The latest version of DJI Go 4 still no available for SC
8864 113 2019-9-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Soul Dog
lvl.2
Flight distance : 369721 ft

djl61 Posted at 9-24 13:50
DJI Tony, or anyone else, please provide step by step instructions how to update the Go 4 app on the Smart Controller using the APK file. A video with instructions would be even better.

1. Download the apk posted by @DanielVieira to a micro sd card
2. Put the micro sd card into your smart controller
3. Use the smart controller's file manager to find the apk on the sd card
4. Short touch the apk file name, you will be prompted to install the apk
2019-9-24
Use props
djl61
lvl.4
Flight distance : 795810 ft

Soul Dog Posted at 9-24 15:19
3. Use the smart controller's file manager to find the apk on the sd card

Thanks Soul Dog!
Did you get a chance to check to fly and test out this update?
2019-9-24
Use props
Soul Dog
lvl.2
Flight distance : 369721 ft

djl61 Posted at 9-24 15:23
Thanks Soul Dog!
Did you get a chance to check to fly and test out this update?

Just a short hover, I will get more time in this weekend. If you get to do more through testing before then, let us know what you think.
2019-9-24
Use props
Stan1915
Second Officer
Flight distance : 579669 ft
  • >>>

DanielVieira Posted at 9-24 09:01
Just use the link that ive posted....

Thanks Daniel-worked like a charm!
2019-9-24
Use props
djl61
lvl.4

Soul Dog Posted at 9-24 16:01
Just a short hover, I will get more time in this weekend. If you get to do more through testing before then, let us know what you think.

I downloaded and installed the apk without any problems! Had to update each battery, 4 in all. All the new features are there and I did a few test flights, no problems!!!
I will try waypoints and some of the other automated features and will give an update. So far so good!!!
2019-9-25
Use props
djl61
lvl.4

Seems like the the firmware and the Go4 update works on the Smart controller everything I've tested worked fine!
2019-9-25
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djl61 Posted at 9-24 13:50
DJI Tony, or anyone else, please provide step by step instructions how to update the Go 4 app on the Smart Controller using the APK file. A video with instructions would be even better.

Hi, thanks for the  prompt reply. As of the moment, we don't official process or video with regard to downloading the APK to the Smart controller. However, we will consider this as a suggestion and forward it to our designated department. In the mean-time, after downloading the application via our website, you could use an SD card to transfer the files and connect to the Smart controller.
2019-9-25
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

KlooGee Posted at 9-24 08:22
DJI Tony, I am getting the same issue as Soul Dog shows in post #66 when trying to download the .24 version of DJI Go 4 via the DJI website.  The webpage shows .24, but downloads the .14 version.  I am located in the US in case region is specific to the problem.

Hi, we're sorry for the late response. Have you tried to clear cache and try it again or possibly use a different browser?
2019-9-25
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft

raven swe Posted at 9-20 21:34
still the same for me, that link still downloads .14, I cant get it to open in the DJI Macao site even using the TOR browser, just keeps reverting to USA site

Use Tunnel Bear VPN. It's free and have 500Mb of free data per month. I was able to download and udpdate my DJI Go app to .24
https://www.tunnelbear.com/pricing

I tested the new version and seems to be more responsive and stable, no more 3 sec lag when press the 3 dot menu on the app, no freezings or crashings whatsoever.
I wish DJI get rid of the stupid horse at the splash screen of the app. I don't know what horses have to do with drones, and the freaking horse has been there for quite a while.... LOL

2019-9-25
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>

DJI Tony Posted at 9-25 15:35
Hi, we're sorry for the late response. Have you tried to clear cache and try it again or possibly use a different browser?

Tony,
This is definitely not a cache issue or a browser issue.  This is a problem with your website sending the wrong file for download for the US region.  I can use multiple different browsers and I can use incognito mode on any of them and still get the same results.

Please have your IT team resolve this from your server side.

Thanks,
-D
2019-9-26
Use props
djl61
lvl.4

DJI Tony Posted at 9-25 15:33
Hi, thanks for the  prompt reply. As of the moment, we don't official process or video with regard to downloading the APK to the Smart controller. However, we will consider this as a suggestion and forward it to our designated department. In the mean-time, after downloading the application via our website, you could use an SD card to transfer the files and connect to the Smart controller.

Soul Dog already gave some instructions on how to update Go4 on the Smart Controller.
Please correct the link on this page https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4
The software update is incorrect its not 4.3.24 as it says.
2019-9-26
Use props
GoFly Drone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 547438 ft
  • >>>

Thanks for this works a dream , so easy , dont know why DJI cant do it for us..LOL
2019-9-26
Use props
Quentyn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 37759 ft

DJI Tony Posted at 9-23 15:22
Hi, thanks for the feedback. I've received the feedback with regard to this matter and the link has been fixed now. Please re-try to download the link and check if you'll be getting the same problem. If so, please provide us the screenshot of this scenario for me to coordinate it again with our team. Thank you for your support!

still broken here, i can vpn to where ever i please and i get .14
2019-9-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djl61 Posted at 9-26 08:29
Soul Dog already gave some instructions on how to update Go4 on the Smart Controller.
Please correct the link on this page https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4
The software update is incorrect its not 4.3.24 as it says.

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. I will forward this feedback to our designated department for rectification. Thank you for your support.
2019-9-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

KlooGee Posted at 9-26 05:20
Tony,
This is definitely not a cache issue or a browser issue.  This is a problem with your website sending the wrong file for download for the US region.  I can use multiple different browsers and I can use incognito mode on any of them and still get the same results.

We do appreciate your feedback. I will coordinate the situation to our designated department. Thank you!
2019-9-26
Use props
Rockyraaccoon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 982382 ft

Thank you guys for working to figure out the fix for this.

Using the instructions above, the whole process took less than 2 minutes. Thanks again pilots.
2019-9-26
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft

Rockyraaccoon Posted at 9-26 16:11
Thank you guys for working to figure out the fix for this.

Using the instructions above, the whole process took less than 2 minutes. Thanks again pilots.

Much faster than Tony's "designated department" can fix a simple hypelink in DJI download website, for sure!!!!

2019-9-26
Use props
djl61
lvl.4

Quentyn Posted at 9-26 13:19
still broken here, i can vpn to where ever i please and i get .14

Use DanielVieira link in post #67. It's the right version. 4.3.24
2019-9-26
Use props
George254
lvl.1

DanielVieira Posted at 9-24 07:24
The update is not mandatory....i was in .0300 for long time...until now...

Thanks much!
2019-9-27
Use props
George254
lvl.1

KlooGee Posted at 9-24 07:50
Firstly, there is nothing forcing you to update the M2P to the latest firmware.  You can stay on older versions and continue to fly just fine.  It will give you a message telling you there is a new firmware, but you can ignore it and fly just fine.  If you aren't happy with the latest firmware for your M2P, you can downgrade to an older version if you like.

Secondly, I (and many others) have been flying with the M2P with the latest firmware and the SC with the older Go4 v4.3.16 or v4.3.21 just fine as well.  

Thanks.
I'm going to try a reset of the M2P to factory first because unfortunately I discovered the same issue with the original controller as well.  As you suggest me thinks the problem might lay elsewhere than the SC.
2019-9-27
Use props
TVOD
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1680082 ft

Hi, Maybe DJI are trying to sort out the bugs in the Android software on the SC and want to release it as a package, so that we are not moaning that the Time issue is not fixed or the screen black out still not fixed etc. Maybe the people who where developing the software for the SC got sacked when many got sacked over the big DJI fiddle some months ago. i have updated my mavic 2 to the new software and it seems to work ok with the SC. i did try waypoints and it seemed smoother but i did notice a slight flicker on the video. when the weather gets better i will try it again just incase it was a glitch.
2019-9-27
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>

DJI Tony Posted at 9-26 15:25
We do appreciate your feedback. I will coordinate the situation to our designated department. Thank you!

Tony,

Please be advised that you have missed a lot of content on what the issue is here.

You have different web sites for different countries. While you can access the correct file from your location, the rest of us cant.

The actual link to the file needs to be corrected globally to point to the correct FW version. The link in many countries point to an outdated file when downloaded.

This is frustrating many of your customers and just requires basic web management to resolve.

Cheers Brian

2019-10-6
Use props
akozc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2019951 ft

finally, i took off the ground and tested the M2P + SC with latest version of  DJI Go 4,
all works fine ,RTH and precious landing works well nicely.
only one issue I am experiencing is screen reaction time of the DJI Go 4 apps.
If I click on (…) three dots on left up corner,  opening of the setting windows of DJI Go4  takes longer (i.e. may be few millisecond more than the DJI Go 4 Apps on iPad Pro or Android mobile phone) .
Don't know if this is because of update or SC slower processor or the Apps itself?
Any advise welcome ….
2019-10-7
Use props
DanielVieira
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4633533 ft
  • >>>

akozc Posted at 10-7 00:51
finally, i took off the ground and tested the M2P + SC with latest version of  DJI Go 4,
all works fine ,RTH and precious landing works well nicely.
 only one issue I am experiencing is screen reaction time of the DJI Go 4 apps.

Did you clear the DJI GO 4 cache? That worked for me.
2019-10-7
Use props
Turbo16v
lvl.3
  • >>>

Do you mean the Video Cache?

Is this Version also in german?
2019-10-7
Use props
akozc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2019951 ft

DanielVieira Posted at 10-7 01:04
Did you clear the DJI GO 4 cache? That worked for me.

DanielVieira,  thanks for the  quick  reply ,
yes cache was deleted but same time I also uninstalled  and reinstalled the apps.
seems now little bit better but still opening of the setting menus not as fast as an ordinary  Android Phones or iPad Pro.
May be my eyes too sensitive and get used to the fast  menu opening screen on iPad  Pro.
2019-10-7
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>

DJI Tony Posted at 9-23 15:22
Hi, thanks for the feedback. I've received the feedback with regard to this matter and the link has been fixed now. Please re-try to download the link and check if you'll be getting the same problem. If so, please provide us the screenshot of this scenario for me to coordinate it again with our team. Thank you for your support!

Tony,

As I have previously stated the link may work for you but you need to fix the link in all your global web sites.

Depending on your country you either get the correct version or v4.3.14_190219-735-3585..........

In AU we get the above incorrect version.

Tony I don't mean to be rude, but please don't forget your supporting DJI for Global customers.

You need to address and resolve Global issues not just ones from your local country website.

Tony You need to address this not just for the current version issue but for the next release as well.

This is disenfranchising all your customers with Smart Controllers.

As a CrystalSky customer as well, It sends a very bad signal, given your lack of support for CrystalSky.

Cheers Brian
2019-10-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>

bjr981s Posted at 10-7 07:26
Tony,

As I have previously stated the link may work for you but you need to fix the link in all your global web sites.

You can clearly see from FAQ on dji website for SC that it says that dji go4 app and dji go4 for SC will be updated simultaneously.
Well it’s pretty clear this is completely untrue and needs to either be removed as a lie on djis website or policy needs to change regarding updating SC.

2019-10-7
Use props
Sunstone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 960732 ft

hallmark007 Posted at 10-7 08:15
You can clearly see from FAQ on dji website for SC that it says that dji go4 app and dji go4 for SC will be updated simultaneously.
Well it’s pretty clear this is completely untrue and needs to either be removed as a lie on djis website or policy needs to change regarding updating SC.

V4.3.25 now available to download for SC from DJI downloads section.

I have installed it on my SC and it connects fine with my M2P. I just havent been able to fly it yet.
2019-10-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>

Sunstone Posted at 10-10 07:37
V4.3.25 now available to download for SC from DJI downloads section.

I have installed it on my SC and it connects fine with my M2P. I just havent been able to fly it yet.

I go to dji downloads all I see is what I seen yesterday . Can you send a link
2019-10-10
Use props
Grumpyoldman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1872904 ft

Just started downloading DJI GO 4 but the file is version 4.3.25
2019-10-10
Use props
scarpi59
lvl.1
Flight distance : 167497 ft

Hi, I downloaded the release 4.3.25 from this site https://www.dji.com/mo/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4 directly on mi SC, then installed and everything works fine! All the battery settings are available. The only missing thing is the Flight simulator

2019-10-10
Use props
Grumpyoldman
Second Officer

I am now running
2019-10-10
Use props
Grumpyoldman
Second Officer

I am now running DJI GO4 app version 4.3.25