted at 9-1 13:52
You also need to log in to the forum and then exit without logging out. This removes the short distance limit.

did you mean log in and out of the website, taking my drone at the weekend were there were no issues and test it
2019-9-3
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>

nightshade1960 Posted at 9-3 07:41
did you mean log in and out of the website, taking my drone at the weekend were there were no issues and test it

Open up the DJI Go app on your phone or tablet, sign out of your DJI account in the app.
First page of the app .. click on ME down in the bottom right of the screen.
On the next page, click ME in bottom right
Then click on Sign Out  .. bottom centre of the page

Then sign in again.
2019-9-3
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain

Labroides Posted at 9-3 08:20
Open up the DJI Go app on your phone or tablet, sign out of your DJI account in the app.
First page of the app .. click on ME down in the bottom right of the screen.
On the next page, click ME in bottom right

What a strange system of checks and balances.

Fly it like you stole it.

RedHotPoker
2019-9-3
Use props
nightshade1960
lvl.1

Well just to return my findings, I took the Drone to a location I flew before, it flew fine no restrictions
The last time when I flew it with the restrictions in place was a place with two steel towers , that used to be fire towers, I didn't see some sort of communication dishes on them, I have been recently told that these are now police communication towers so this could have been the problem
I flew  to 325 feet high today although the app said that the communication was weak, is this normal ?
2019-9-8
Use props
Geebax
Captain

nightshade1960 Posted at 9-8 01:18
Well just to return my findings, I took the Drone to a location I flew before, it flew fine no restrictions
The last time when I flew it with the restrictions in place was a place with two steel towers , that used to be fire towers, I didn't see some sort of communication dishes on them, I have been recently told that these are now police communication towers so this could have been the problem
I flew  to 325 feet high today although the app said that the communication was weak, is this normal ?

"I flew  to 325 feet high today although the app said that the communication was weak, is this normal ?"
If you flew 325 feet above yourself, then yes, that is normal.  But if you flew 325 feet away from yourself, then it should have been OK. But as your aircraft seems to be a P3 Standard, then yes again, as the Standard has relatively short range, particularly in urban areas.
2019-9-8
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>

I have been recently told that these are now police communication towers so this could have been the problem
No ... that had nothing to do with your issue.
2019-9-8
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain

The last time when I flew it with the restrictions in place was a place with two steel towers , that used to be fire towers, I didn't see some sort of communication dishes on them, I have been recently told that these are now police communication towers so this could have been the problem

A range extender may help, if a much longer flight path is your goal.

RedHotPoker
2019-9-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules