8845 113 2019-9-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rob W
Second Officer
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>

akozc Posted at 9-20 21:32
DJI releasing the versions of DJI Go 4 not simultaneously worldwide, therefore different continents may  still refer to old version.there should be a set up on Win10 to directly reach to the web link without changing the region.
Yes also agree pls wait for the  final confirmations from the DJI developer team if this way update safe to go.

Yes, I prefer to download from DJI.

It is a bit ridiculous though, that in order to get software updates quickly when released, one should have to refer to third party downloads sites.
2019-9-20
Use props
Wiredinoc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 20128 ft

I just hacked around with the URL. It's totally obfuscated. Might be able to pull it if you have a vpn. Not worth the time.

It's amazing that DJI runs their company like this.
2019-9-20
Use props
rbtmckny
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8001404 ft

I think everyone who is hyperventilating over the no DJI GO 4 update for the Smart Controller should step back and take a deep breath. My M2Z and SC are working fine as they are. The DJI Moderator said an update for the SC is going to be released soon. Trying to do a work around seems foolish to me. What if it causes other problems? I am just going to wait for DJI's release of the update. Who knows, maybe the reason it is taking longer is that there will be other fixes for the Smart Controller in the update.
2019-9-20
Use props
cbaquol
lvl.2
Flight distance : 619826 ft

akozc Posted at 9-20 14:56
All ,
Please note the website :
https://www.dji.com/mo/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4

Well hats off to you my good sir! I just installed 4.3.24 as well; the trick for me was to vpn to japan then try the download link in order to have the correct version file begin downloading. From there, it was smooth sailing on the install. Very interesting, I am excited to try this out. My M2P has been acting quite strangely recently so I am crossing my fingers that this helps iron out some of the quarks. And for the record, I was coming from 4.3.16, NOT 4.3.21. Still worked. Appears to work without issues here on the bench.
2019-9-20
Use props
raven swe
Second Officer
Flight distance : 517936 ft

any chance someone who has managed to get this .24 file from the DJI site can post it up,
2019-9-20
Use props
Rob W
Second Officer
  • >>>

rbtmckny Posted at 9-20 23:15
I think everyone who is hyperventilating over the no DJI GO 4 update for the Smart Controller should step back and take a deep breath. My M2Z and SC are working fine as they are. The DJI Moderator said an update for the SC is going to be released soon. Trying to do a work around seems foolish to me. What if it causes other problems? I am just going to wait for DJI's release of the update. Who knows, maybe the reason it is taking longer is that there will be other fixes for the Smart Controller in the update.

I don't think anyone is hyperventilating here...  Personally I'm waiting for the official update, but it does not hinder me to say that I think updates should be released simultaneously, that is, when a fix or feature is released in the firmware, the software should be released at the same time.

Why? For one, there could be a code snippet somewhere hidden in the deep of the firmware or software, causing issues when either the firmware or software expect a matching version of the two.

Also, there is nothing to hinder DJI to release the .24 version as a downloadable app, instead of having to wait for a larger firmware release.

The Smart Controller should also be made smart, having the function to upgrade just DJI Go - not having to wait for a firmware that can have a release schedule of just 2 times/year, while the app can be updated nearly monthly.

That's my 2 cents, writing when breathing very slow and calmly, having used DJI products since the Naza and done a lot of beta testing for their products.
2019-9-20
Use props
fans8b803c8d
lvl.4
Flight distance : 55305 ft
  • >>>

rbtmckny Posted at 9-20 23:15

I agree, my M2P and SC are also working okay so it's better to wait for the official release.

My personal issue was that the recent firmware update for the M2 included new features for safe battery installation detection and improved battery discharge maintenance. (I experienced two swollen batteries recently which had to be discarded and replaced.)

However these new features were only applicable to the GO4 app v4.3.24 which is officially not available to the SC. Furthermore you may have read DJI Tony's admission in another thread that the ability to auto-upgrade the SC's GO4 app to the newest version within the device is currently not enabled and this is being worked on.

I have been posting across several threads to keep bumping this topic up so that DJI take note and fix this unbelievable lapse in a premium device!
2019-9-21
Use props
fans8b803c8d
lvl.4
  • >>>

DJI Tony Posted at 9-19 14:21
Hi, we do appreciate your feedback to us. I would like to clarify if you could download the latest version using an external SD card and put it on your Smart controller to see if the DJI Go 4 app will be updated? Please let us know for further assistance.

Hi DJI Tony

Thanks for the suggestion but I don't have the time or inclination to jump through these unnecessary hoops for this method of GO4 update. Auto-update should be enabled in the SC device as with most other DJI devices.

I'm in no rush, my M2P and SC are working fine, I was just interested in taking advantage of the new battery features in the M2 firmware update.

Meanwhile we await further news...
2019-9-21
Use props
DanielVieira
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4633533 ft
  • >>>

Ok, so ive managed to download .24 using VPN proxy to download it from DJI Japan website....

This will update the existing version of DJI GO 4 to .24, my case was .21 to .24.
2019-9-21
Use props
akozc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2019951 ft

cbaquol Posted at 9-20 23:29
Well hats off to you my good sir! I just installed 4.3.24 as well; the trick for me was to vpn to japan then try the download link in order to have the correct version file begin downloading. From there, it was smooth sailing on the install. Very interesting, I am excited to try this out. My M2P has been acting quite strangely recently so I am crossing my fingers that this helps iron out some of the quarks. And for the record, I was coming from 4.3.16, NOT 4.3.21. Still worked. Appears to work without issues here on the bench.

Happy to hear done well , ,
2019-9-21
Use props
raven swe
Second Officer

Thanks for that DanielVieira
2019-9-21
Use props
akozc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2019951 ft

DanielVieira Posted at 9-21 02:46
Ok, so ive managed to download .24 using VPN proxy to download it from DJI Japan website....

This will update the existing version of DJI GO 4 to .24, my case was .21 to .24.

Great to hear DanielViera
2019-9-21
Use props
DanielVieira
Second Officer
  • >>>

Well after some testing...dont install it because the app will crash more and it is slower...
2019-9-21
Use props
fans8b803c8d
lvl.4
  • >>>

DanielVieira Posted at 9-21 03:07
Well after some testing...dont install it because the app will crash more and it is slower...

Appreciate this feedback, it's confirmed my suspicions about this work-around, even though it was suggested by DJI.

Best to wait for the official release... DJI Tony did say they were working on it.
2019-9-21
Use props
raven swe
Second Officer

I just did some testing after installing the .24, 2 waypoint missions and 2 free flight flights and it works ok for me, I cant get the app to crash and I cant see a difference in the speed of the app, everything seems normal. only time will tell but for now im a happy bunny, thanks again for the upload.
2019-9-21
Use props
DanielVieira
Second Officer
  • >>>

I have clear all the cache from DJI Go and now seems to be working normal, with no crash. Actually it was the first same i saw DJI GO 4 crash on the SC.
2019-9-21
Use props
ff22
Second Officer

Oh, interesting.  Yes, yesterday, the download site (in English) showed the .24 version but the download was the older version.  I just used a vpn for Japan and while the site showed up in English, this time the version downloaded is the .24 version.  

I might still not rush to install it although I have installed other 3rd party apk files on the SC.

And, someone asked if DJI will provide some kind of assurance about the outcome - I would not expect this unorthodox method to be sanctioned or really even commented upon by any DJI reps.
2019-9-21
Use props
cbaquol
lvl.2

raven swe Posted at 9-21 03:31
I just did some testing after installing the .24, 2 waypoint missions and 2 free flight flights and it works ok for me, I cant get the app to crash and I cant see a difference in the speed of the app, everything seems normal. only time will tell but for now im a happy bunny, thanks again for the upload.

Mine seems to be working normally as well. I've flown three batteries this morning with no issues. At the same time, it doesn't seem like there is anything groundbreaking in this version, and issues I was having previously that are unrelated are still present so I guess I can go back to not hyperventilating now......
2019-9-21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fans8b803c8d Posted at 9-21 00:42
Hi DJI Tony

Thanks for the suggestion but I don't have the time or inclination to jump through these unnecessary hoops for this method of GO4 update. Auto-update should be enabled in the SC device as with most other DJI devices.

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. We're sorry if the feature that would allow you to update the application to the latest version is not yet available, however, we do appreciate your assimilation with regard to this matter. Please let us know if you have other queries. Thank you for your support.
2019-9-22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

DanielVieira Posted at 9-20 00:28
Ive tried like others in this thread and it doesnt work....

Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience. May we know what particular problem did you encounter during this process? I'm current coordinating the process on downloading the app from our website. Thank you!
2019-9-22
Use props
JSdog
lvl.1
Flight distance : 101995 ft

Well at least I have one of my Mavic 2's on the regular controller and new Go4 app on my iPhone so I was able to update the batteries.
2019-9-22
Use props
Soul Dog
lvl.2
Flight distance : 369721 ft

DJI Tony Posted at 9-22 14:04
Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience. May we know what particular problem did you encounter during this process? I'm current coordinating the process on downloading the app from our website. Thank you!

The go 4 version on the download page is .14, not .24
https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4
DJI-v4.3.14_190219-735-35859_official_sec-bdad8eac7a6be4bdad999724e6de9a45
2019-9-22
Use props
cbaquol
lvl.2

DJI Tony Posted at 9-19 14:27
Yes, you could use an SD card to download the latest app on our website and install it to the smart controller. Thank you for your support.

So just to be sure here, your comment leads me to believe that DJI officially approves upgrading the app to 4.3.24 via installing the downloaded APK file onto an SD card, then loading it onto the smart controller?
2019-9-23
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Soul Dog Posted at 9-22 18:00
The go 4 version on the download page is .14, not .24
https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4
DJI-v4.3.14_190219-735-35859_official_sec-bdad8eac7a6be4bdad999724e6de9a45

Hi, thanks for the feedback. I've received the feedback with regard to this matter and the link has been fixed now. Please re-try to download the link and check if you'll be getting the same problem. If so, please provide us the screenshot of this scenario for me to coordinate it again with our team. Thank you for your support!
2019-9-23
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

cbaquol Posted at 9-23 14:00
So just to be sure here, your comment leads me to believe that DJI officially approves upgrading the app to 4.3.24 via installing the downloaded APK file onto an SD card, then loading it onto the smart controller?

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. Yes, since updating the built-in DJI Go 4 app in the Smart controller is not yet available, you could download the latest version on our website. Please let us know if you have further concern. Thank you for your support.
2019-9-23
Use props
Soul Dog
lvl.2

DJI Tony Posted at 9-23 15:22
Hi, thanks for the feedback. I've received the feedback with regard to this matter and the link has been fixed now. Please re-try to download the link and check if you'll be getting the same problem. If so, please provide us the screenshot of this scenario for me to coordinate it again with our team. Thank you for your support!

The download link still point to version .14

2019-9-23
Use props
DanielVieira
Second Officer
  • >>>

Soul Dog Posted at 9-23 16:30

[view_image]

Use this if you need: https://www.dropbox.com/s/px4fid ... c71a9613e8.apk?dl=0
2019-9-24
Use props
Adam9997
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2608901 ft
  • >>>

DanielVieira Posted at 9-24 03:00
Use this if you need: https://www.dropbox.com/s/px4fidesraubjtp/DJI-v4.3.24_190821-853-36158_official_sec-c03633ab20f38e9a64fa72c71a9613e8.apk?dl=0

Thanks Daniel
2019-9-24
Use props
Rob W
Second Officer
  • >>>

Use this if you need: https://www.dropbox.com/s/px4fidesraubjtp/DJI-v4.3.24_190821-853-36158_official_sec-c03633ab20f38e9a64fa72c71a9613e8.apk?dl=0

Thank you!
2019-9-24
Use props
ff22
Second Officer

Nice - thanks
2019-9-24
Use props
Soul Dog
lvl.2

Thanks, this apk works for me.
2019-9-24
Use props
George254
lvl.1

I am currently unable to fly my M2P with the SC because the M2P demands to be upgraded to the latest firmware and after the upgrade I get version conflict warnings and constant crashes.
It really is a disgrace for the biggest player in the market to treat users of it's premium optional products like the SC as peons that should be grateful to wait for upgrades that just make a very high priced product usable.
Total BS!
It looks like some more tech savvy folks have been able to install the new system but has anyone confirmed that it works, and that it does not void the warrantee if there is a flyaway or crash?

2019-9-24
Use props
DanielVieira
Second Officer
  • >>>

George254 Posted at 9-24 06:40
I am currently unable to fly my M2P with the SC because the M2P demands to be upgraded to the latest firmware and after the upgrade I get version conflict warnings and constant crashes.
It really is a disgrace for the biggest player in the market to treat users of it's premium optional products like the SC as peons that should be grateful to wait for upgrades that just make a very high priced product usable.
Total BS!

The update is not mandatory....i was in .0300 for long time...until now...
2019-9-24
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>

George254 Posted at 9-24 06:40
Total BS!

Firstly, there is nothing forcing you to update the M2P to the latest firmware.  You can stay on older versions and continue to fly just fine.  It will give you a message telling you there is a new firmware, but you can ignore it and fly just fine.  If you aren't happy with the latest firmware for your M2P, you can downgrade to an older version if you like.

Secondly, I (and many others) have been flying with the M2P with the latest firmware and the SC with the older Go4 v4.3.16 or v4.3.21 just fine as well.  

It sounds to me like you've got something else going on with your setup.  Maybe you can provide a bit more info here about your problems you are facing and someone can assist you through it.  A good first step would be to provide a screenshot of the issue you are seeing.
2019-9-24
Use props
fans57a29093
New

Thank you very much Daniel. You should take over the DJI support.
2019-9-24
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
  • >>>

DJI Tony Posted at 9-23 15:22

DJI Tony, I am getting the same issue as Soul Dog shows in post #66 when trying to download the .24 version of DJI Go 4 via the DJI website.  The webpage shows .24, but downloads the .14 version.  I am located in the US in case region is specific to the problem.
2019-9-24
Use props
DanielVieira
Second Officer
  • >>>

KlooGee Posted at 9-24 08:22
DJI Tony, I am getting the same issue as Soul Dog shows in post #66 when trying to download the .24 version of DJI Go 4 via the DJI website.  The webpage shows .24, but downloads the .14 version.  I am located in the US in case region is specific to the problem.

Just use the link that ive posted....
2019-9-24
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
  • >>>

DanielVieira Posted at 9-24 09:01
Just use the link that ive posted....

Yep, already did!  Thanks for that!  Will be flying with it a bit later today.  But would prefer for DJI to just fix the link for everybody to easily do it.
2019-9-24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Soul Dog Posted at 9-23 16:30

[view_image]

Hi, thanks for the feedback. I've forwarded this to our designated department to see what seems to be the problem with APK on our website. Thank you for understanding.
2019-9-24
Use props
djl61
lvl.4
Flight distance : 795810 ft

DJI Tony Posted at 9-24 13:13
Hi, thanks for the feedback. I've forwarded this to our designated department to see what seems to be the problem with APK on our website. Thank you for understanding.

DJI Tony, or anyone else, please provide step by step instructions how to update the Go 4 app on the Smart Controller using the APK file. A video with instructions would be even better.
2019-9-24
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules