Just to be sure about something.
751 4 2019-9-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Adi Hertila
lvl.2
Flight distance : 297185 ft

Hello, a few weeks ago I started my drone and I was flying towards and I lost the signal. On the screen, it appeared if I want to return to home or cancel, I selected return to home and I got an error saying Return To Home failed or operation timeout (cant remember). For a few moments, I thought I lost it and then it just came back. Can someone check the logs below and tell me if everything was ok and why the drone said operation timeout? I just want to be sure before making another fly. Thank you.

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/39O602WRYKHVYSGIKH5A/
2019-9-3
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>

From what you wrote:
You had no connection between device/RC and Spark
That leads to operation timeout, because the "order" , "now, RTH", could not get confirmed by the Spark
But the RTH starts anyway, fully automated after time, in case of no connection.

The "you want RTH  or cancel" is just a "thing", if only the device is disconnected, the stream is down, but the RC can still control the bird.

So without looking on your record I'd say:  all worked well, the fail safe RTH worked as it's supposed to!
2019-9-3
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>

Hi Adi,

See my chart.

OUTOFCONTROL = when AC completely disconnected from the RC, thus automatic into a RTH 'mode'

cheers
JJB
analysis1.png
2019-9-3
Use props
Adi Hertila
lvl.2
Flight distance : 297185 ft

Thank you very much !
2019-9-3
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're glad that our valued DJI Forum members were able to help you out figuring out what happened to your previous flight. We would recommend flying your drone in an open area without any interferences to prevent the incident. Thank you for your support.
2019-9-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules