Counterweight on Osmo Mobile 3
11302 23 2019-9-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rnaszcyn
New

Is there any announcement for a counterweight on the Osmo Mobile 3? iPhone XS Max usage is limited without that ability. Looks like there is a 3MM .5 thread on the phone holder that a counterweight holder could be designed to be used with. Hoping I don't need to make my own counterweight rig.
2019-9-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day rnaszcyn. Thank you for reaching out. As of the moment we do not have any information when will the counterweight accessory for the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 will be available. Rest assured that DJI is looking in to the matter and in addition I will forward this information to the designated DJI department for further development of the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 and it's accessories. For the latest update and accessories for the DJI Osmo Mobile 3. Please visit our official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your support.
2019-9-3
Use props
djiuser_skYCFr9JnGgV
lvl.1

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-3 08:52
Hello and good day rnaszcyn. Thank you for reaching out. As of the moment we do not have any information when will the counterweight accessory for the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 will be available. Rest assured that DJI is looking in to the matter and in addition I will forward this information to the designated DJI department for further development of the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 and it's accessories. For the latest update and accessories for the DJI Osmo Mobile 3. Please visit our official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your support.

Can DJI confirm that the 3mm threaded socket on the side of phone clamp Osmo Mobile 3 is intended for a counterweight.
2019-9-4
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>

It says so in the manual so...
2019-9-4
Use props
marctronixx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 210118 ft
  • >>>

Yes the manual states this , but will dji make weights for it? Doubtful.
2019-9-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

djiuser_skYCFr9JnGgV Posted at 9-4 18:03
Can DJI confirm that the 3mm threaded socket on the side of phone clamp Osmo Mobile 3 is intended for a counterweight.

Hello and good day. Thank you for reaching out. The socket on the side of the phone holder on the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 is a counterweight port for balance adjustment when using other third-party accessories ( such as external lens ).
2019-9-6
Use props
DamonMartin
lvl.1

Question — what is the thread size for the socket on the side of the Osmo Mobile 3 or does anyone know any gimbal counterweights that have that thread size? Everything I'm finding online has a 1/4 thread size like a standard tripod mount and this socket is obviously smaller.
2019-9-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

Shouldnt be too hard to get some brass bar and tap that thread on the end.   But from the youtube reports to use the Osmo3 with Iphone and lenses it wasnt needed to add a counter weight,   Moment are selling the Osmo3 and they have not mention of weights needed.
2019-9-9
Use props
djiuser_rsjwLhEZncil
New

iPhone X does not balance well without pushing the volume down button.
I own a osmo 3 for few days now. My “luck” is that I have a smashed iPhone and the button is not functioning very well.
And I imagine that adding a lens will only make things worst. I’ve also seen countless videos with lenses on iPhones on Osmo
2019-10-12
Use props
belfryman
lvl.1

I need a counterweight for sure.  Note 8 - don't ask -  and Moment lens, it tells me phone not mounted.  
2019-10-12
Use props
Dave_bass5
lvl.3

No real issues here with the XS Max, even in a slim silicone case.
2019-10-13
Use props
belfryman
lvl.1

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-3 08:52

This is kind of important. Most of the time I'm using Moment lenses so can't use the Mobile 3 most of the time. Do you have any ETA for the counterweights or any suggestions of alteratives in the meantime? Thanks.  
2019-10-14
Use props
KJMPhotography
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2652500 ft

Screenshot 2019-10-14 at 15.25.07.png
2019-10-14
Use props
Daze513
lvl.2

Ulanzi website shows sold out!! Is it really sold out or just dont have stock?... Any other places to buy?
2019-10-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

belfryman Posted at 10-14 00:14
This is kind of important. Most of the time I'm using Moment lenses so can't use the Mobile 3 most of the time. Do you have any ETA for the counterweights or any suggestions of alteratives in the meantime? Thanks.

Hello and good day belfryman. Thank you for reaching out. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our valued DJI members who owns the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 and uses a counterweight on the said device. In addition the socket on the side of the phone holder on the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 is a counterweight port for balance adjustment when using other third-party accessories. As of the moment we do not have any information when will the counterweight accessory for the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 will be available on the DJI store for purchase. For the latest updates and accessories for the DJI Osmo Mobile 3. Please visit our official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your support.
2019-10-15
Use props
markusd1984
lvl.2

Ireland

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-15 10:12
Hello and good day belfryman. Thank you for reaching out. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our valued DJI members who owns the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 and uses a counterweight on the said device. In addition the socket on the side of the phone holder on the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 is a counterweight port for balance adjustment when using other third-party accessories. As of the moment we do not have any information when will the counterweight accessory for the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 will be available on the DJI store for purchase. For the latest updates and accessories for the DJI Osmo Mobile 3. Please visit our official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your support.

Could you please provide some advise as to what the supported limit of counterweight actually is without harming the motors?
Surely DJI must have tested this if this is the intended use, to allow for heavier mobiles and lens attachments.
2019-11-5
Use props
Brian Mackey 20
lvl.1
Flight distance : 571 ft
United States

Cine Milled in california has a set, it will not allow me to post a link
2019-11-11
Use props
djiuser_LCinZoWzNbX2
lvl.1
United Kingdom

They sell them on Ebay
2019-11-13
Use props
djiuser_LCinZoWzNbX2
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Counter weight for osmo mobile 3
Screenshot_20191113-131412_eBay.jpg
Screenshot_20191113-131532_eBay.jpg
2019-11-13
Use props
djiuser_LCinZoWzNbX2
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Although these are supposed to work u still have to be mindful of the max weight limit for gimbal
2019-11-13
Use props
djiuser_LCinZoWzNbX2
lvl.1
United Kingdom

markusd1984 Posted at 11-5 01:33
Could you please provide some advise as to what the supported limit of counterweight actually is without harming the motors?
Surely DJI must have tested this if this is the intended use, to allow for heavier mobiles and lens attachments.

Dji probably won't make them because most compatible phones are nudging the maximum weight for gimbal so adding counter weight to it would be over the max recommended limits for motors therefore invalidate the warranty
2019-11-13
Use props
Elliotpstern
lvl.1

United States

Ulanzi on Amazon has the weights.  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Z4CGBD3/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A209UUQT8O7JCV&psc=1
2020-1-24
Use props
Elliotpstern
lvl.1

United States

Ulanzi / Amazon for Osmo 3 weights.   https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... UQT8O7JCV&psc=1
2020-1-24
Use props
Tin Kai Yin
New

Hong Kong

Try this: https://www.amazon.com/ULANZI-Counterweight-Balance-Stabilizer-Anamorphic/dp/B07Z4CGBD3
2020-4-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules