796 9 2019-9-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
denn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 914688 ft
Croatia

Hi,

I have DJI Spark with remote controller and I'm new to this Forum. I have one specific question regarding behavior of my Spark.

What exactly happens if Spark is in the air (let's say some 100m away) and I then suddenly turn off my controller!

Will Spark keep safely hovering in the air, then after a while start RTH routine on its own?  What exactly happens then if I turn my controller back on again, will Spark then automatically re-connect and be back in full controll again?

Thanks,
Denis

2019-9-2
Use props
Kevin8701
lvl.2
Flight distance : 167982 ft

Check the user manual:
manual.png
2019-9-2
Use props
Denndb
lvl.4
Sweden

Thanks a lot. It's clear now.

One more question - is there any confirmed advantage in using OTG connection between phone and radio, in terms of Spark range?
2019-9-2
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

There is, in Europe (non FCC areas) and in special with android phones, one thing that NEED the device to be connected with a cable to the RC:
Only then you can use 2.4 Ghz band from RC to Spark.
Which gets you most likely the better range, since the 5Ghz band is running on very little power, in CE areas.
Also, very welcome side effect, with a cable the RC and Spark can change the band midair, when in automatic mode, for the better band.
2019-9-2
Use props
Denndb
lvl.4

S-e-ven Posted at 9-2 02:49
There is, in Europe (non FCC areas) and in special with android phones, one thing that NEED the device to be connected with a cable to the RC:
Only then you can use 2.4 Ghz band from RC to Spark.
Which gets you most likely the better range, since the 5Ghz band is running on very little power, in CE areas.

Great, this is very useful to know here where there's CE area.

So if I understood right - by using OTG you can use manual mode to keep Spark in 2.4 mode and for instance:While being in the air and currently seleced manual 2.4 channel gets troubled by some external source - you can just select another manual 2.4 channel midair and re-establish connection midair. Is that correct assumption in such scenario?
2019-9-2
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

To get your Spark to RC connection in CE to 2.4 Ghz, WITH an android, you need a cable.
Or to trick the phone to believe it is in fcc-area.
Since I never intervene with the birds/RC's choice of channels or bands, I have no experience in pre selecting channels.
But it is often reported that people do that. (mostly in CE areas;-)
Just the change in the air, not sure you wanna "play" around with that, in case the bird gets already unresponsive.
I leave it in auto and it changes bands every now and then, in case the connection gets bad.

If it would auto switch/ is auto switching channels, I don't know
2019-9-2
Use props
Denndb
lvl.4
Croatia

S-e-ven Posted at 9-2 04:52
To get your Spark to RC connection in CE to 2.4 Ghz, WITH an android, you need a cable.
Or to trick the phone to believe it is in fcc-area.
Since I never intervene with the birds/RC's choice of channels or bands, I have no experience in pre selecting channels.

That exactly is the question, would changing manual 2.4 channel work midair in case connection is already lost.

Actually I had such dilema yesterday, I have manually selected ch8, went flying and somewhere on the way back the connection was lost, obviously due to some interference on ch8, because I wasn't able to get stable connection again no matter how close the Spark was (Spark started RTH). In that moment I was thinking to try to manually select some other free 2.4  channel in order to re-establish connection. However I was scared to do that, did not know how Spark will react.
2019-9-2
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

Denndb Posted at 9-2 05:25
That exactly is the question, would changing manual 2.4 channel work midair in case connection is already lost.

Actually I had such dilema yesterday, I have manually selected ch8, went flying and somewhere on the way back the connection was lost, obviously due to some interference on ch8, because I wasn't able to get stable connection again no matter how close the Spark was (Spark started RTH). In that moment I was thinking to try to manually select some other free 2.4  channel in order to re-establish connection. However I was scared to do that, did not know how Spark will react.

It shouldn't matter, during aRTH it is RTH till you cancel it.
Trying to change channels can, imho, not make anything worse.
But:
You had a  connection from the start till RTH
My expectation is, and experience is telling, too:
Soon on the way back it connects again.
At least in auto mode.
And as I wrote, I can just confirm that the spark is trying to switch bands in case of connection losses or disturbances.
But I do assume that the channels will also be auto changed.

I'd say you get a cable and test all options!

2019-9-2
Use props
Denndb
lvl.4
Sweden

S-e-ven Posted at 9-2 06:19
It shouldn't matter, during aRTH it is RTH till you cancel it.
Trying to change channels can, imho, not make anything worse.
But:

Thanks a lot. I will try it, seems to me clear now.

Well, in my example from yesterday, I was in manual mode regarding channel selection, so Spart could not search for better channel once my selected channel 8 got into interference. Next time if that happens I will just try to switch to some other 2.4 channel manually, wait for them to reconnect and then cancel RTH (as I will take over control in my hands again).
2019-9-2
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. You may refer to the screenshot that has been provided by Kevin8701. Once the remote controller regained the connection to the aircraft, you could override the RTH function and controller the aircraft again. Hope that this would clarify your query. Thank you for continued support.
2019-9-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules