Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Why the long delivery time for the OM3?
952 14 2019-9-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ScanDrone
Captain
Flight distance : 1026260 ft

I wonder if anyone knows why the OM3 has such delays/long delivery?
Have DJI sold so much more than they expected, do they have issues with some of it's suppliers or perhaps technical problems?
Or is it simply just their system is not showing accurate info? 20-25 business days is a pretty long waiting time.

OM3.JPG
2019-9-3
Use props
djiuser_adBe6zAntYlx
lvl.1

i have no idea. I ordered mine mid August and I'm still waiting!
2019-9-3
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Due to the high demand of our new product the DJI Osmo Mobile 3, the estimated delivery time would be 20-25 days after the payment confirmed. Once your product is already been shipped out, you will receive an email regarding your tracking number. Thank you for your kind and understanding for the said matter. Thank you for your continued support!
2019-9-3
Use props
ScanDrone
Captain

djiuser_adBe6zAntYlx Posted at 9-3 08:36
[view_image]

i have no idea. I ordered mine mid August and I'm still waiting!

You ordered so early and still got 20-25 business days makes me a bit concerned. I would assume it takes a few hours to assemble a OM3, and since you have heard nothing, the estimated time may be accurate. Meaning they likely have some production issues.
2019-9-3
Use props
ScanDrone
Captain

DJI Gamora Posted at 9-3 08:42
Hi, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Due to the high demand of our new product the DJI Osmo Mobile 3, the estimated delivery time would be 20-25 days after the payment confirmed. Once your product is already been shipped out, you will receive an email regarding your tracking number. Thank you for your kind and understanding for the said matter. Thank you for your continued support!

Thanks DJI Gamora.
It's great you have such high demand, but having about 1 month lead time sounds like a logistical, planning or technical issue?
2019-9-3
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

ScanDrone Posted at 9-3 08:57
Thanks DJI Gamora.
It's great you have such high demand, but having about 1 month lead time sounds like a logistical, planning or technical issue?

Hi, thank you for reaching out and then again we're sorry for the trouble. This concern is already been forwarded to our designated department and they are now looking into it. Thank you for your kind and understanding.
2019-9-4
Use props
KlooGee
Captain
Flight distance : 16641309 ft
  • >>>

Not sure what country you are in, but if in the US, it looks like you can get it from Amazon and have it by Monday the 9th.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07RHJ7LWH/ref=as_li_tl

B&H also appears to have it in stock and available for immediate shipment.
2019-9-4
Use props
fansfe82067d
Captain
  • >>>

They seemed to have limited stock at the outset - "one per customer only" - now, I wonder whether they have had a problem fixing the sideways tilt issue that the early models seem to exhibit?  Hopefully that will be fixable in firmware for those like me who got in quick, which is perhaps never a good idea!
2019-9-4
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>

It came and it's good.
20190904_203708.jpg
2019-9-4
Use props
ScanDrone
Captain

KlooGee Posted at 9-4 14:43
Not sure what country you are in, but if in the US, it looks like you can get it from Amazon and have it by Monday the 9th.

Thanks, I am in the US, so I guess I could have ordered it from Amazon etc. But I wanted to use my $40 DJI credit from prior purchases, so no other option but direct from DJI.
2019-9-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>

ScanDrone Posted at 9-5 06:19
Thanks, I am in the US, so I guess I could have ordered it from Amazon etc. But I wanted to use my $40 DJI credit from prior purchases, so no other option but direct from DJI.

They obviously have run out of stock, since release 25 days was the turnaround mine shipped in one day even though it said 20/25 so hopefully it won’t take so long .
2019-9-5
Use props
marctronixx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 210118 ft
  • >>>

Been off the forums a few days.. “sideways tilt”? Gotta read up on that.

The product is in heavy demand. If you are not in the US you will have to wait.
2019-9-5
Use props
Oracle Miata
Captain
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>

KlooGee Posted at 9-4 14:43

I believe that’s just the base model minus all the extras like the tripod...
2019-9-5
Use props
ScanDrone
Captain

hallmark007 Posted at 9-5 08:02
They obviously have run out of stock, since release 25 days was the turnaround mine shipped in one day even though it said 20/25 so hopefully it won’t take so long .

Thx, yes I hope the 20-25 business days is not accurate.
But if it is, someone at DJI (or their supplier) have done a mistake; either planning with underestimating the demand or logistical not having the supply chain filled with parts. It could also be they have a production problem where they cannot meet the production demands with high enough quality.
2019-9-5
Use props
KlooGee
Captain
Flight distance : 16641309 ft
  • >>>

Oracle Miata Posted at 9-5 08:26
I believe that’s just the base model minus all the extras like the tripod...

Good eye!  I missed that on the initial post.  Looks like the combo is not easily available in other places either.
2019-9-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules